17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a discussion about M'OM's fees the other day. this has probably been addressed but since this is a new thread thought I would post anyway.

Faced with the prospect of not getting paid for his work, O’Mara, has set up his own website and legal defense fund — gzdefensefund.com. At his normal $400-an-hour rate, the case could run up to $1 million, including costs, he said.
Getting paid
“I am a businessman, and I certainly don’t mind getting paid for my expenses in this,” O’Mara said. “We don’t have a lot of training on how to handle legal defense fund money … There are no rules, and we are going to make some.” He vowed to be more transparent.
He noted that Trayvon’s parents have a website that accepts donations, too. That site on wepay.com says it has collected about $26,000.

jumping from your post
http://cfnews13.com/content/news/cf...icles/cfn/2012/4/26/attorney_zimmerman_h.html

The attorney for Trayvon Martin's parents said the Justice for Trayvon Martin Foundation has raised about $70,000 in donations.

Would you have a link handy? I don't recall the part about still owing $10,000. TIA
No, I do not have a link. I saw and heard it myself on TV yesterday. I watched two showings of the program. I reported on it at the time, in the last thread.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7844442&postcount=630"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #34[/ame]

It was posted in the middle of a conversation about the show as others were watching the show also. I don't think Jane's show has transcripts, and I personally can't currently view YouTubes so well, so if there is a video online of the whole show, I am unaware. Except that, it was the same show that had the video montage with the guy and the police cars.

ETA:
Ah, see, there you go! JBean is just quick as a bunny. And, she does have transcripts. Dadgumit, I learn something new each and every day.

ETA 2;
And concerned poppa is even quicker. Thank youse guys!

IMO he was a man on a mission. He knew he wasn't going to let this @$$hole get away and that's exactly what he did.

~jmo~

---------------
Yes Adrienne. I have no feelings for this man on a mission. We know if he had stayed in his truck as LE. told him, he'd have no headaches today and Trayvon would be alive. Doesnt he just ruffle your feathers? :seeya:

Idk. I think I'm being very honest with myself when I say that I would be hesitant to contribute to George's defense out of fear. Even if it wouldn't put me in actual fear for my life (although that thought would cross my mnd, as well) I would not want my name associated with such an unpopular cause that has drawn such incredibly negative backlash. In fact, I do feel very strongly that, regardless of the ultimate outcome, this has been a wrongful persecution of George of epic proportions. I mean, even if you think he should have been arrested on the night of the shooting, what are you going to do if you're in his shoes? INSIST that you be arrested on the spot?

Then once the media and the folks we talk about elsewhere got involved, well, it's just terrifying, imo, and a complete travesty. Not at all how things are supposed to happen in this country regardless, again, of which "side" you find yourself on, imo.

My point is I do believe the concerns expressed by O'Mara are valid, because I feel that way myself, and I have given it some thought.

jmo

I have given this much thought too. And I find it much more terrifying that someone can call police, follow a handbook of what to tell police and go down the list on that call, stalk and murder an unarmed kid who went for candy and tea and not get arrested for it on the spot. That is terrifying. That is not at all how things are supposed to happen in this country. Wrongful persecution, I think not. May George be safe and have his day in court but remember in America it is alright to speak up when a travesty has been committed and those against killing kids are speaking up. George is in the spotlight, he put himself there and may it shine brightly.

This is what I found:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/27/2770968/zimmerman-attorney-to-tell-judge.html

“He absolutely knew there was money in that account. I am not suggesting he didn’t know it was there,” O’Mara told reporters after a court hearing Friday where the issue was disclosed to the court. “The question is whether he felt that needed to be disclosed … It was an oversight.”

"Zimmerman must not have thought the money was readily available for spending, O’Mara said, although Zimmerman had spent some of the funds on rent and on preparing his current safe house, and $5,000 went toward posting bail."

In another article I can't find now MOM said GZ still owed the bailbondsman $10,000. jmo

bbm that right there tells me that 5000 of the 15000 came from the fund, not that the 5000 was all that was put up. jmo

BEM: Someone should tell Crump since he is commenting on it!
"“When you look at those pictures and you see those two little cuts on his head, that is not consistent with your head being pounded into the pavement”… - Benjamin Crump 4/23

"Someone" wearing red. This is not news or anything that hasn't been discussed many times here, but perhaps you missed it. Here's one of the many reports:

Man shot and killed in neighborhood altercation:
MyFoxOrlando.com
Below is a transcript of the Fox News interview of the witness “John” by reporter Keith Landry.
Narration: Sanford police (are) still trying to figure out exactly what happened in this spot here last night. We talked to a man who didn’t want to be shown on camera, who witnessed part of the attack right here then went upstairs to his window and witnessed the rest of it after he called 911.
Reporter: “What are you thinking now about all this?”
Narration: This afternoon I talked to “John” through his front door about what he saw last night during a fight that turned into a deadly shooting.
John: “The guy on the bottom (Zimmerman) who I believe had a red sweater on was yelling to me ‘help, help’. I told him (Trayvon) to stop (beating Zimmerman) and called 911."

1. This was the day after the shooting which holds more credence to me than any of the ear and eyewitnesses that have come forward in the weeks after.
2. On Roland Martin's interview with SB, TM, and BJ, Crump states Zimmerman had on a red sweatshirt. This interview was on the 18th of March.

