OH - The curious matter of the bodiless heart

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
NYT:

Has Murder Come to Town? This Heart Tells No Tales

Homicides are hardly common in Norwalk, Ohio, a community of about 17,000 near Lake Erie known as the Maple City. For years there were none, officials said, and last year the Police Department investigated only one. But all agree they have seen nothing like the latest possible case, which has stumped the authorities for three weeks: the curious matter of the bodiless heart.
the rest at link above

I get really excited when I get the chance to browse 'New Posts' and discover one of your threads, wfgodot.

I don't know for sure, but the heart looks suspiciously like a beef heart. I used to buy them, six at a time, from my local butcher (and freeze them individually in zip-lock bags!), to practise my dissection skills for MedSci I. My dog was most grateful for the results :yuck:

kfvs12.com:

Police investigating if mystery Norwalk heart belonged to PA woman

Sgt. Jim Fulton says a police officer from nearby Pittsburgh saw news reports on the heart and called to tell the Norwalk police that they are investigating the case where they only have the victim's embalmed head. Fulton says that, if it is discovered the heart was embalmed, they will get back in touch with the Pennsylvania officer.

WS: PA - Beaver Co., WhtFem Head UP13338, 40-80, embalmed, gray hair, Dec'14

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back