Search Warrants Unsealed Shacknai Zahau

HMMM, I don't know how to attach it. Go figure...so I printed it and will share part of page 7.
"...govermental privilege that allows for the protection of identity of informants" etc, etc and, "The sealing request herein, however, is not based on denying discovery to the defendants, when they are--when and if they are charged" etc, etc, "prohibit public disclosure which could surely undermine the continuing investigation herein."
and ...."We do not wish to divulge the information contained within these documents for fear that the perpetrators can destroy evidence."

The last line gave me the heebee jeebees...Rebecca was already dead...the detective even makes that point in the recitation of events!...so why add,
"for fear that the perpetrators can destroy evidence."

HMMM, I don't know how to attach it. Go figure...so I printed it and will share part of page 7.
"...govermental privilege that allows for the protection of identity of informants" etc, etc and, "The sealing request herein, however, is not based on denying discovery to the defendants, when they are--when and if they are charged" etc, etc, "prohibit public disclosure which could surely undermine the continuing investigation herein."
and ...."We do not wish to divulge the information contained within these documents for fear that the perpetrators can destroy evidence."

The last line gave me the heebee jeebees...Rebecca was already dead...the detective even makes that point in the recitation of events!...so why add,
"for fear that the perpetrators can destroy evidence."
I think some of the verbiage in the SW is "form", as in "form letter". I also got the hinkies about some of it, but at some point ( and I'll try to find it) I realized that what I was reading was a transcript of a 3-way telephone conversation, with the DA reading the form, the LEO filling in blanks with details of the case, and the judge, well, judging. And that probably a program typed the transcription of the completed form, to be later signed by the parties. In which case, there will be phrases such as "for fear that the perpetrators can destroy evidence", which are necessary in every search warrant but are not necessarily specific to any perpetrator or crime.

I'll bring you a link. BRB

Edit: Here's a link to page 6 of the SW: http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/warrant_41290.pdf
>>>snip

DDA: And would Your Honor please direct that pre-printed language of the search warrant form be incorporated by reference into the warrant?
JUDGE: SO ordered.

<<<snip

Hope that helps.
Sorry, this is in response to IQuestion's post #419, above.

Okay BETTY P...I'll try to get you to the search warrant. It is 14 pages long and is on the Attachment H supplied by STS on post #23.
You have to log in and then put your cursor on the page and push enter.
The pdf file then opens up.

The search warrant was requested almost 10 days after Rebecca's death and specifically requests the information be sealed from the public to protect the identiy of confidential informants and stop individuals from destroying evidence.I apologize for not being able to provide the "pics" of the search warrant the way STS does, (I just don't have enough computer skills to manage it:blushing:) but at the very least, I can tell you where and how to access it.
After reading it, IMO, Det Adkins felt it was necessary to keep a lot of the info confidential....until/if attorneys and their clients needed it during discovery. (???)
Anyway, that is how I INTERPRETED THE INFORMATION. And of course why I am so willing to put the info out for discourse with my fellow sleuthers. Afterall, Rebecca was dead. Who did Det Adkins think would destroy evidence?So in a nutshell...my link is to post #23 on thread SCOOTER THEORY - FAILURE ANALYSIS ONLY posted yesterday, search warrant testimony.

Thanks, I Question. I'm a bit under the weather right now and have been using my tablet to surf the internet. I'm no expert either, but the wording does seem interesting. Could it have just been some boilerplate language inserted to create the authority for keeping evidence from the Zahau Family?

If so, the attorney's sure figured out an airtight way to nail down everything in this case from the suicide ruling to this - it has the effect of shutting down further investigation and hiding most of the evidence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back