Roland Martin's interview with SB, TM, and BJ (7:51).

BEM: What unlawful act was he preventing?

Here is the actual interview with "John"

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/new...n-shot-and-killed-in-neighborhood-altercation

And here is what it ACTUALLY says

The guy on the bottom, who had a red sweater on, was yelling to me, 'Help! Help!' and I told him to stop, and I was calling 911," said the witness, who asked to be identified only by his first name, John.

So now if the guy on the bottom is GZ what is John telling GZ to stop?

No where in that interview did "John" say the names of Zimmerman or Trayvon as your posts states he did!

I think his exact words were " the second installment" of 10,000 dollars. By using the term second installment it leads me to believe the 10 grand was not due until now.

If they were behind in their payments or withholding money from the bail bonds man then I don't think he would have been released. imo

Maybe you are thinking about "second mortgage"? I can't find anything about a second installment.

I hope this website is ok, looks to be MSM. This is what I heard O'Mara say:
http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story--5-.htm

"O'Mara said he learned about the money this week, after Zimmerman's release. The family used $5,000 from the website as well as a second mortgage on their home to bail out Zimmerman, O'Mara said. Zimmerman has also used some of the money for living expenses."

I don't blame George for him not being arrested immediately. That fault alone lies squarely on the SPD and anyone else who got involved in this case the night of the shooting. I have no idea who all was involved with the decision and what exactly went into making that decision that night, but that is why it is being investigated by people even higher then them and rightfully so. We know of at least one investigator who wanted George arrested that night, but he was shot down.

I blame George for his actions that night. I blame George for Trayvon's death. I believe George is 100% responsible for Trayvon being dead right now. His words and his actions that night are very clear to me.

MOO

No, I do not have a link. I saw and heard it myself on TV yesterday. I watched two showings of the program. I reported on it at the time, in the last thread.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #34

It was posted in the middle of a conversation about the show as others were watching the show also. I don't think Jane's show has transcripts, and I personally can't currently view YouTubes so well, so if there is a video online of the whole show, I am unaware. Except that, it was the same show that had the video montage with the guy and the police cars.

ETA:
Ah, see, there you go! JBean is just quick as a bunny. And, she does have transcripts. Dadgumit, I learn something new each and every day.

ETA 2;
And concerned poppa is even quicker. Thank youse guys!
damn that concerned papa. ruining my reputation for being the fastest link finder.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/new...n-shot-and-killed-in-neighborhood-altercation

The guy on the bottom, who had a red sweater on, was yelling to me, 'Help! Help!' and I told him to stop, and I was calling 911," said the witness, who asked to be identified only by his first name, John.

No where in that interview did "John" say the names of Zimmerman or Trayvon as your posts states he did!

Yes, same interview as I posted, in which John also states, "And then, when I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on the top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point."

Maybe he meant "stop" yelling? JMO

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/new...led-in-neighborhood-altercation#ixzz1tN2jbYFE

Reading it as he was "preventing" a crime. There is no way GZ could have prevented TM from doing something he was already engaged in. JMO

There was no evidence TM was engaged in anything other than going home and had he not interferred with LE, LE would have determined that and let TM go home to watch his game. Obviously a do-gooder trying to "prevent" a crime that was never going to happen can have tragic results. jmo

I have given this much thought too. And I find it much more terrifying that someone can call police, follow a handbook of what to tell police and go down the list on that call, stalk and murder an unarmed kid who went for candy and tea and not get arrested for it on the spot. That is terrifying. That is not at all how things are supposed to happen in this country. Wrongful persecution, I think not. May George be safe and have his day in court but remember in America it is alright to speak up when a travesty has been committed and those against killing kids are speaking up. George is in the spotlight, he put himself there and may it shine brightly.

:tyou: :tyou: :tyou: 1000 :tyou: 's are not enough!

Been lurking and trying to keep up with info. Am a bit confused. How can there be two different versions quoted, one identifying the two on the ground (vlpate), and the other without (yours)? Which one is correct? :waitasec:

Sorry just need to add this from the transcripts as it is worth noting in the overall scheme of the bond payment:

>>VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. OK. I mean, listen. None of us is perfect, so I`m just trying to straighten this out.

Now, here`s another thing. You were -- were you involved at all in helping get George Zimmerman`s bond last weekend, because we understood that in court it was revealed $5,000 of that Web site money was used to get that bond, the bail, the 10 percent bail.

So wouldn`t it have been evident at that time, given that there was $5,000 used? The obvious question was, well, how much money is there, all told, since we have $5,000 to use for the bond?

O`MARA: Sure. I mean, let me answer it the way you asked it, which was I wasn`t particularly involved. I helped set up the bail bonds person.

I will tell you that the first 24 or 36 hours the Zimmerman family was very concerned about getting a bail bondsman involved because of security. I mean, literally, for the first day, they refused to, as a matter of fact. They were trying to raise the $150,000.

Now, you think that through, they were trying to raise $150,000 not using the money that was in that account, because quite honestly, if they wanted to, they could have just taken the check out of there and paid the full bond.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Can I...

O`MARA: I know from having dealt with them for 24 hours, trying to convince them use the bail bondsman. He is trustworthy. This is the way to do it. They were going to talk about getting a grandmother involved and her house.

So in my opinion, just from my view of it, not even as his advocate, it made sense that they weren`t focused on that money for the bond.<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam