Identified! UT - Salt Lake City, Body in Red Butte Creek, Jun'10 - Douglas Nelson

I have hiked that canyon. I just have a feeling it is her.

Me too Dr. When I read they would not give out a description of the clothing found with the body ...well I don't know, I just think it is Susan. They would also be able to tell if it was male or female just from the clothing found, imo

What's that sound I hear? Running? North? Towards Canada?

Seriously, I don't know SLC very well. Is it feasible for him to have driving to this place and dumped her upstream? Near a dam, is it? Anyone from the area who could shed some light on this development?

Wouldn't this be a lousy, yet sweet father's day present for Chuck Cox?

Sure hope boarder patrol were the first ones called. I just bet this is her :-((
That would be haunting if she showed up on Father's Day -- whose says you can't speak from the grave!
I believe in :angel:'s --- so I actually mean that seriously - from a spiritual standpoint.

It sure seems weird that Fox News did not even discuss the body being recovered during their news at 9 pm. Their last report was when the foot was seen and they were planning to recover the body. The body was recovered at 5:30 pm. Whether this is Susan Powell or somebody else - I would think finding body while trying to flush out an oil spill would have made the news tonight.

Original.jpg

Here is a picture of what looks to be the recovered body. http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...m-Red-Butte-Creek/eEJ8vpR4y0ycWbc43KuM1g.cspx

It always seems someone somewhere is finding a body along the Wasatch front. We have so many little canyons, water ways, fields, wooded areas, we have a large homeless population. However where this body was located is not anywhere near the homeless shelter or where the homeless usually hang out.

It could be someone that wasn't reported missing, could be someone from another state who was reported missing in that state, it could be Susan.

The possibilities are endless at this point in the story.

She has been missing 7 months and at least 4 of those months were freezing winter so I bet it could be her with the decomp they describe.

20 miles from her house, she could have just been thrown down the hill side or placed in the brush along the creek in the canyon.

This... is odd. It makes me a bit sick... because I have been saying it might happen.

When we started flooding I said, "Josh better hope he didn't put Susan in any of these reservoirs or rivers...because when they open the dams and those rivers flood she is going to come out with the water. When dumping a body a killer wouldn't consider flooding months later... I sure hope no bodies wash into someone's backyard."

Then this happens and I instantly feel sick. Without the flooding and opening the dam... this wouldn't have been flushed out. :sick:

I don't think it's Susan Powell. But, it is still creepy.

I will see what I see when I drive by when we go to our doctor's appointment in that area this week. If they are still working in the area or anything.

It always seems someone somewhere is finding a body along the Wasatch front. We have so many little canyons, water ways, fields, wooded areas, we have a large homeless population. However where this body was located is not anywhere near the homeless shelter or where the homeless usually hang out.

It could be someone that wasn't reported missing, could be someone from another state who was reported missing in that state, it could be Susan.

The possibilities are endless at this point in the story.

University of Utah police and Salt Lake City fire crews set up a rig to clear more brush and were able to recover most of a body after several hours of work.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700041885/Human-remains-found-near-Red-Butte.html

I have to wonder what "most of a body" means? If someone intentionally eliminated the most identifying features like teeth and fingers. Or if it was just simply natural elements doing damage.

If there is not teeth, they will have to wait for DNA for sure to identify the body at all...if it's skeletal that could take a while...

She has been missing 7 months and at least 4 of those months were freezing winter so I bet it could be her with the decomp they describe.

20 miles from her house, she could have just been thrown down the hill side or placed in the brush along the creek in the canyon.

I think it could be Susan for the very same reasons. Dr.Fessel.

Police said the body was badly decomposed but most of the body was intact. At this time officials believe the gender is male.

http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/sto...m-Red-Butte-Creek/eEJ8vpR4y0ycWbc43KuM1g.cspx

I really don't think it's her...even if they are wrong and it is a woman. I really believe that she is further away. I think that the mine shaft scenario is entirely possible.

If this search gets canceled however, then I will be suspicious that something has been found.

"The training is for the continued search of Susan Powell who disappeared in December.

The search will go from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Utah west desert next Saturday."

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/st...weekend-for-Susan/sE8RgoLERE-ItaM9yPjn7w.cspx

Ok I am very very new at this but I am curious if anyone thinks this could be Douglas Nelson who has been missing since I believe August. I am really just trying to find some information on him as he is my neighbors cousin. I don't know much other then he went missing in the Salt Lake area last August after leaving a hospital.

I was so hoping it was Susan! I wonder if they would put out wrong info to keep Josh from running?

On the local nbc news at noon they were still saying it could be male or female.

I was hoping it would be Susan, but regardless of if it's her or someone else, a family somewhere can have some answers.

VB

It sure seems weird that Fox News did not even discuss the body being recovered during their news at 9 pm. Their last report was when the foot was seen and they were planning to recover the body. The body was recovered at 5:30 pm. Whether this is Susan Powell or somebody else - I would think finding body while trying to flush out an oil spill would have made the news tonight.

IMO this story seems more low-key than the normal around here, it makes me wonder if the news stations have been asked to keep things on the quiet side until they're able to determin more.

Prayers go out to the worker who found the body, I'm grateful the person was found but know what a tramatic thing this was also.

VB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back