GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it read that the body had been left in the open but because was covered eventually with overgrowth......

http://swns.com/skeletal-remains-found-on-disused-bristol-factory-site-111425.html

He said yesterday: ”We believe she was fully clothed and there were no indications that any attempts had been made to bury or conceal her other than the fact that the site itself has become overgrown during the past few years.

Interesting Columbosstogey
This on the heels of Js case, uncanny . I wonder who went missing around 2007 in Bristol. They talk about the unsolved murders but I wonder how many missing persons there in that area as well. Maybe they will find a link, have to see what they come up with.

These are the tapes I was thinking about, they may hold the key to all that went on that night, not much has been said about them, the evidence they hold may be all they need, so its all been quiet, no reason to look any further.

Exactly Whitedove, I think that something crucial may have been seen on those tapes, something that helped complete the picture.

Hunt for clues to identify skeleton
9 hrs ago on This is Bristol Filton News
POLICE are trawling through 1,200 cases of missing women as they try to identify the skeleton found on wasteland in Avonmouth last week. So far detectives have eliminated about 900 of those and work is continuing on the remaining cases from across the country to see if there are links to the body. The remains were found on overgrown land at what used to be the Sevalco chemical plant off Severn Road last Monday.

Nothing confirmed about Clifton Bridge CCTV recording LL's car just speculation and different stories all very vague

Thanks, Mr B - I thought not, but wondered if I'd missed something. One has to be careful to distinguish theories from confirmed facts.

Re the Clifton Bridge.

Can we assume that pedestrians and cyclists who use it bypass the toll and proceed either side of the single carriageway.

If your regular transport was on bike perhaps you wouldn't ordinarily take into account the cctv as you waited in a car for your toll.

I'm beginning to think that a panicked suspect at night may well choose the closest route to get across the river from Canynge Rd.

To drive through a built up area with a body in the vehicle to reach the Avon Bridge may not have been so appealing. Perhaps this is why the police concentrated on the Clifton Bridge route?

The Beggar Lane route would have the perp approach the deposition site from the north end. He stopped at the "odd" Longwood Lane location precisely because he could see approaching traffic from a long distance from both directions on the brow of the hill.

Re the Clifton Bridge.

Can we assume that pedestrians and cyclists who use it bypass the toll and proceed either side of the single carriageway.

If your regular transport was on bike perhaps you wouldn't ordinarily take into account the cctv as you waited in a car for your toll.

I'm beginning to think that a panicked suspect at night may well choose the closest route to get across the river from Canynge Rd.

To drive through a built up area with a body in the vehicle to reach the Avon Bridge may not have been so appealing. Perhaps this is why the police concentrated on the Clifton Bridge route?

The Beggar Lane route would have the perp approach the deposition site from the north end. He stopped at the "odd" Longwood Lane location precisely because he could see approaching traffic from a long distance from both directions on the brow of the hill.

Yes a daylight disposition would make sense as it would be unlikely that VT managed to get the use of a car on the night of 17th. And he would want to pick a spot where he could see a long way in both directions in LWL, as opposed to night where you could see the distant glow of approaching headlights. As his girlfriend was around he has to pick a time when maybe she went out shopping or something.
The CCTV in Canygne Road, (maths professor), might have seen a car leave 44 in daylight at a certain time and the IT found a corresponding image of the same car on Clifton Bridge a few minutes later.

Interesting Columbosstogey
This on the heels of Js case, uncanny . I wonder who went missing around 2007 in Bristol. They talk about the unsolved murders but I wonder how many missing persons there in that area as well. Maybe they will find a link, have to see what they come up with.

Hi kingfisher the only person i found of significant was Kate Prout, who went missing 2007 and this is the last time this factory was used. BUT Kate Prout was a bit older I think and very modern in her dress.

I wonder if this person isnt eastern european as the jacket reminds me of my friends who has one similar and she comes from EE. Sad end to your life either way.

But like someone just mentioned it shows you that you can leave a body out in the open for a long time without being found if you leave the body somwhere which is closed down or not used.

