GUILTY FL - Jerry Perdomo, 31, Orange City, 16 February 2012

whiskey.tango.foxtrot.

these guys made reports to the police in January about putting each other in the woodchipper and cutting hands off, etc? And the father knows where the body is too?

oh.my.

BBM

I love this phrase...may I borrow it some time? :please:

Maine murder suspect owed slain FL firefighter $3,000

"Jerry Perdomo, a Seminole County firefighter and married father of two, disappeared in Maine on Feb. 16. A police investigation began three days later, after a woman described as Perdomo's girlfriend told police in Bangor that she last saw him Feb. 16 with a handgun and that he told her he was going to meet someone who owed him money."

Sorry if this is a repeat.

It sounds as if the game of pool was really a game of 'chicken' ....fueled by unpaid debts, held secrets, intimidation and greed.

Poor Jerry was not on his home turf.....mistake number one?

Honestly, this is the stuff Quentin Tarentino movies are made of...........or the Cohen Brothers.

"Jerry Perdomo, a Seminole County firefighter and married father of two, disappeared in Maine on Feb. 16. A police investigation began three days later, after a woman described as Perdomo's girlfriend told police in Bangor that she last saw him Feb. 16 with a handgun and that he told her he was going to meet someone who owed him money."

My how things change. She started out saying he left to "go visit a friend" before he came back to take her to dinner. Now she admits to the gun and reason for the "visit".

hang on while I move us over to the located forum....

This is soooo O/T...but whenever I see your avatar, Nursie, it reminds me of Flo on Progressive Insurance. Do you really look like Flo?:waitasec:

(Flo is cute and perky, so this is a complement!)

Here's an interesting article about the street value on precription painkillers. The profit in it is huge, nevermind what he may have been paid just to run up and down the East coast. I personally don't believe the money is worth it, but I'm not everybody....

http://money.cnn.com/2011/06/01/news/economy/prescription_drug_abuse/index.htm

OMG, I never realized that went for that much on the streets. I have had several surguries over the last few years and had RXs for most of those listed one time or another. Never would I have dream that had that type of value sitting in my cabinet....should have them in a safe.

If it is true that JP was making this trip once a month it sounds like when he went up there he dropped off more pills and at the same time picked up the money from the previous trip's delivery. Could be that DP had $5,000 to buy that car because he made $2,000 for himself selling the pills that JP sold him for $3,000.

Regarding the alleged prescription drug dealing angle, and considering he's a first responder, I have to wonder if Jerry was getting his supply from a 'medical professional' he was, er, in cahoots with/met through his work/was introduced to through his work. Like someone that works in a hospital setting/pharmacist/doctor/tech. It would make it more likely that he could have more 'product' on hand...

Here's an article similar to what I'm talking about.

http://www.wpri.com/dpp/target_12/charged-hospital-tech-looking-for-deal

.....and perhaps an even more relevant article about FLorida being the home of oxycodone "pill mills" (never heard that term before!)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jun/09/us-drugs-oxycodone-painkillers-florida

You would have heard that term if you were from FL...LOL!

But seriously FL is trying curb this type of thing. Pain clinics rules for dispensing have charged. Some doctors have been arrested recently and just in the last few weeks one of the nation drug store chains here stop filling RXs from certain doctors who prescribe high volumes of pain pills.

But seriously FL is trying curb this type of thing. Pain clinics rules for dispensing have charged. Some doctors have been arrested recently and just in the last few weeks one of the nation drug store chains here stop filling RXs from certain doctors who prescribe high volumes of pain pills.

There is so much money being made in these pill mills and corruption because of that money. Look at this article that says it took 5 years to shut them down.

Apparently, Drs. Stringer and Chambers -- who operated clinics under the moniker "New Hope" -- had been under investigation for five years. Law enforcement officials first became suspicious of the doctors after prescription overdose deaths had been connected with their clinic. A review of pharmacy records showed that the New Hope clinics were responisible for prescribing 190,000 pain pills over a three month period. Although severa pain medications were prescribed, oxycodone was by far the most frequent. As I have written previously, Florida pain clinics are some of the nation's largest prescribers of oxycodone.

http://www.cullen-law.com/blog/crac...nd-seminole-county-pill-mill-pain-clinics.cfm

Look at the violence and criminal activity between these two guys, then think how much more violence, criminal activity and possible deaths resulted as these pills moved to the end users. People destroyed, families destroyed all because a guy saw some quick money and a way to pay for his jaunts to his girlfriend's home.

As i posted yesterday its all very sad to see it confirmed that the end was tragic just like many of us thought... So while making it no less tragic it is however refreshing to see a case come to resolution and closure for the famiy...

I am extremely impressed with this LE and have a renewed hope and faith that this same agency of LE that is currently handling precious Ayla Reynolds case as well...
just further confirmation that this agency willbring closure and justice for Ayla and her loved ones... The DiPietros should be worried...

Yes..McCausland has been busy these last months!

I, too, found LE's handling of this case efficient and effective!

LOL - :floorlaugh:, but true. Florida is the starting gate of the pill mill pipeline on a lot of the east coast. Several states pressured Florida to change things (like you said) to help reduce the amount of drugs originating from there.

http://www.treatmentsolutionsnetwork.com/blog/index.php/2011/06/06/floridas-new-pill-mill-law/

The dog who led authorities directly to a body off Dahlia Rd in Newburgh, ME that is believed to be Perdomo(no positive ID yet).. The property that the body was found is said to belong to the Porter family..
Am2PIuLCIAA2B3z.jpg

http://t.co/eqC0SZzv

Now THIS is a man (?) with a badge that I can respect!

These dogs are such wonderful creatures! :beagle: :wolf:

ubm

My guess is Porter didn't have the $$$..He stole that $5000 off Jerry before he dumped his body..If Porter owed him $$$ others in Maine probably did too & Jerry had collected it along with maybe selling more pills for cash prior to meeting with Porter later that 'fateful' night.

And...Porter may have been "generously" sharing the pills with gf, family, friends, HIMSELF, so that the "cash drawer didn't balance".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back