NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, yeah. A reciprocating saw will cut through anything in a wall: drywall, insulation, water pipes (don't ask me how I know), electrical wires (again, don't ask..), studs....

Hoppy I agree, no chainsaws involved here in evidence collecting except for ones on property as would be used in tree businesses. There is just confusion about that. Let's drop the chainsaw inside the house, people.

(Hoppy: do NOT cut through electrical wires with anything. Unless they are not connected to anything at all (i.e. a spool from the hardware store, or your main breaker is off. We need you here. :) )

A Catawba County grand jury handed down an indictment Monday against Elisa Baker, charging that she “unlawfully, willfully and feloniously did with deceit and intent to defraud a police investigation, obstruct justice by constructing and placing a false ransom letter and reporting an abduction of her step-daughter, Zarah Baker.”

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/01/elisa-baker-indicted-obstruction-charge-ar-502190/

sooo it IS CATAWBA.... mystery solved!

Wow i guess her reporting the abduction of Zahra was a big deal because she knew she was dead so that was a false report.. otherwise they wouldnt add that to the indictment yet right?

News report said LE also had planks of wood on a truck that they were going to use for something. If you cut out beams in a ceiling for access to attic or crawlspace up there (or whatever the technical term is), wouldn't you need planks to walk on?

You would also need to reinforce where you took out walls if the portion was large enough or especially if it was a load bearing wall.

when I think crawlspace, I think under the house, maybe, like in many homes, it has a crawl space beneath the home with dirt floor rather than concrete, perhaps that was even what hose was about last week, the excavation of a dirt crawl space beneath home. Those things are tight! Maybe for a prorper search it has been necessary to cut out portions of floor, including some joists? Just musing, no link or proof.

Phooey, apparently you can't read it if you don't have facebook. Grrr.

Sorry behind here, I'm trying to catch up after dinner.

She posted that she has more info from Biomum, and more on London Dude, but was awaiting confirmation.

Not 100% positive...but if it was a legal search (search warrants for property recovered, by whatever means)...I think it's usually up to homeowners insurance. Any attorney's present to answer? I believe it also has to do with whether or not the property/house/vehicle whatever is left 'habitable.'

If it is proven that Zahra was indeed tortured and murdered in this house then they should do the same to this house as they did to Paul Bernardo's & Karla Homolka's house.

Tear it down.

Wow i guess her reporting the abduction of Zahra was a big deal because she knew she was dead so that was a false report.. otherwise they wouldnt add that to the indictment yet right?
exACTly! and I think the precise reason LE chose to go the GJ route for indictment vs probable cause hearing where everyone and their brother could tweet what LE has so far

News report said LE also had planks of wood on a truck that they were going to use for something. If you cut out beams in a ceiling for access to attic or crawlspace up there (or whatever the technical term is), wouldn't you need planks to walk on?
I saw that truck with the plywood on it. To me - it says they are cutting out the floors (or any part thereof) to get down into that crawlspace. You can't walk through a house with huge holes in the floor - I think the plywood was to cover up holes in the floor - KWIM?

DH still on phone - waiting patiently......

aall this destruction of Mr C's (AB Boss) home makes me feel bad for him. All he did was give a guy a job and rent him a house. I sure hope insurance, crime victim fund, something is going to reimburse him for his troubles.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

You guys have been great posters today! I'm impressed!

I'm just back after taking four days off so I could get some work done in RL.....and I am impressed indeed.

I get up early for work, so I have to go to bed now. I hope that by morning there will be more news about Zahra.

Be good for the other mods!

:blowkiss:

firemen use axes, have to ask my neighbor for what............

tearing out hunks of floorboards, etc. I believe they also use them on drywall to get to studs but I don't think that is what is happening here.

aall this destruction of Mr C's (AB Boss) home makes me feel bad for him. All he did was give a guy a job and rent him a house. I sure hope insurance, crime victim fund, something is going to reimburse him for his troubles.
Me too - poor guy. I willing to say he will never be "made whole" by all this. Even if the house is repaired and fixed up - who will ever want to rent, live in that house again? That's gonna be a tough sell.

I saw that truck with the plywood on it. To me - it says they are cutting out the floors (or any part thereof) to get down into that crawlspace. You can't walk through a house with huge holes in the floor - I think the plywood was to cover up holes in the floor - KWIM?

DH still on phone - waiting patiently......

Well, that was my first thought...they are there to walk on (be it in attic or on floor), so I'm inclined to agree with you on this.

And now, I'm going to read more and post less, because when it comes to construction I have nothing of value to offer. I'm Olivia Walton, not John Walton. ;)

http://www.wcnc.com/news/Step-Mother-of-Missing-Hickory-Girl--106478488.html

by RAD BERKY / NewsChannel 36
E-mail Rad: RBerky@WCNC.com
WCNC.com
Posted on November 1, 2010 at 6:25 PM
Updated today at 6:26 PM

CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C.-- There were new developments in the case of Zahra Baker Monday.

The 10-year-old Hickory girl has been missing now for just over three weeks.

In Catawba County, a grand jury indicted the girl's stepmother, Elisa Baker, on a felony count of obstruction of justice.

Did AB/EB choose to leave the boss's house or were they asked to leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23