2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way JB can prove his OS is by one of two things:

1) ICA testifies -- not smart due to her lies

2) Have someone else testify to the molestation i.e., LA/GA saying they did it OR LA/GA testify they walked in on the other in the act....which would eliminate ICA taking the stand & save her from LDB!

What if JB thought he had it made when CA decided to take the blame for the computer searches & ladder? Then, CA made LA jump on board in an effort to save his sister.....but he can't bring himself to say it....can't lie per mommy's instructions.....so they're back to square one....and #1 above.

IMO, since I watched the 'pointing video' of CA, GA has had a different demeanor about him...yes, they're still close but I sense something! It's almost as if something is bothering him....CA helping DT maybe. I don't think GA is going along with CA and will lie....maybe LA heard this conversation of CA trying to convince GA to admit to it...which prompted LA to say, I'll do it...then couldn't, hence the crying... Your thoughts?

Sorry if I talk in circles, slept late, only 1 cup of coffee. :coffeews:

I only had 4 hours of sleep last night, so maybe I am thinking in circles along with you, but your post sounds very likely.

Listening to this whole thing, I am getting the feeling that JB has resigned. I think when JA made a fuss about the "new" evidence. JB has made this mistake over and over again. I think this info would help to prove there was no cholorform in the trunk and the jury hearing this could save her from the DP. JB wants it in and is willing to take the bullet for the mishap so that the judge does not punish KC. So JA is staying to take the deposition of the new info and as punishement, JB is down as lead attorney to avoid further contemp charges and public reprimand. The conversation was ex-parte was the judge and the DT informing KC of the situation.

Court recessed so that CM could prepare for the testimony on Monday of witness JB was suppose to call to the stand. :twocents:

Really?

I really don't think JB even knows that he is messing up. I also don't think JB would ever try to step down, he is working on that position with Telemundo after all, lol! With that said, he cannot just resign. There would have to be some really great reasons for the Judge to sign off on that Court Order. Not just that JB realizes his is incompetent.

They are not supposed to be discussing the case between themselves at all. If they were and laughing it up about the case it would be violation of JP's admonitions and be cause for a mistrial (which I guess would be a good siggn for the DT) So if they were laughing it up it probably had nothing to do with the case at all.

They were probably laughing along with HHJP over something kind and sweet that HHJP said to them. He's very thoughtful over this jury and keenly aware that this meant another day longer for them before they can go home to their families. I am guessing he was mentioning some possibilities of outings or special dinners or whatever he could arrange for them this weekend to ease some of the stress.

1. Rodriquez issue
2. Defense Table Issue
3. Issue regarding Kronk's phone trace
4. Issue regarding how JA knew LA had met with Baez
5. Misconduct any of which could be issue
Judicial Bias, Some claim against SA, Rodriquez issue, witness tampering
6. Plea deal
7. Jury Issue

The fact that LKB did not blurt it out this morning means it is something that happened suddenly and she didn't know about it is my guess.

All just my guesses of what it could be and it will be investigated over the weekend.

1. JP said not Rodruquez issue. Plus, unless it involved a matter of national security, jp could not seal the transcript or exclude the SA.
3 -6. Could not exclude SA or seal transcript.
7. Could not exclude SA.

1. Rodriquez issue
2. Defense Table Issue
3. Issue regarding Kronk's phone trace
4. Issue regarding how JA knew LA had met with Baez
5. Misconduct any of which could be issue
Judicial Bias, Some claim against SA, Rodriquez issue, witness tampering
6. Plea deal
7. Jury Issue

The fact that LKB did not blurt it out this morning means it is something that happened suddenly and she didn't know about it is my guess.

All just my guesses of what it could be and it will be investigated over the weekend.
Your list gave me a "light bulb".

Your #1 - the Rodriguez issue. We know the wiki entry was edited to say that Dr. Rodriguez was a co-founder of the Body Farm. Then it was edited back out. It was said that the actual members of the Body Farm were "concerned" that this rodriguez guy was claiming that. What if Rodriguez satates that the Body Farm ruse was all JB's idea? Say Rodriguez swore to it in a depo under oath - told what JB said to him, etc. etc.

Would that cause court to be shut down until Monday and why?

Yeah I found that interesting. Would he need to cover his butt if something wasn't going on with him?

I also thought it was interesting, he should be looking at evidence..etc to help his client. Instead he is watching HLN?

Yes this seems to be where they are getting their information from about how well they are doing, I often wonder if they realize that at least 90% of people just aren't buying what they are selling.
Presumably IS are stroking his ego for when the verdict is read, BOMBSHELL!!! KC IS GUILTY....then they can milk it even more on the whys and wherefores of what went wrong. Makes me sick that attorneys connected with a DP case are allowed to try their case behind the scenes with the aid of the media.

In a way, I think a mistrial would be the best thing at this point. Baez has messed up so badly that a guilty verdict would probably be set aside via appeal. They are going to have to start all over again one way or another.

Baez should go (bow out or be booted) and competent, non-obstinate counsel should represent Casey. They would probably finish sooner if they start over with new defense counsel than if Baez is allowed to continue. This pace and the errors and his lack of ability to even phrase a question without a sustained objection impedes the "best defense under the law" right of the defendant. And believe me, I am not a member of her fan club...

This trial isn't heading toward "justice" - it's a train wreck. It's just wrong for it to continue to proceed (if that word even applies to the defense case) in this manner. JMO.

JVM just suggested that what if the defense told JP that GA was going to testify he DID abuse Casey...and the state insisted on deposing and/or charging him with perjury today? I don't think this is the case, but I could see the logic, sort of...

