WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #20

Christopher Scott Wilson was only charged with Suspicion of 2nd Degree Murder

bbm

Why haven't we seen it put this same way on any of the media sites? And should we be worried if it turns out to be accurate?

Actually he has only been arrested on suspicion, not yet charged.

I am thinking the "main" reason for the rush to "assume" his sexuality when IMO there has been nothing that pointed to what his preference was[and does it really matter? no], but I think the "main" reason is that this guy was in "beauty school", cosmetology school. And being a Hairstylist for the past 13 yrs I am well aware of the "assumptions" that are made about ALL males that choose this profession...[and FWIW in this day and age there are just as many heterosexual men in the salon biz as there are homosexual men, just thought I'd put that out there]

Years ago, my hair stylist was male. He cut my hair consistently for five years and for those five years I assumed he was gay. It did not matter to me because I liked the way he cut my hair. He moved and I had to get another stylist.

Three years ago I saw him downtown, with his wife of fifteen years. Outside appearances are very deceiving. Not gay and I had no idea.

Of course Wilson may be sleuthed now that he has been arrested.

However, it is NOT okay to sleuth nearby, innocent parties, such as his family or friends.

I've already had to remove 7 or 8 posts in the last thread because of rumors and because photos were posted without links.

If you're going to post--and we really want you to!--you have to be sure that what you are posting is fact. There is to be no spreading or perpetuating rumors, and no posting pics without a link.

That's how innocents get dragged into this: by posting a pic or link and saying, "I wonder if this is him?"

Thanks,

Hoppy
mod
I think the LE news conference, this morning, on the Christopher Wilson arrest is going to be open to the public because of what Go Lake Chelan wrote:http://www.golakechelan.com/
In any event, they say it will be live, they hope, over the computer.A press conference has been scheduled for 10:30 AM on October 7th at the Wenatchee Convention Center, located at 121 N. Wenatchee Avenue (Parking available on behind the convention center on Columbia Street). If it is open to the public, I hope one of "us" can attend.
NOTE: GoLakeChelan will attend the Press Conference tomorrow.
Our intentions will be to VIDEO BROADCAST THE EVENT LIVE ON-LINE

I cannot find anything definitive either way on his sexuality. He doesn't appear to have a personal my space. Did anyone else find it anywhere? I don't want to stereotype...my gay brother would get mad at me. He fits none of the gay stereotypes and I constantly hear "but your brother works on cars and has no fashion sense! How can he be gay?!"

Personally, my first thought when I found out who had been arrested was "this could still almost fit in with the theory that it was a female killer."

Because what would the motive for a female killing her be? Jealousy? A man? Jealousy over a man?

The same motive would apply for why a gay man would murder a woman...and not sexually assault her if that wasn't the motive.

Even if the victim wasn't dating someone or trying to "steal their man." That doesn't mean someone didn't see it that way. We've seen that all too often..the motive being a "perceived" issue that didn't actually exist. A rejection that someone simply blames on the victim even if they have nothing to do with it.

That was just the way my oddly wired brain thought of it.

I was wrong to express any "opinion" about the suspect's sexual orientation.The hypothesis, above, might well be true, but, is a hypothesis only, lacking any factual base.

I guess I just don't understand why his sexual preference is such a big deal. Whether he is gay or not, if he did do this, he's an animal, bottom line...IMO of course.

Twitterhttp://www..com/2010/10/06/christopher-scott-wilson-arrested-in-mackenzie-cowell-mur
Check out: Steve Hair or Hair555 on Twitter. It came up for me Twittersearching "Christopher Scott Wilson" Don't miss the photos. Some are interesting. Most are gross.
http://www..com/2010/10/06/christopher-scott-wilson-arrested-in-mackenzie-cowell-murder-case/ if you scroll down, there are "archives" which appear to be written by the suspect. the links open.

Its been deleted...you can find the phtots on the dirty snatch site

Here is some info reported very recently from the following site:

http://www.kval.com/news/national/104495859.html

According to court documents, Wilson was interviewed twice about Cowell's disappearance, but said he never interacted with her and did not know who killed her.

Police said she had been fatally beaten, stabbed and strangled, and an autopsy report concluded that someone tried to cut off her arm after she was dead.

However, other students at the school told investigators that they saw Wilson speaking with Cowell and that he told them he thought Cowell was "hot," the documents said.

When confronted with the DNA evidence during an interview with police on Wednesday, Wilson asked for a lawyer and was arrested.

The documents filed in court Tuesday indicate that several people had concerns about Wilson:

- One friend wrote a letter to police in August claiming Wilson had an "obsession with death, dead bodies and serial killers" and had once tried to choke a female friend.

- Another woman called police and said she worked with Wilson previously and that he told her he killed a guest at a hotel where he worked several years ago by strangling her with a belt, according to the court documents. Police wrote that they were not able to confirm the killing occured.

- A woman who was a student at the Academy of Hair Design with Wilson said that Wilson told her he "liked to cut people up" when he was working at funeral homes. Investigators said Wilson worked at several funeral homes in the Wenatchee area.

When detectives searched Wilson's home they found blood in a basement stairwell, but it was not clear to whom the blood belonged.

In court on Thursday Wilson said he could not afford an attorney and was appointed a public defender. His lawyer did not challenge the bail request from prosecutors, who said Wilson is a "potential threat" to the community despite his lack of criminal history

What a great surprise to see the news this morning! Finally justice for MacKenzie.

I follow this case from outside check in every once awhile. Thanks for the updates.
This great news.

Do you suppose he was the one that was rumored to be seen with her at a car wash??? Was this ever confirmed?

It would be a bit odd if he was attracted to her and she rejected him...that he would not assault her once having control of her. I was looking for a logical explanation for that.

The only other logical reason I can think of is if his motive was the brutality aspect itself.

I think he wasn't on the list of suspects because nobody found these pictures. I don't think he appeared to be normal to many who knew him in real life. If someone tells me they enjoyed cutting up bodies...they don't appear normal to me. And I am VERY open minded.

He absolutely would have been a suspect had anyone found this stuff sooner. :twocents:

If someone takes offence to what I am about to say, I apologize. I did not see one thing on his fb page that indicated a sexual preference. In addition, the evidence we have at this point does not indicate the suspect(s) sexual orientation.

The fact is there are millions of people that look, act, and have art preferences that are similar to our suspects. If you were to go to the mall, you would see dozens of boys who look just like him and you would not be able to tell their sexual orientation. The focus should be on the suspect and not labeling him. When you label someone, you place everyone who looks like him in the same category. There are hundreds of nice people who look just like our suspect.

If you look at all of the evidence and suspects we have logged, you will notice that he was not on the list? Why? The reason he was not is because he appeared to be a normal person. He appeared to be normal to us, his friends, his family, and even MC’s friends. If a suspect had not been named, he would still be just some guy…. Even now some of his friends think he is innocent.

While I am not gay, I have friends that are and I don’t like the fact that we can look at someone and say he is gay. If he was gay would it matter?

possible dismemberment? Ugh.

How soon will media post the affivdavit(s) supplied to them by LE? This sounds to be even uglier than imagined.

Can't fathom what that poor girl went thru.

More from the PC:

That piece of duct tape is the one thing they had to tie to Wilson.

Phone calls/texts from Mac phone's COULD have originated from 404 Chelan, not the boat launch.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back