You dont leave a body in full view on a busy road unless you are a bit daft or making a statement. IMHO.

Hi kingfisher the only person i found of significant was Kate Prout, who went missing 2007 and this is the last time this factory was used. BUT Kate Prout was a bit older I think and very modern in her dress.

I wonder if this person isnt eastern european as the jacket reminds me of my friends who has one similar and she comes from EE. Sad end to your life either way.

But like someone just mentioned it shows you that you can leave a body out in the open for a long time without being found if you leave the body somwhere which is closed down or not used.

You dont leave a body in full view on a busy road unless you are a bit daft or making a statement. IMHO.

Unless you wanted it found at a particular time when you can fudge the timeline to say you weren't there, in Cambridge for instance.

Had a quick look back but it is difficult on Google now that you can't get separate UK information. If the person is EE that would not seem to fit in with the other murders. I would not think it was kp the trainers seem to be threaded in a younger style, I wonder how they were found, arranged or not. The jacket, would that type be used more in the spring or Autumn.
The police did say it could go back eight years but no one had been there since 2007 so that is why I was thinking it could have been 2007 or after. There has been some trouble with the sites new owners and Bristol county council since 2007.

You dont leave a body in full view on a busy road unless you are a bit daft or making a statement. IMHO. I agree.

[/COLOR]

Unless you wanted it found at a particular time when you can fudge the timeline to say you weren't there, in Cambridge for instance.

I agree, this would serve two purposes if the perp was indeed VT body removed from flat to imply the murder took place away from the premises and therefore take investigation away from the building and residents and body to be found when perp was away from the area.

Sorry, what do you mean?

Has your .com or .net profile vanished from the UK search in Google.co.uk?

If so then you may well be a victim of a long standing problem with using a .com or .net domain when targeting the UK, what you will find is that there will still be a profile in worldwide results but when you search the UK only results the profile will have gone.
They've taken the "search only UK" one from the UK site too. ... for items to buy, and Web option when looking for general information.

not gone into it yet but this seems to be what is happening

If the person is EE that would not seem to fit in with the other murders.

What other murders? Am I missing something here?

The police did say it could go back eight years but no one had been there since 2007 so that is why I was thinking it could have been 2007 or after. There has been some trouble with the sites new owners and Bristol county council since 2007.

The site was a owned by Sevalco who had a carbon black factory there. Seralco didn't finally close down its operations in Avonmouth until the beginning of 2009. See http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news...th-factory/article-518250-detail/article.html, but looking at the comments you'll see one 'Nick' stating that "We were put on a 3 month production halt anyway", so actual production may well have been a bit sporadic before that.

I would think that's it's possible that body might have been there since 2003. She was found near a couple of big oil storage tanks, and that's the kind of thing you locate far away from the business end of things, and so it could well be the kind of place that nobody went even when the factory was operational.

There has been some trouble with the sites new owners and Bristol county council since 2007.

I believe there's been a bit of tussle over planning permission etc, which was all resolved last month;
http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news...-approved/article-3218445-detail/article.html

So they are going to build some sexy new biofuels plant that will use imported palm oil. Conveniently the site features two big storage tanks and a pipeline to the port, so now there's a reason for people to go to the storage tanks.

I would think that's it's possible that body might have been there since 2003. She was found near a couple of big oil storage tanks, and that's the kind of thing you locate far away from the business end of things, and so it could well be the kind of place that nobody went even when the factory was operational.

Could even be a suicide. Unlikely, perhaps, but sounds like so far there's nothing to rule it out.

They've taken the "search only UK" one from the UK site too. ... for items to buy, and Web option when looking for general information.

The Google 'search pages from UK only' filter is still there for me.

Could even be a suicide. Unlikely, perhaps, but sounds like so far there's nothing to rule it out.

Well yes, I imagine that A&SC are treating as a murder enquiry (forensically at least), but there's nothing to say that it's murder at the moment. Could be suicide, could be an accidental death; fell over, hit their head, suffered concussion, died from hypothermia during a cold winter night. There are plenty of possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88