NM NM - Patty Pritz, 14, & Mattie Restine, 13, Carlsbad, 11 Aug 1961 - #2

Still looking for GLG....would really like to talk with her about the night Mattie and Patty were picked up....on Church St...?
Please contact me through my e-mail...

Still looking for these people "GLG" and someone who knew the person that owned the Arkie Service Station Owner or worker...they called him "Arkie"
1502 N. 8th St.
Carlsbad, NM 88220
Prop...James R. Roberts
Just wondering if this Roberts guys was the father of Linda Roberts that was one of Patty Sue Priz's friends?
Please if anyone knows these people ...please email me....

Still looking for these people "GLG" and someone who knew the person that owned the Arkie Service Station Owner or worker...they called him "Arkie"
1502 N. 8th St.
Carlsbad, NM 88220
Prop...James R. Roberts
Just wondering if this Roberts guys was the father of Linda Roberts that was one of Patty Sue Priz's friends?
Please if anyone knows these people ...please email me....

found lead on "GLG" hopefully in Portales, NM...
Bumping for Mattie and Patty.

Haven't had much luck finding GLG...do know her last name might be Reed. In Portales, NM

For new people reading this 49 yr. old unsolved case of Mattie Catherine Restine (13) and Patty Sue Pritz (14) please go to PART ONE...then continue to read through the PART TWO sectiion.

For new people reading this 49 yr. old unsolved case of Mattie Catherine Restine (13) and Patty Sue Pritz (14) please go to PART ONE...then continue to read through the PART TWO sectiion.

People please don't let this case die...Mattie and Patty were two beautful little girls that deserve JUSTICE.....
Please come forward and tell what you know...the FBI is willing to listen....but you do have to tell what you know....
If your new on the websleuths...go to Part 1 and read about Mattie and Patty's unsolved murders....then you can go to Part 2.
I can't put full names on here...but if you read...you can figure those names out.
Bumping for my sister....Mattie Catherine Restine....and Patty Sue Pritz.

people please don't let this case die...mattie and patty were two beautful little girls that deserve justice.....
Please come forward and tell what you know...the fbi is willing to listen....but you do have to tell what you know....
If your new on the websleuths...go to part 1 and read about mattie and patty's unsolved murders....then you can go to part 2.
I can't put full names on here...but if you read...you can figure those names out.
Bumping for my sister....mattie catherine restine....and patty sue pritz.

bumping for mattie catherine restine and patty sue pritz...unsolved murder cases from eddy county , carlsbad, new mexico...august 11, 1961.

bumping for mattie catherine restine and patty sue pritz...unsolved murder cases from eddy county , carlsbad, new mexico...august 11, 1961.

Bumping for Mattie and Patty's unsolved murders....killed in the Rocky Arroyo area of Eddy County, near Carlsbad, New Mexico.
Please don't stop working on this case....keep this case alive and hopefully it will be solved. Thank You...sunshine 1950...Mattie's sister.

I stumbled onto this thread by accident,I read a fair bit about the case and my heart really goes out to you and the pain your family has suffered.I don't know if this has been suggested before,but I think this story should be featured on the show America's Most Wanted. Also, maybe someone in your hometown can pursuade the media to feature this cold case in a newspaper or magazine and make sure it is distributed at retirement homes and other places where seniors gather.
Alot of colleges offer investigative training and who knows, maybe some class would take this case on and help push for answers.Hope this reply is not redundant as obviously since you are here at WS you are headed in the right direction.

I stumbled onto this thread by accident,I read a fair bit about the case and my heart really goes out to you and the pain your family has suffered.I don't know if this has been suggested before,but I think this story should be featured on the show America's Most Wanted. Also, maybe someone in your hometown can pursuade the media to feature this cold case in a newspaper or magazine and make sure it is distributed at retirement homes and other places where seniors gather.
Alot of colleges offer investigative training and who knows, maybe some class would take this case on and help push for answers.Hope this reply is not redundant as obviously since you are here at WS you are headed in the right direction.

Dotr...thanks for the comments. I appreciate all the help & information I can get. Several years ago I sent the case information to America's Most Wanted show...still haven't heard anything from them. This case was featured in the Carlsbad Current Argus in February of 2003 and on several occasions after that. A television station in Albuquerque,NM did a small segment ...I believe that was a reporter by the name of Barker.
Last year the Eddy County Sheriff's Department requested that the last investigation information be taken off the websleuths...so you haven't read the whole case information. Part 1 of this thread is really not complete...but it does give one the information that is needed to help get the case information out to the public. (This case was originally presented by Tom Beyer.) When the Current Argus did the story in 2003...I put it on the websleuths...again this was taken off. I don't know how to get this information out to the general public now...but I do appreciate how the people came forward and helped me on this website.
I will continue seeking justice for Mattie and Patty. Again thanks for the concern and for your comments.

