ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
If LM qualified for Legal Aide, I believe he would and did, then yes he can hire any lawyer he wants and any defence lawyer willing... and Marc Labelle seems to be willing, not surprising either. This will bring both of them the notiriety they both want. I am sure that LM thinks this is a match made in heaven and like Homolka it will be a sure win. I have news for you LM, don't be too quick on that one. People don't forget that easy what happened in that case. I sure as heck hope the police do NOT make any deals with this psychopath, like trying to get information on the missing head.

The judge would have only appointed a lawyer for him IF LM didn't qualify for Legal Aide. I doubt anyone is paying for his lawyer but if so that would be interesting to see who, his family? No I am pretty sure legal aide is the route he is going and Marc Labelle is very willing in this case to take it for publicity on his part.

Well, we don't know how much money he has left, if any, and whether Legal Aid will be involved. The lawyer (Marc Labelle) may be taking the case at Legal Aid rates just to stay in the limelight, or for the same reason as Dirk Derstine, that everyone deserves a competent defence. If LM got a rookie lawyer, there could well be grounds for appeal down the road.

http://avocats.qc.ca/avocat/davocatE.asp?id=829&type=Avo

Agree. I want Luka to have an experienced Lawyer. Less chance of appeals as you point out.

It seems to me that LM is probably tired, scared, and while probably enjoying the attention to a certain point, he's probably also a bit overwhelmed by the upcoming process of being tried and jailed for life. As far as talk of his intelligence, I equate his to that of an animal: be just smart enough to survive, and try not to show fear, or when necessary, roll over and submit. In this case I think he's trying not show weakness, but also trying to not look inherently evil like some his more famous ilk.

For those who could not watch the vid of his entrance back into Canada....
(I watched again....on my big TV....to get a better picture lol)...

I still believe he looked smugged and arrogant while fighting a smirk. IMO, he was loving this attention....even celebs dont care about negative attention...ANY news is GOOD news!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

As I watch the video...I think....damn, all those men around him are REAL men and I see this tiny little twit surrounded by them....who thinks he is all that and hot and sexy and so on.......

In the 2nd pic down he looks smug to me....and I hate to be affected by him, but it is rubbing me the wrong way. In those top to pictures, imo, he even looks proud of himself. His head is swelling a bit. I guess I've seen it before and to me, that's what it looks like. But, JMO.

p.s. 2nd pic down...the crinkle around his eyes, slight smile.....says "smug" to me.

My goodness guys!
I posted this on last thread! Thank god it closed. My first sentence was suppossed to read : I do not like LM. Well lucky piere "not" was not in the sentance! I freaked ugh god!
Let me repeat I do not like LM!

Morning all!
First and foremost I do NOT like LM!

The notions surrounding his intelligence are interesting. I am with Scientific on this one! I think he is bright. This belief does not translate to my respecting him! The chronicity and depth of his ability to create all his alias, lies, stories, and tales most certainly indicate that he is NOT psychotic!

There is a difference between smart and bright (alter ego stuff, creativity in just being all over the internet as different entities , different jobs, different ages, names, vocations, each with different family histories etc. etc. .

Pause folks, --- what do screenwriters, novelists and playwrights do? The exact same thing! Create characters in depth. Create names, identities, looks, mannerisms etc. My notions surrounding him being bright are centered in the “creativity” demonstrated throughout his entire “created” existence.

Again folks – when I shared my notions regarding his IQ earlier some folks were angry. I am not saying his behaviors and or his life were positive. I am saying that bright/ creativity is most def. a component of intelligence. Solid intelligence.

The capacity to anticipate others needs, in order to manipulate effectively, are also indicative of intelligence. And from what we all have learned this guy’ face should be next to world “manipulate” in dictionaries everywhere. The capacity for that kind of deviance (think Bundy?) is correlated with intelligence. High intelligence!

And if we think about it, there most certainly (it is beguiling though!) nothing, “dumb”, in his planning, to assume, that the garbage folks WOULD HAVE picked up the suitcase. In fact, for some time I have wondered if that was fate of some sort. By this I mean it was not a really big error on his part. (LM’S) at all. Twist of fate?

