TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would hearing an ATV really be unusual enough to even register in this area?

Surely, if he had heard an ATV (or a vehicle), he would have told the police. There has been no mention of this in any news story.
I don't think he heard it. The police are saying to look for excessive cleaning of an ATV or car. There has to be reason for that.

Hello all, I live in Midle TN an hour or so east of the area of focus.

I have been tracking this for a few days and have a few thoughts I would like to run by some sleuthing minds.

I think the perp has known Holly for a few months and is not a stranger. I think the perp is local and unemployed. He has participated in the searches. His level of fear is dependent on where the searches are located in relation to Holly's location.

I am confused by why the perp would lead her to the woods if the intent was to go some distance. The woods quickly turn into fields or cross roads. If a neighbor heard her scream, I think he took her south of the house. I think the scream was from an assualt on her. I think it is very possible that she died less than an hour from the abduction and her body is in nearby water. I truely hope otherwise.

On the other hand, if a car was involved, she could be alive. Finding her items a few miles from the abduction would indicate a car was involved. However, it could be involved without Holly being in the car.

I hope and pray for the best outcome but these are my thoughts.

I don't think he heard it. The police are saying to look for excessive cleaning of an ATV or car. There has to be reason for that.

Reason might be, they can't find her so think there must have been a vehicle in or near woods...plus the distance of the lunch box...

I am just waking up again, but I don't remember there being blood on the tape, just hair?
I think the poster was referring to blood found in carport and a piece of duct tape found with blond hair. Two separate things. imo

The news media (and they could be wrong) has stated her brother saw H being pulled away by the arm - no indication she was carried.

Wouldn't noise of an ATV starting up alert the brother?

He'd of had to of started it out in the woods. We have several ATV's & you'd not hear any of them take off if someone never revved the engines before taking off.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo-reward-tripled-75000/story?id=13397819

The governor of Tennessee today tripled the reward to $75,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of whoever abducted missing Tennessee woman Holly Bobo, who was snatched from her home and led into the woods by a shadowy stranger five days ago. Gov. Bill Haslam approved a $50,000 reward from the state, in addition to a $25,000 reward already offered by Bobo's community.

This dosen't say anything about the cousin giving the money..who knows what's the truth in this case with all these different stories

From what I understand the STATE of TN put forward that other money...

Hearing an ATV would not be suspicious in this area since it is turkey season.

What if the kidnapper lived close by? What if he was a good church going person who no one would suspect? Remember that Dennis Rader (BTK) killed his last victim in the church that he was an Elder in. And, remember Jessica Lunsford who was kept in the closet of John Couey until he buried her alive under the porch?

These are just unspeakable things to think about...but it does happen...in places that no one would have ever imagined.

He'd of had to of started it out in the woods. We have several ATV's & you'd not hear any of them take off if someone never revved the engines before taking off.

...Watch the top of Craig Rivera's package on the abduction:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4650176/where-is-holly-bobo

You can see a "path" visible to the right of the house leading to Swan Johnson where Rivera is doing his stand up. It would be a natural path to take her to a waiting car on Swan Johnson -- however Rivera reminds that the brother saw the perp take Holly "into the woods -- behind the house." I am struck by the risk the perp took doing this -- possibly being fully visible to the brother in the house and risking a 911 call from same -- walking away into the woods with Holly -- with the prompt response that kind of call would have brought from LE.

Hello all, I live in Midle TN an hour or so east of the area of focus.

I have been tracking this for a few days and have a few thoughts I would like to run by some sleuthing minds.

I think the perp has known Holly for a few months and is not a stranger. I think the perp is local and unemployed. He has participated in the searches. His level of fear is dependent on where the searches are located in relation to Holly's location.

I am confused by why the perp would lead her to the woods if the intent was to go some distance. The woods quickly turn into fields or cross roads. If a neighbor heard her scream, I think he took her south of the house. I think the scream was from an assualt on her. I think it is very possible that she died less than an hour from the abduction and her body is in nearby water. I truely hope otherwise.

On the other hand, if a car was involved, she could be alive. Finding her items a few miles from the abduction would indicate a car was involved. However, it could be involved without Holly being in the car.

I hope and pray for the best outcome but these are my thoughts.
Hi Welcome! All good thoughts. I am not trying to rule out anything and keep an open mind. I usually just get an idea in my head and stick with it and am wrong. At this point we don't have much to go on besides a young women is missing. So I thought I would keep all ideas open.

I haven't seen or read that. The governor of Tennessee approved $50,000 to go to the reward fund in addition to the $25,000 that was put up by the community.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/apr/19/gov-haslam-adds-50000-reward-information-missing-h/

There was an original $25,000 from the "community," some of that could have come from the family I'm sure.

An anonymous businessman put up an additional $5,000 that seems to have disappeared now. Otherwise the reward would be $80,000.

http://midsouthnewz.com/news/midsou...-bobo-search-in-west-tennessee-continues.html

Then the governor added the $50,000.

There has been no mention of Whitney putting up a reward. I believe HLN is reporting it as that because they are assuming it is coming from her since she is a singer. But Whitney Duncan hasn't been doing this for 20 years. She simply doesn't have the resources that for example Metallica did, when Morgan Harrington went missing.

Ok back from the kitchen. I hate it when life interrupts sleuthing...

Thanks, Carla = I needed that. I'm not posting on this case because I really can't make heads or tails of it. Nothing, nada, zip. I just wish LE would call out some professional search teams (ala KK, LRS, TE) to help them out. Times awastin.

Hugs,

Mel

Are you serious?????? now they are saying it may be hearsay about duct tape, blonde hair & blood.

or are you saying they found duct tape with blonde hair and blood on the tape?

The duct tape is fact. It was in a video from last Thursday or Friday with a member of LE (State policeman, I think...) in uniform, talking to a news reporter.

Now, rather it had anything to do with Holly has never been said to my knowledge, but there was duct tape found. They even showed it laying beside the pavement on the news video.

...Watch the top of Craig Rivera's package on the abduction:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4650176/where-is-holly-bobo

You can see a "path" visible to the right of the house leading to Swan Johnson where Rivera is doing his stand up. It would be a natural path to take her to a waiting car on Swan Johnson -- however Rivera reminds that the brother saw the perp take Holly "into the woods -- behind the house." I am struck by the risk the perp took doing this -- possibly being fully visible to the brother in the house and risking a 911 call from same -- walking away into the woods with Holly -- with the prompt response that kind of call would have brought from LE.

Not only that he says the neighbors heard screaming Why didnt the brother hear the screams? The neighbors are not real close to their house its a bit a distance away.

There was an original $25,000 from the "community," some of that could have come from the family I'm sure.

An anonymous businessman put up an additional $5,000 that seems to have disappeared now. Otherwise the reward would be $80,000.

http://midsouthnewz.com/news/midsou...-bobo-search-in-west-tennessee-continues.html

Then the governor added the $50,000.

There has been no mention of Whitney putting up a reward. I believe HLN is reporting it as that because they are assuming it is coming from her since she is a singer. But Whitney Duncan hasn't been doing this for 20 years. She simply doesn't have the resources that for example Metallica did, when Morgan Harrington went missing.

I'm gonna ask my favourite musical artists in the whole wide world, The Judds, to see if they can help. They just got back from tour and I know mama Judd is back home in Nashville. I'll let you know if I hear anything back.

ps: gonna see Wynonna in San Diego this summer - can't wait :)

Prayers to Holly!

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members