Evidence subject to Frye - *UPDATED* 2011.05.09 (ATTN: ALL ORDERS IN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so their efforts to have ALL the relevant evidence thrown out have been foiled. NOW will they realize they have nothing? They cannot hide her guilt from anyone at this point. All of their lies are crystal clear now as well. No "aha" moment, no soddi, no disingenuous tricks - just the truth. Bet ICA's demeanor will deteriorate now. This really sealed her fate imo. Bad day for Geraldo and Jane Cesarez I guess.

:rocker:

BBM: Yes ... especially after Geraldo's recent "noise" about going to Orlando "to raise some hell". And as to Jean Cesarez, she really needs to stop the flip-flopping ...

This is terrific news. I am glad the jury will get to weigh these things for themselves.

Kudos and a HUGE THANK YOU!!! to lauriej and Aedrys for keeping vigil at the OC clerk's website and bringing us this news fasssstttt!!!

Love,
from all of your WS friends! :heartbeat: :blowkiss:

:yourock: x 2

Okay, it is almost 5pm at the clerks office. Is there going to be another addition to the case file now? Do the big one at closing time!

Great news! The stain would be enough to convince me but I agree the death baning seals her guilt.

In a sane world, isn't this the point the DT should start begging for a plea deal?

I know we're not at the Sidebar, but one of the perks of being a mod is we can break out the champagne for a special occassion even on a "dry" thread. Well, just this once. :angel:

So, CHEERS EVERYONE!!!

champagne.jpg

I was really concerned about the heart sticker making it into trial. I wonder if the defense perhaps tipped the scale with their lies and mis-truths while arguing these motions?

I know we're not at the Sidebar, but one of the perks of being a mod is we can break out the champagne for a special occassion even on a "dry" thread. Well, just this once. :angel:

So, CHEERS EVERYONE!!!

champagne.jpg

Woohoo!!!!!!!
I'm feeling very bubbly!!!!

So, CHEERS EVERYONE!!!

champagne.jpg
Cheers, Beach!

I know what you mean, Sots. I am holding out hope though. It could mean a lot of things. Maybe he wanted to release those he knew how he was going to rule on and is still researching and making sure he makes the right call....whichever way it goes. I want it in, but I am okay if it is not. I trust his judgement completely.

Holding out hope....

Beach ITA...but knowing how and thorough HHJBP is a comfort because without a doubt there will be no room left for any error, or appellate issues down the line. Now way for the DT to CRY FOUL.

I hope I am wrong....but me thinks that the chloroform / air samples will be out. Reading between the lines here.....the other orders are in but the chloroform is not....

I sense something here.

I tend to agree with you. This is one of those times, I hope we are wrong. :)

You know, I really, really, really want the air sampling evidence to be admitted and I just LOVE Dr. Vass. However, if it will cause an overturning of the verdict or a mistrial, I think Judge Perry has given the jury enough. What does the defense have left? There's no nanny, no squirrel, no pizza, no garbage - what on earth are they going to do to defend ICA??

The heart sticker bothers me a little bit. I can not imagine Casey placing the sticker on the duct tape as a sign of remorse for taking her life, but the defense could always spin it that way if they were going for the accidental death? I always thought that the heart sticker was Casey's way of saying much like what she said in the jail letters... that she is relieved that Caylee is no longer there so she would never have to have her heart broken... almost a crytic message... like... "I loved you... but you should have kept your mouth shut!"

I don't know?

I see where you are coming from Lola. I think the sticker indicates premeditation though. Hush, kisses....goodbye

No accident comes equipped with a sticker..........

I know what you mean, Sots. I am holding out hope though. It could mean a lot of things. Maybe he wanted to release those he knew how he was going to rule on and is still researching and making sure he makes the right call....whichever way it goes. I want it in, but I am okay if it is not. I trust his judgement completely.

Holding out hope....

All of these were law 101 to begin with. The dogs weren't a Frye issue. The only was that wasn't coming in was if they could show the dogs/handlers were unreliable or something wrong done in the examination. The hair banding was Frye but scientifically accepted. Ask Dr. Baden. LKB knew it and what points will have to be made during trial. HHJP used very simple to understand examples for why the witness sticker evidence can come in, again not Frye material and I'm sure the defense knew all of it was going to be denied anyway but they have to make a point of trying. Imo it really is as simple as RH has been saying since day 32? This case should have been pled out very early on. If you think about it most of this evidence would have never been brought out had Casey copped to an accident or something early on because these expensive tests, investigation and experts may not have been hired. We know JB is in it for himself. For the DP qualification status. I feel the prosecution is on the right track completely because had Casey copped to an accident she would have had to have led to the body. Couldn't come up with a good excuse for the duct tape and dumping her child like trash? Only Casey knows how she died.

ETA: Sorry, forgot to say just the decomp air samples are new precedent and most likely not coming in imo.

So, CHEERS EVERYONE!!!

champagne.jpg

Thanks Beach!!!

SALUTE!!!!!

large_Cheers_14134.png

:praying:

I "think" that HHJP is going to allow the air sample/decomp smell in based on:

Dr. Vass' expertise and his testimony that his assistant jumped 2 feet when he smelled the "smell" ...

"It smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car" ... the ONLY TRUE statement EVER MADE by Ms Cindy ...

CA's 9-1-1 call is IN ... so hopefully HHJP will put the "icing on the cake" by allowing expert testimony on decomp smell !

You know, I really, really, really want the air sampling evidence to be admitted and I just LOVE Dr. Vass. However, if it will cause an overturning of the verdict or a mistrial, I think Judge Perry has given the jury enough. What does the defense have left? There's no nanny, no squirrel, no pizza, no garbage - what on earth are they going to do to defend ICA??

ACT LIKE NERO........:boohoo: WHILE ICA...........:furious:

Let's stay on topic of this thread and kindly leave Geraldo out of the discussion. This post lands at random.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member