His pathological narcissism (I am so smart) is what got him caught not stupidity – there is a difference! But wait; let’s even hold off right here! And roll with me here for a sec guys: What you all think: of this: He split thinking suitcase was gone. The notion that he went out for his first couple of nights over there (evidently with no effort at disguise) to me indicates that he was not really aware of how fast he was being tied to everything.
– I do not think he had a clue for the first 3-4 days that LE knew what he did (his apt/linked the video to him/learning all his internet proclivities etc.).

Then let’s move on a couple more days – he starts to see his face everywhere. Oh S*** so even at some level going to the café that day could be interpreted as heck, I better really find out what it going on, as opposed to him being stupid. In fact, considering the dynamics of what was unfolding, it is what a prudent individual, on the run would do – find out what the “enemy” (!) know and are doing! That is survival……………………….

Don't sweat it. Your mistake was evident given the context of your post.

Justin Ling is covering the arraignment today, so hopefully he will pop on here at some point to fill us in!

here we go:

"Magnotta has record

Montreal police have said Magnotta wasn't known to them, but he has a criminal record in Ontario.

Jeanne: Is Magnotta's record available on iTunes?

Oh wait, different kind of record.. My bad :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

You absolutely do. This is evil. I am not religious but I guess I'm agnostic when it comes to the idea of hell - men like this prove its existence to me. Look instead to the shy, beautiful smile of the victim who was reduced to meat by this evil. I believe our justice system will do the right thing or hell, I'm moving to Texas. :banghead:

After Casey Anthony I was totally disillusioned with the US justice system. One of the times I wouldn't have minded moving. Anyway, keep that case in mind. Texas is pretty close to Florida. Kidding...kind of....sort of.

It seems to me that LM is probably tired, scared, and while probably enjoying the attention to a certain point, he's probably also a bit overwhelmed by the upcoming process of being tried and jailed for life.

In the previous closed thread, people were thinking he looked "drugged" coming off the plane. Nobody mentioned jet lag. It would have been 2 a.m. German time.

LM HIRED him? He's got money to spare, it seems. He lived in a dive apartment and can afford a high-profile lawyer. Hmmmmm

Where are you reading that he has hired or even been appointed a lawyer??

Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling

I guess concerns of protesters/fans were unfounded. There's nobody outside of the Montreal courthouse.

There was an article i wish i could find. Not sure where i read it. Family members described Luka as a time bomb. Troubled and delusions of grandeur. Sorry i don't have the link perhaps somebody else read that as well?

Yes it was his unnamed aunt who hasn't seen him in years, and based on the article blames Magnotta for the way her children turned out... Google "pass the buck auntie" I'm sure she'll pop up

1m CTV Montreal ‏@CTVMontreal
We have learned that Marc Labelle will not represent #Magnotta, a correction has been issued. http://bit.ly/Lzii3e

Wow. I don't see this at all. I think you need to step back from your feelings and look at these photos objectively. Aside from looking sedated, he looks uncomfortable and almost shameful. As far as the bottom photo, I do that same exact pursing of my lips and lip-biting when I am worried, nervous, upset, etc.

I can see what you are saying....but I still see a smirk. Interesting how we all are seeing different things. Maybe he has mixed feelings. Though, I am pretty sure his feelings are selfish. This is JMO. But I have a hard time believing he feels shame. In the 3rd pic down, I see anger...or meanness. Or arrogance.

The bottom picture, I see fear.

Gallery: Luka Rocco Magnotta arrives in Canada

http://www.globalmontreal.com/photo...witter&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=community

The one in the van is so telling. He's so pleased with himself. :sick:

He's a fame *advertiser censored*. I said yesterday that in his delusional mind he expected a welcome similar to the Beatles arrival in America at JFK Airport in 1964... Sadly with the hubbub we saw yesterday, he got just what he wanted... Should have been done under the cover of darkness with only an updated mugshot released to media

Justin Ling‏@justin_ling

I guess concerns of protesters/fans were unfounded. There's nobody outside of the Montreal courthouse.

Justin Ling‏@justin_ling

There's maybe 2 dozen people waiting to get into the courtroom. Seemingly half/half of journos and civvies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann