TX TX - Tony Pineda, 23, blind, Dallas, 7 Oct 2001

Bobby88

Whatever happened to Johnnie Herrera?
Reaction score
This is a case I stumbled upon on the Charley Project. Unfortunately, there's little in the way of info. I'm not sure who to contact to find out more information. I can't even find an email address for the Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pineda_tony.html

It states that Tony was "depressed and disoriented" at the time of his disappearance; the "disoriented" part intrigues me. Did he have other conditions that would have caused him to become disoriented and wander off? How long had he been blind? He appears blind in his graduation pic, but we don't know if that's from a high school graduation or college graduation. If it was the latter, given Tony's age when he vanished, could the blindness have been a recent occurence? If so, could he have become depressed about his sight loss that he wandered away to commit suicide?
Was he totally blind, or did he have some sight/light perception? Most people who are legally blind are not totally blind. Apparently, whatever sight he may have had was impaired enough for him to be classified "disabled missing" instead of just "missing" or "endangered missing". Was he living on his own at the time? Did he have a roommate?

Tony's handicap, along with his unusually short stature of 5'2" and the fact that he appeared to be noticeably disoriented, would make him stand out in a crowd. People would remember him, and it seems like a bad sign that they, as far as we know, don't.

This is sad , I cant find any info, I do have a friend with that last name in Dallas ill ask on FB if she knows anything about this?

This is sad , I cant find any info, I do have a friend with that last name in Dallas ill ask on FB if she knows anything about this?

Thanks.

Cases like this always bother me. Although Tony was an adult, the fact that he's classified as a disabled missing person gives the impression that he would have had trouble sustaining himself on his own.

My friend in Dallas not related . Darn!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Is there any back story on his family any pleas made via media? Any family across the border?

Is there any back story on his family any pleas made via media? Any family across the border?

Unfortunately, I don't know. There's almost no info about Tony to be found online other than his Charley Project page. Something tells me Tony may not have been able to sustain himself for very long on his own.

The link above does not work for me , i thought perhaps he was located but then I searched and found on CP so ia reposting it. Truly a sad sad story.

Tony Jhon Pineda – The Charley Project

• tony_jhon_pineda_1.jpg
  • tony_jhon_pineda_2.jpg
Pineda, circa 2001

• Missing Since10/07/2001
  • Missing FromDallas, Texas
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth07/04/1978 (40)
  • Age23 years old
  • Height and Weight5'2, 130 pounds
  • Medical ConditionsPineda is blind. He appeared to be depressed and disoriented at the time of his October 2001 disappearance. Pineda is classified as a disabled missing person.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsHispanic male. Black hair, blue eyes. Pineda has one blue eye and one green eye. He may have a mustache, beard or a goatee. Pineda has scars above his right eye and on the top of his head and a mole below his left eye. He may go by his initials, T.J.

• Pineda is blind. He appeared to be depressed and disoriented at the time of his October 2001 disappearance. Pineda is classified as a disabled missing person.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsHispanic male. Black hair, blue eyes. Pineda has one blue eye and one green eye. He may have a mustache, beard or a goatee. Pineda has scars above his right eye and on the top of his head and a mole below his left eye. He may go by his initials, T.J.

Hi. The missing person was a personal friend of mine growing up. I knew him since I was a kid as TJ, just as it’s posted on the Charley Project. Just to give everyone some clarity, he was legally blind since as far back as I can remember. He was a really sweet individual who loved music and TV shows like Perfect Strangers. The last interaction I ever had w/ him was at a barber shop in Amarillo TX back in 96-97. I heard about this happening through my dad. I lost complete contact from his family well before my friend went missing. Just as it was mentioned, it’s just so sad and painful knowing not only that he went missing, but that the case has gone cold for almost 20 years. If anyone has information that can break this case or knows something to either help locate him or give his family closure, please help. Thanks.

Hi! I am TJ sister. We still have not heard from TJ since he has gone missing. I did give a dna swab about a year ago but I haven't heard anything from that. I was trying to see if there are other online sights that have his information out there. TJ is just a year older than me and he was legally blind since birth. He went missing in Dallas, Tx where he lived with his wife. I'm not to sure if they were legally married but per TJ they were married. The lady he married was a lil sketchy. We learned she went by different alias. She had her kids taken from her. We also learned from TJ and the wife friend that the wife push TJ out of the car while it was still running at one point. So, their relationship was toxic. I don't know much about her and I have to look up her name because I don't remember it right now. But, if anyone has some information, please let me know. I think it's weirs that nobody knows nothing.

Thank you

Hi! I am TJ sister. We still have not heard from TJ since he has gone missing. I did give a dna swab about a year ago but I haven't heard anything from that. I was trying to see if there are other online sights that have his information out there. TJ is just a year older than me and he was legally blind since birth. He went missing in Dallas, Tx where he lived with his wife. I'm not to sure if they were legally married but per TJ they were married. The lady he married was a lil sketchy. We learned she went by different alias. She had her kids taken from her. We also learned from TJ and the wife friend that the wife push TJ out of the car while it was still running at one point. So, their relationship was toxic. I don't know much about her and I have to look up her name because I don't remember it right now. But, if anyone has some information, please let me know. I think it's weirs that nobody knows nothing.

Thank you

Hi, sorry for your brother missing status. There is a Bethany Kathleen Chesney with various aliases associated , eg surname Tom, Ervin and first name Alice?

Thank you

Hello, it would be helpful if you become a Verified Insider here for your brother's case so you can provide information freely here. Otherwise you are supposed to back up any facts, information, or stories that you post with links from mainstream media.

Here's a link with information:
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Hi, sorry for your brother missing status. There is a Bethany Kathleen Chesney with various aliases associated , eg surname Tom, Ervin and first name Alice?

I appreciate the wife name. We just got the missing record and i'm so upset because they don't even have her name anywhere on his report. Then they have the friend who reported him missing with my mom old phone number. I 'm truely shocked that they couldnt get ahold of the friend because she would not cooperate. I am calling the original detective to see if he has additional information on his case. This is truely upsetting. I do appreciate you adding the wife name. I do know she gave different names which is why we couldnt find it. Thank you again

I appreciate the wife name. We just got the missing record and i'm so upset because they don't even have her name anywhere on his report. Then they have the friend who reported him missing with my mom old phone number. I 'm truely shocked that they couldnt get ahold of the friend because she would not cooperate. I am calling the original detective to see if he has additional information on his case. This is truely upsetting. I do appreciate you adding the wife name. I do know she gave different names which is why we couldnt find it. Thank you again

There is quite a lot of info on Ancestry including family tree members, she also had a number of arrest records. She married in 2003. Unfortunately she passed in 2010. I can pm you if you want to know more. Hope you can find some answers.

I sent a PM to Tony’s sister, but since it‘s been nearly two years since she posted, it may go unanswered. I suggested that she reach out to missing persons podcasts such as Unfound and The Vanished to profile her brother’s case.

Such shows have been invaluable in profiling cases that have been largely ignored by the mainstream media, often opening new lines of inquiry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back