What happened to Rebecca Zahau?

What do you think happened to Rebecca Zahau?

• It was a suicide.

Votes: 31 13.1%
  • It was not a suicide.

Votes: 50 21.2%
  • It was a hired hit.

Votes: 22 9.3%
  • It was a murder committed by someone angry about Max's accident.

Votes: 106 44.9%
  • I am unsure of what really happened (on the fence).

Votes: 27 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to play the link game, there are links about Asian women up to age 35, which fits RZ's age group. Same thing applies. And go to ANY Asian country and watch the news. Suicide is extremely common, and common by hanging, especially among women.

Maybe to you this is game. To me it is simply statistics.

From National Institute of Mental Health
http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/suicide-in-the-us-statistics-and-prevention/index.shtml#races

Are Some Ethnic Groups or Races at Higher Risk?

Of every 100,000 people in each of the following ethnic/racial groups below, the following number died by suicide in 2007.1

Highest rates:
American Indian and Alaska Natives — 14.3 per 100,000
Non-Hispanic Whites — 13.5 per 100,000
Lowest rates:
Hispanics — 6.0 per 100,000
Non-Hispanic Blacks — 5.1 per 100,000
Asian and Pacific Islanders — 6.2 per 100,000

I never said suicide by hanging is not common. Suicide.org's statistics on women's hanging is on par with National Institute of Mental Health's data (21%).

Also from NIMH:
Suicide by: Males (%) Females (%)
Firearms 56 30
Suffocation 24 21
Poisoning 13 40

Haven't been able to get here for a few days, then couldn't find the thread. So many new developments. Anybody have an opinion of who the witness might be who provided new information that RN could have died before midnight?

Also, in response to Curiousme, I totally agree w/ your comment about the taxi. I find it odd that RN was picking up JS's ex-wife's sister from the airport. I can understand her picking up AS -- that's his bro, but why the heck would RN pick up somebody who isn't even in the Shacknai family anymore. Can understand that everyone pulled together under the tragic circumstances, but on the other hand, if I was NS I'd want to get my own ride, not ride with the person who was in charge of MS at the time he had his accident.

How close could RN have gotten w/ JS's ex's family in the 2 years they were dating. Seems the JS/DS divorce was contentious, can't see them after only two years being great friends again to where DS and RN would have any social interaction.

Also, if RN did pick up NS, why didn't she ask her during the car ride what happened the morning of the accident. Instead, she wanted to go over that night to the mansion to talk to RN about it?

Was interesting that RN's sister said she didn't see JS and RN being affectionate, and didn't know JS's feelings for RN. She knew that RN loved him. Had relationship broken down this year to where he just treated her like hired help, child care, chauffeur, etc.?

JMO

We have heard now from several sources that DS didn't like RN even before Max's accident. I also find it very strange that RN had to pick up DS's twin sister from the airport. That had to be uncomfortable to say the least.

I find the way her wrists were tied reminds me of tying down on a boat, you hook the loop around first, well take a look at the video and picture here and what does it remind you of at the beginning of the video?

[ame="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2658031/how_to_tie_and_anchor_your_boat/"]How To Tie And Anchor Your Boat - Video[/ame]

http://www.ehow.com/how_8781078_use-boat-dock-line.html

We have heard now from several sources that DS didn't like RN even before Max's accident. I also find it very strange that RN had to pick up DS's twin sister from the airport. That had to be uncomfortable to say the least.

I think having my child or nephew on life support trumps being uncomfortable driving a car to pick up someone at the airport.

JMO

I think it is no coincidence that both can be accomplished easily.
It has nothing to do with whether or not it can be accomplished easily or not, now if I were to tie my own hands up and not being a boater I wouldn't think to tie my hands up in that fashion. imo

It has nothing to do with whether or not it can be accomplished easily or not, now if I were to tie my own hands up and not being a boater I wouldn't think to tie my hands up in that fashion. imo

Since you believe it was murder, why do you think they tied her hands up? And why didn't they tie them up tighter?

Since you believe it was murder, why do you think they tied her hands up? And why didn't they tie them up tighter?
I don't know why or how they became loose or even if they were, I was commenting on the method in which they were tied, as a non boater and if I was to tie my hands up that method would not have occurred to me.

Just to add, anyone knows how this story of RN picking up DS's twin sister originated ?? if this originated on the say-so only of DS's twin sister or of the Romano's relatives, then I would take this with a grain of salt specially since she was the last person to text RN at 10:40 pm something, and moreso that she said she called earlier than that(contradicting the cellphone log).

Furthermore, the said twin sister left San Diego on Saturday, July 16, the same day her sister's son, Max, was taken off life support. why not wait to comfort her sister or to attend maxie's funeral or the funeral of the lady who supposedly picked her up at the airport.

In addition, if this twin sister is an identical twin then the alibi of DS being at the hospital needs to be looked at more closely by looking at the security cameras in the hospital again since, we are now talking about the possibility of identical twins walking in and out of the hospital.

I don't know why or how they became loose or even if they were, I was commenting on the method in which they were tied, as a non boater and if I was to tie my hands up that method would not have occurred to me.

The ME said they came off very easily.

my comments:

1.) well if it came off easily then, in theory, Rebecca might have been able to untie herself, if she was still alive. Obviously, she did not since she is dead.

2.)it might have become loose because the hanging or dragging of her body can loosen knots depending on how the rope was tied.

The ME said they came off very easily.

Being a boater has nothing to do with the determination of someone wishing to commit suicide.

JMO

my comments:

2.)it might have become loose because the hanging or dragging of her body can loosen knots depending on how the rope was tied.

Was there any evidence that her body was dragged?

I have yet to see a reasonable explanation for why a murderer would bind the hands and feet and leave them tied if the goal was to make it appear to be a suicide.

1.) thats the reason why people want to reopen the case since they are not convinced of the suicide findings(i.e. no signs of struggle)

2.) there are head wounds(bonking the head hard enough can make her unconscious), and another thing/scenario - if strangulation is done very quickly by a very strong person, the victim won't have time to struggle since death will occur rapidly.

That's a very good point. The AR made a point of stating that there were no signs of a struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie