Armchair psych profile and personal background

Status
Not open for further replies.
And just a few days later, minutes into Christmas Day, was on extreme bondage forums looking for a date to force him to eat ****, beat him up, rape him, dump him miles from their abode naked and humiliated then joke about it all when he got back home.

He felt nothing for nobody but himself.
Perhaps he didn't care about anyone but himself; however, the fact that he was acting on a sexual compulsion a few days after creating an emotionally fulfilling holiday scene for himself is completely irrelavent. Once again, if he was borderline and the holidays were a trigger that sent him into that borderline zone it would not be unusual for him to be engaging in wreckless behavior at that moment. This thread is dedicated to constructive psychoanalysis, not haphazard hatred and anger. Perhaps we need another thread if folks need to vent their hatred towards Magnotta with little else to add to the discussion? It may not be a bad idea since so many have very strong feelings.

Perhaps he didn't care about anyone but himself; however, the fact that he was acting on a sexual compulsion a few days after creating an emotionally fulfilling holiday scene for himself is completely irrelavent. Once again, if he was borderline and the holidays were a trigger that sent him into that borderline zone it would not be unusual for him to be engaging in wreckless behavior at that moment. This thread is dedicated to constructive psychoanalysis, not haphazard hatred and anger. Perhaps we need another thread if folks need to vent their hatred towards Magnotta with little else to add to the discussion? It may not be a bad idea since so many have very strong feelings.
Oh ok, you want to airbrush all the nasty stuff away and concentrate on how nice he wanted to be?

My armchair psych profile is he cared for no-one but himself - why am I not allowed to state my thoughts?

I really didnt see the 'hate' you are portraying in my post btw.

Absol connect the dots holidays, are in truth the pitts for everyone. Drinking , wives husbands domestic violanc. Becasue LM suffers with mental illiness, lots of folks go , to sooth for booze or beating the heck out of a partner whatever . For the narciss they act out in diff ways , so him being sick, yep holidays , triggers (FOR EVERYONE) different acting out.

And just a few days later, minutes into Christmas Day, was on extreme bondage forums looking for a date to force him to eat ****, beat him up, rape him, dump him miles from their abode naked and humiliated then joke about it all when he got back home.

Links?

In what world is someone who's looking for extreme bondage and having someone force them to eat ***, etc. being selfish? Just for example, if any of us were to find out that our adult child had made a post like that, would we consider them selfish or seriously troubled to their most severe detriment and want to get them help - serious help - immediately?

I could be wrong, but I think some posters feel that acknowledging lm's obvious and serious mental issues somehow diminishes the gravity of the crime. Speaking only for myself (but I think numerous others, if not all, agree) it does not. But I think the suggestion that putting one's self out there as willing to eat someone's excrement, be bound, beaten, raped and left naked to find a way back home just for some lulz is selfish rather than deranged is quite a stretch, whether or not the poster quite literally wants those things to happen. jmo

In what world is someone who's looking for extreme bondage and having someone force them to eat ***, etc. being selfish? Just for example, if any of us were to find out that our adult child had made a post like that, would we consider them selfish or seriously troubled to their most severe detriment and want to get them help - serious help - immediately?

I could be wrong, but I think some posters feel that acknowledging lm's obvious and serious mental issues somehow diminishes the gravity of the crime. Speaking only for myself (but I think numerous others, if not all, agree) it does not. But I think the suggestion that putting one's self out there as willing to eat someone's excrement, be bound, beaten, raped and left naked to find a way back home just for some lulz is selfish rather than deranged is quite a stretch, whether or not the poster quite literally wants those things to happen. jmo
Bravo! Well stated!

In the emails he sent Romeo Salta, all of the injuries and assaults he lists could be self-inflicted. Also in the list, #37 could serve as an explanation as to why he doesn't blink very much. I thought it was interesting that he mentions blinking.

In the photo, the welt around his neck makes me think he is into self-inflicted pain or auto-asphyxiation. Nothing to back that up besides the photo and his ex stating he would hit himself in the head.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-bizarre-backstory-of-the-alleged-canadian-psycho-2012-6

That has been my anguish -- this is not --you used selfish ---i use choice -- he is sick. I treid the anology of being blind, i tried using a wheel chair i tried cancer and diabetes.

ANd I have only been here a couple of days but my breath is lost at times. This is a very very dangerous and sick person . Who would rage at someone who has diabetes? Blame them. Be pissed that they cant eat sugar with em whatever your with me> It is breathtaking.........

AN amazing post !

This logic is flawed. Is he selfish because of his deviency or his narcissism? If he wasn't a narcissist would his deviency still be selfish?
I said he cares for nobody but himself, and you have strung it out to what?
I don't think for a minute he was thinking about anyone bar himself that late December where these postings are coming from, so whether he's a narcissist or deviant or anything else is moot.
BTW I'm not professionally qualified and I doubt you are either - its all moo, so back off in attacking me as you defend that .

I said he cares for nobody but himself, and you have strung it out to what?
I don't think for a minute he was thinking about anyone bar himself that late December where these postings are coming from, so whether he's a narcissist or deviant or anything else is moot.
BTW I'm not professionally qualified and I doubt you are either - its all moo, so back off in attacking me as you defend that .
It is not attacking -- in much the same way you can't grasp my view I cant yours . All that is is interesting dialog. Your not getting my world view is same as me not yours. I am not trying to attack you , I am trying to say (just like you to me ) how come you do not see the same view out of the window!

It is not attacking -- in much the same way you can't grasp my view I cant yours . All that is is interesting dialog. Your not getting my world view is same as me not yours. I am not trying to attack you , I am trying to say (just like you to me ) how come you do not see the same view out of the window!
Time for another internet course for dummies (me!) what does rsbm mean?

Settle down, all.

Don't think anyone here is attempting to exonerate Eric for what he did.

Why he did it is a mystery to which none of us have the key. Discussing various explanations for the "why" is fine as long as everyone keeps it respectful. We don't all have to agree here. But we absolutely must agree to disagree respectfully, and keep the conversation at the level of ideas without descending to personal attacks.

Where this post lands is random.

Respectfully snipped by me...meaning the person is responding to only a specific part of your post.
huh your post was terrific - neatly written and profound thank you. I am here about 4 days. Have you found moderator intervention higher on this case or reasonably typical?

huh your post was terrific - neatly written and profound thank you. I am here about 4 days. Have you found moderator intervention higher on this case or reasonably typical?

We're not supposed to discuss moderation in the thread. But maybe the mods will give us a pass since you are new and this is, imo, a pretty innocuous question. :seeya:

In a word, no. It is not highly moderated, imo. There have been FAR more contentious threads. Some of which have even been shut down due to the need for exceptional moderation :::whistling::: I think the reason is that most, if not all of us, agree about the horrific essence of this crime and who is responsible for it. That's not always the case.

eta: if you've not read the TOS and the threadiquette thread, you should. Also, if you have a moderation question in the future, pm one of them, even if it makes you feel stupid or annoying. You will see that they are very helpful and not at all judgmental. jmo

What she means is if someone is responding to a post- but only to a portion of it, they may bold or snip the part they are referring to for emphasis. When they do that, they are being polite and letting everyone know that they did the bolding or the snipping and not the author. I don't think there is a reference to any mod "intervention." The moderators in this forum do an excellent job of keeping the threads on topic and trying to guide the members to post within TOS and etiquette. Moderation is not for everyone but most members appreciate it.

No one likes to wade through posts that are unrelated to the case, but they may have the same questions you do.Moving forward if you would be so kind as to direct your forum type questions to either of the linked areas below it would be helpful in keeping the threads on track and offtopic posts to a minimum.
Please do not respond to this post so we can end it here. :)
Thank you

Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Forum Finesse - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member