I don't think the jury would buy it now though. The ship has sailed for that, unless LA is going to step up and say his dad is lying he saw him do it. Even then I don't think the jury would buy it.

Or could it be that CM wants to take over as lead counsel and JB is refusing to step down?

My shih tzu is behaving similarly today as well! Hmmm.. ;)

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but IMO it is possible that ICA may have tested the chloroform on CA's dogs. Even if CA suspected and did similar searches (although I still feel that she was at work the whole time and lied on the stand), IMO, ICA would have done the specific searches for "How to make choloform". IMO, If ICA had been testing the choloform on the dogs, then the duct tape would have been put on Caylee 'just to make sure' she succeeded in quieting her/killing her.

Speaking of dogs.... this video clip is hilarious...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKmPW3e5fMQ&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - ‪Casey Anthony Eyewitness‬‏[/ame]

I haven't read up yet so I'm not sure what the general speculation is, but I just watched the tape and I'm inclined to think it's that CM is getting out. I have local sources that say that CM may be pretty ill and he certainly didn't look good at the beginning of the session. He was the one that initated the meeting and the first group to meet was the judge and the entire DT including ICA. Then they all came out and CM stood and talked to the SA team in a circle. ICA looked upset when she sat down and briefly wiped her eyes (as if she was frushtrated?) and then they all went back in to meet together, DT and SA together. Then the attorneys stayed in while ICA sat outside with DS. She did not look upset, but she didn't look happy. After the meeting, JB and DS were talking to each other over ICA and ICA leaned back to talk to CM. When court was adjourned, DS went over to talk to JA and LDB right before the footage fades. After the meetings, CM basically looked disengaged in other words. If indeed he is ill and the pace of this trial is proving too much or his doctor told him he cannot continue, it may have thrown a wrench in how the DT will close or even perhaps if and how they maintain their DP qualified status. (On a side note, some TH's were talking this morning about how odd it was that JB, who is not DP qualified, had put in so much mug time when he has perfectly DP qualified attorneys on his team. At the time I thought it was perhaps yet another sleazy ploy for an appeal for a mistrial or could be set by the defendant as an appealable issue later in that the bulk of direct and cross had been done by someone eminently inexperienced. But perhaps it was simply because CM has not felt very well for the last few weeks.) Just a thought. I really didn't get the picture that ICA was entering a plea. And if she were, would she have really sat outside looking mildly upset and bored for the meeting between HHJP and the state and her DT?

Don't ya just hate it when you have to eat crow?

Jolted up in bed at 9:50 this morning.
Poured cuppa and literally ran through the kitchen while stirring in the creamer, to get outside to the little room where I have my computer.
All the while exclaiming, quite loudly: "There's a full day in court today and you didn't wake me? You let me sleep this late? You just didn't want to have to hear JB's voice all day and did this on purpose!"

Hubby had that blank look on his face, not understanding at all why I am so flustered at sleeping in.

I get to the computer and to this thread, and after reading some the posts, I now know there is no court today.
Only thing I don't know is exactly WHY!

First: I want to thank all of you for contributing all you did on this thread to get me caught up with today's events. If I had to only rely on the THs, I would have been so confused earlyon that I would have walked away and just waited for the verdict.

Second: I now have to go inside and apologize to hubby for running through the kitchen, yelling at him, sounding like a crazed woman.

I am having large family gathering today...... daughter's 35th birthday today......so I won't be able to be online unless I sneak it. Too much prep still to do, too much cooking still to be done.
So please keep up the fantastic work you all are doing in keeping this thread going with opinions, ideas, clues, links and pics. At the end of the day it's the ONLY way I'll know what's really going on.
I CAN'T THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH!

Or could it be that CM wants to take over as lead counsel and JB is refusing to step down?

that is also another possibility...CM told the judge JB is being unethical/witness tampering...to force JB to step down...JMHO

I measured from the floor to the bottom of the handle on my sliding glass door and it measures 36".

CayleeSldgDr.jpg

The little girl in this image would be 34"-35" tall. How tall was Caylee?

I believe the autopsy report lists Caylee as having an estimated height of approximately between 35-37 inches. That would seem to fit the height estimates of the child in the patio door pic. :guitar:

CM asks for a sidebar when there is no jury present to hear, then ICA and her defense team go into a back room and CM is heard raising his voice. After court is dismissed for the day, we hear reports of JB going on some talk show giving his dp credentials.

I'm gonna go ahead and say CM is either out, or wants out.

In a way, I think a mistrial would be the best thing at this point. Baez has messed up so badly that a guilty verdict would probably be set aside via appeal. They are going to have to start all over again one way or another.

Baez should go (bow out or be booted) and competent, non-obstinate counsel should represent Casey. They would probably finish sooner if they start over with new defense counsel than if Baez is allowed to continue. This pace and the errors and his lack of ability to even phrase a question without a sustained objection impedes the "best defense under the law" right of the defendant. And believe me, I am not a member of her fan club...

This trial isn't heading toward "justice" - it's a train wreck. It's just wrong for it to continue to proceed (if that word even applies to the defense case) in this manner. JMO.

Agreed. I think HHJP has done a fantastic job of trying to remain on track and to prevent any appeal issues, etc...but this DT (Baez, specifically) is impossible to deal with, IMO. Could HHJP declare a mistrial, boot Baez and appoint her a PD to assure she has adequate representation? I do hope CM has decided to put his foot down regarding all of this nonsense and can turn this around...somehow. I just don't know.

My head is spinning today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members