Haven't had much luck finding GLG...do know her last name might be Reed. In Portales, NM

Just a note to let everyone know "GLG" has emailed me. Her comments weren't what I was hoping for... but at least I have heard from her. Thanks so much for the help....
I will continue to seek Justice for Mattie Restine and Patty Pritz....they deserve to have their unsolved murder cases solved. It may take me the rest of my life to solve it...but I will continue to work on their case.

Still hanging in here with you, SS. Been kinda crazy here. .

Thanks fish1966,

Hey...is there any way that I could find out who the priest's were during 1960-62? I know Father Othmer was at the St. Edward's Catholic Church in Carlsbad when my siblings...were baptized...durning 1952 thru 1958...but I don't know how long he was there. I have recieved some new informtion regarding a priest ....just wondering. And Father Othmer isn't the name I need informatiion on..(so people....please understand I'm not say he had anything to do with the girls deaths.)

Have a great Christmas.

Thanks fish1966,

Hey...is there any way that I could find out who the priest's were during 1960-62? I know Father Othmer was at the St. Edward's Catholic Church in Carlsbad when my siblings...were baptized...durning 1952 thru 1958...but I don't know how long he was there. I have recieved some new informtion regarding a priest ....just wondering. And Father Othmer isn't the name I need informatiion on..(so people....please understand I'm not say he had anything to do with the girls deaths.)

Have a great Christmas.

Bumping for Mattie Catherine Restine and Patty Sue Pritz...

I noticed that the tv show 48 hrs has been showing more coldcases..
I hope 2011 brings you the answers that are needed, to bring you peace and for justice for those young girls,Mattie and Patty.

Bumping for Mattie Catherine Restine and Patty Sue Pritz...
Hi: I have been following this story Since I Moved To Carlsbad in 75. I have read all the info I could find, But I never got to see the 2003 expose in the current anguish can you email to me.

I noticed that the tv show 48 hrs has been showing more coldcases..
I hope 2011 brings you the answers that are needed, to bring you peace and for justice for those young girls,Mattie and Patty.

I was watching Cold Case Files last night about a 20 year old murder case and I was thinking of Mattie and Patty's case. SS, have you tried to get in touch with them?

I was watching Cold Case Files last night about a 20 year old murder case and I was thinking of Mattie and Patty's case. SS, have you tried to get in touch with them?

Glad you mentioned this, Bobbi because every time I see or hear of an old case being solved, I think why not Mattie and Patty's case?

A 32 year old case was just solved in Austin. Read about it last week. Again, it made me wonder why it couldn't be this case.

Two precious little girls lost, and nothing. Being from Texas, I've read the story of the law enforcement officer, now in his 80s who has dedicated his life to finding the killer of Carla Walker, and I have to ask myself, where is the LEO in NM who has that kind of dedication to finding Mattie and Patty's murderer? If he or she is out there, he or she needs to speak up! And yes, I know, not every murder gets solved or is solvable, but that pronouncement can't be made until every last stone is turned.

Cases get solved because someone cares, plain and simple, someone who won't take no for an answer, someone who is dedicated and courageous, and willing to go many extra miles to see justice prevail or if failing that to find the answers for the victims' families.

If a person's a LEO, it should be a calling, not a time card that gets punched.
Some days it seems that who killed Mattie and Patty must be of no more importance to some in NM law enforcement than who won what sports game. Surely, this can't be. Surely there is someone out there in law enforcement who can make a difference, someone who can empathize with Anne's unending search for justice for Mattie and Patty. If Anne has become cynical, it's not Anne that's to blame! She's a victim of this terrible murder herself, and anyone in ECSO guilty of blaming Anne needs to reexamine their thoughts, and their attitude to this case.

Someone or someones are guilty of this crime. It doesn't matter if they are still living or are now dead. Someone knows who committed this crime. It is still your job, NM LEOs to find out who that person or those persons are, and get them to tell what they know. And if you don't think it's your job, if you don't give a damn, then get off the force. You know if this applies to you. Also, please know I CAN understand if you originally became a LEO thinking you could make a difference, and time and bureaucracy have gotten in the way of that, but you really can't afford to let it color who you are now or depression will be your only outcome. I also know you are overworked and underpaid, and while that's true, it's not an excuse. My hope for 2011 is that LEOs will recognize the difference between criminals and victims' families and treat them differently. This I ask at the very least.

Murder never goes away, so neither should the remaining living victims of a crime, nor should they be blamed for asking what's being done to solve their case.

It's also not enough to say this case has been turned over to VICAP. Where's the proof of that, the letter to them, and their acknowledgment that they received it. Show Anne the proof that VICAP is working on this case.

Thanks fish1966,

Have a great Christmas.

Have you tried contacting the rectory for St. Edwards to ask who was there as priests in 60-62?

hth and as always, keeping your sisters case in my prayers.

Cubby

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie