Penn State's athletic director plus ex-Paterno assistant charged in child sex case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandusky, through his attorney, denies all the charges. Attorney Joe Amendola, said Sandusky attributes the allegations to troubled kids who are acting out.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/mothers_of_two_of_jerry_sandus.html

Of course they are. All 8. Or 9. Or the eventual 15, 20, 200...

Because Sandusky is an old hand at this and he has been around for a very, very long time....

And statistics show that boys in particular who have been abused in this fashion will drink, turn to drugs and have a high incidence of suicides.

Mothers should start looking hard at their sons who participated in this organization.

Of course they are. All 8. Or 9. Or the eventual 15, 20, 200...

Because Sandusky is an old hand at this and he has been around for a very, very long time....

And statistics show that boys in particular who have been abused in this fashion will drink, turn to drugs and have a high incidence of suicides.

Mothers should start looking hard at their sons who participated in this organization.

Sure, the good they do isn't an excuse, it was a means to an end. Just like men who enter the priesthood, coach baseball, lead Scouts just to have access to boys while appearing to be a lamb

Bill Reiter, FoxSports:

Reported exit looming, JoePa must talk

On Tuesday, 30 minutes before he was scheduled to address more than 120 members of the media about a mounting scandal surrounding allegations a former coach sexually abused young boys and school officials failed to help put a stop to it, the word spread: Once again Paterno would fail to speak.

It seemed a lot like a sign that Paterno is on his way out, and an hour later the New York Times reported just that: That the university is in the process of determining just when, in days or weeks, that Paterno will leave.

Good. But he still must speak. Now. There’s been enough silence to do enough damage for at least eight lifetimes. Reports have surfaced of a ninth victim stepping forward and that Jerry Sandusky — the former defensive coordinator whose alleged abuses are at the center of the case — was seen on the Penn State campus as recently as a week ago working out.
---
Cowards, then and now, every last one of you.
---
more at link above

I am finding myself burning with anger. So, some grown men saw a 10 year old being raped in a locker room shower. Which one of them ran to the rescue of this child? Apparently no one. They don't even know the little boy's name!

Then the locker room keys were merely taken away from the perpetrator.......the message being "Carry on, just don't do it here." And I would be willing to bet that to this very day, that is still "carrying on".

Everyone involved looks like a criminal to me. I don't care what their "position" in life is. If you saw this happen and did NOTHING, then you are just as guilty as the person commiting the CRIME.

I am finding myself burning with anger. So, some grown men saw a 10 year old being raped in a locker room shower. Which one of them ran to the rescue of this child? Apparently no one. They don't even know the little boy's name!

Then the locker room keys were merely taken away from the perpetrator.......the message being "Carry on, just don't do it here." And I would be willing to bet that to this very day, that is still "carrying on".

Everyone involved looks like a criminal to me. I don't care what their "position" in life is. If you saw this happen and did NOTHING, then you are just as guilty as the person commiting the CRIME.

Thank you for pointing this out-not one but two grown men witnessed "Jerry" raping two boys in separate incidents in a shower-and neither rushed to the child's aid. Neither grabbed the child and kicked the daylights out of the child's attacker.

Both of them were so badly shaken by the incidents that they repeatedly mentioned them...but not to anyone who counted apparently. But most of all, they let these boys be assaulted. Pretty much sealing the impression these boys already had-that Sandusky could act with impunity and that they were helpless to stop it.

Way to go.

From azwriter's post:

Jerry's father was a pillar of goodness in our home town of Washington, Pa. He opened a center for children from poor families to experience team sports. Everyone remembers the family who gave so much to the youth of the community. Jerry was just an ordinary guy who played baseball and football from pre-teen to high school age.

Sounds familiar.

I'm seething... :furious:

How did anyone walk away from the rape of a young boy? How do you do that?! I would have picked up the nearest heavy thing, and there's bound to be a good selection in a locker room, and smashed it against the head of that <I can't think of a name bad enough to fit here> while yelling GET AWAY FROM THAT BOY! And I wouldn't have stopped until the police peeled me off of him.

I don't care who it is. ANYONE!

That one fella was obviously more concerned about his future at Penn State than the fact that a young boy was being brutalized. And, if his future would be in question because he intervened or even chickened out and just called authorities on a boy being assaulted, what does that tell you about Penn State??!

IMO, they ALL need to go to jail.

I think this is the first thread, in my history at WS, that I've resorted to capital letters. OMG, I'm just spitting. I feel like throwing up.

Disgusting, the lot of them. :furious:

Another thing! Why do these news reports keep calling this a 'scandal'? A scandal is when you are caught in bed with another man's wife. This is no scandal. This is horrific crimes against children! <breathe ... breathe ... breathe>

:furious:

My school had a Sandusky...Google Eddie Fisher and Porter Gaud if you want that story. And my hometown is also in the middle of another one - Skip Reville and Charleston, SC.

This story brings up so many emotions in my heart, but of one thing I am certain - a 10-year-old boy being anally invaded by a grown man is something that needs to be followed mercilessly until the end of time by any adult with that knowledge.

My prayers to everyone involved in this painful, painful case.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...s-in-sandusky-sex-case-reportedly-nearing-20/

FOX 29 in Philadelphia is reporting this evening that the number of potential victims is now closer to 20 following a spate of new allegations of sexual abuse. During a press conference Monday, state law enforcement officials publicized phone numbers for potential victims or tipsters to call. Those calls have left investigators with new leads to follow and, apparently, additional alleged victims.

Sick to my stomach after reading this. Had heard bits of it on the radio as I was in & out of the car. Karma, JoeP!! You are finished in disgrace that will long outlive you! How could you live with yourself knowing what a member of your staff was doing? You are a Monster for keeping quiet while a pedophile on your staff abused little boys!

A REAL Man would have gone to any height to stop this the second he heard about it!! :furious:

I wouldn't be surprised if all the Penn State fans cheer in support of Paterno at Saturday's game. It will probably resemble Dear Leader's birthday in North Korea.

Another thing! Why do these news reports keep calling this a 'scandal'? A scandal is when you are caught in bed with another man's wife. This is no scandal. This is horrific crimes against children! <breathe ... breathe ... breathe>

:furious:

It's incredible, really. I've actually heard a reporter describing the assaults on these boys as "frolicking in the locker room". Many reports use the words "child sex", or "sex with children".

It's CHILD RAPE , and it should be punishable by life in prison, at least!
Everyone who knew about this and did nothing should lose their jobs and be prosecuted if possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if all the Penn State fans cheer in support of Paterno at Saturday's game. It will probably resemble Dear Leader's birthday in North Korea.
I love that comparison.

From Roxanne Jones, CNN:

Horror in Happy Valley: Paterno must go
(CNN) -- We are ... Penn State.

I cannot recount the thousands of times that I have proudly proclaimed that chant throughout the years. I belted it out as a Penn State cheerleader, later as a proud alum standing in Beaver Stadium among nearly 100,000 raucous fans, and more recently on Saturday afternoons sitting solo in my TV room watching my Nittany Lions roar in those classic no-name jerseys.
---
If these allegations are proven true, this scandal is far worse than anything that's happened at other universities. Exploiting dozens and raping young boys could never compare to the minor infractions of boosters buying a car for a player or a player selling his autographed football jersey for a few bucks.

Now, as I look back at my years at Penn State and realize that some of these alleged incidents were possibly taking place as I was a student there proudly waving my pompoms, I feel sick.

We are ... Penn State. And we are ashamed.
the rest of another excellent essay at link above

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...s-in-sandusky-sex-case-reportedly-nearing-20/

FOX 29 in Philadelphia is reporting this evening that the number of potential victims is now closer to 20 following a spate of new allegations of sexual abuse. During a press conference Monday, state law enforcement officials publicized phone numbers for potential victims or tipsters to call. Those calls have left investigators with new leads to follow and, apparently, additional alleged victims.

I'm so afraid the numbers will be in the hundreds based on the children he had access to. Not that it matters but I wonder if he was abused and I wonder if those innocent children he sexually abused will be abusers?

You know in a situation like this a lot of people had to know about it! Whoever JP went to to report this is just as responsible too even if it's a group of people. Anyone involved in the decision to have him turn in the keys to the shower roon are guilty.

When did the visual sightings occur by the two different men? If the date was reported I have missed it? Why does this remind me of the "Good old Boys" just sweep it under the rug and hide it. Which some in power there apparently have successfully done for several years?

I also wonder if some of the victims will not report it because of shame and fear it will affect their careers. Those poor children !

I think of my son at the sweet age of 10 and I'd feel like killing anyone who did that to him. Knowing how he was at that age he would have never told me either. Oh the evil in this world.

This I fear is the tip of the iceberg!

A question I haven't seen posed yet in the media: were others besides Jerry Sandusky involved in abuse? Did this unfathomable silence and inaction only protect one person, or are there others involved?

I am still seething. So many adults knew! So many! Wtf. Is this just another thing like hazing and bullying that 'real men' say is a part of growing up, just being boys, etc?! I don't know what to think. I am so disgusted and disturbed that so many people swept it under the rug. Is this something that is so commonplace that it didn't disturb them? Are locker rooms a place where sexual assaults are the norm? Do they look at it as "there is always a few of those guys on/with the team."?
And if you are a Penn state football player with a degree that has anything to do with kids: teaching, coaching, etc, good luck getting a job when you graduate. As a parent, there is NO WAY I am putting my child in your class or on your team. That may be biased, but i only have one chance to raise my children and I am not about to compromise their safety so I can be PC.

It just makes me sick that someone SAW something happening, and was too afraid to act. What a complete coward all these men were/are. To know someone abuses kids, and do nothing to protect them??? If it wasn't for stories like this, I wouldn't think there were people who were capable of such inaction, especially in regards to the sexual abuse of children. Who would WANT to work for an institute that would protect a child abuser and allow him to stay on as an employee just to save face?

Sandusky, through his attorney, denies all the charges. Attorney Joe Amendola, said Sandusky attributes the allegations to troubled kids who are acting out.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/mothers_of_two_of_jerry_sandus.html

Sorry Joe, but admitting that you showered with a 9 year old, in private, hugged him while doing so and "maybe" touched his "private parts, " in from of his mother, two police officers, and later a welfare worker is not a troubled kid "acting out."

Mr. Amendola, I doubt that you should use that defense, unless the jury is filled with NAMBLA members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member