Found Deceased OK - Aja Johnson, 7, Geronimo, 24 January 2010 - #3

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

It sounds like the contents of the note will be released today.

Salem

Thread 2

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/31/oklahoma.bodies.found/?hpt=Sbin

By the CNN Wire Staff
March 31, 2010 5:31 p.m. EDT

(CNN) -- Two bodies found this week in Oklahoma are those of a murder suspect and his slain wife's missing 7-year-old daughter, authorities said Wednesday.

The bodies have been identified as Lester William Hobbs, 46, and Aja Daniell Johnson, authorities said at a Wednesday news conference.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Rest in Peace Aja.

NEWS 9 was told that in the note Hobbs blamed a host of people for recent events, including the death of his estranged wife, Tonya Hobbs, but he never blamed himself. He also poked fun at police in their inability to locate him.

A decade ago, Hobbs lived in a house not far from the crime scene in Norman. Bobie Ford knew Lester Hobbs when he lived there, and said after the abduction he suspected Hobbs would come back, so he called 911.

They said they would pass the information along, but they didn't have the police force to be able to come out here and patrol to look for him," Ford said

Norman police said they recalled a call like that.

We would go to that area and there was nothing we could confirm in that area whether they were camped out or staying in somebody's house," said Norman Police MPO Jennifer Newell.

http://www.news9.com/global/story.asp?s=12222803

OSBI defends investigation in case of missing girl

The agent in charge of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's search for a missing 7-year-old girl and her alleged abductor vigorously defended the agency's handling of the case Wednesday even as a state lawmaker criticized it.

Richard Goss, who leads the OSBI's Lawton office, said "each and every lead was followed up on and documented" as authorities searched for Aja Johnson and her stepfather, 46-year-old Lester Hobbs.
based on the decomposition of the bodies, they were likely at the scene for more than a month.

The state medical examiner's office Wednesday confirmed the identity of the bodies, although spokeswoman Cherokee Ballard said the cause and manner of death won't be determined until results from toxicology tests are received, which could take three to six weeks.

Rep. Richard Morrissette, D-Oklahoma City, said the OSBI didn't handle the investigation well.

"I think we need a full-fledged report on this investigation, day by day, what was going on in their agency to find Hobbs. He was right under our nose."

Morrissette noted the car was easily visible from the air.

Something went wrong here," Morrissette said. "I want to know, who knew about the tips and when did they know it? People around the lake ... had a suspicion (Hobbs) might be in the area.

"If you connect the dots as a regular investigation, it shouldn't have been that difficult."

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/def...ion-in-case-of-missing-girl-430390.php#page-1

I have to wonder how big of an impact inter-agency politics played in this case. Crossing county lines, dealing with state and federal all jumbled into one search can make for a horrible situation. Oriah and anyone else that was involved, can you speak to this? Certainly don't want you to create problems with agencies, but it seems this may have been a real issue.

One of the biggest issues I've always had in SAR work is dealing with mutual aid and how it can turn into a turf war and p**sing match between agencies. They somehow seem to forget why they're there (to find the MP). It is unbelievably frustrating and can really have a negative impact on the success of the search.

This is an extremely excellent blog. Mentions Oriah here at WS, This is a must read!

To those who might think “Aja will never see justice”. I say her justice was served when the sniveling coward Lester Hobbs expended his own energy to rid society of his own worthless self.

To Mildred A, you pathetic two-faced enabler of a murdering, cowardly abuser I have this to say: In the early days when hundreds of citizens braved freezing weather, dangerous conditions and risked their own health – heroes such as Oriah at Websleuths and the hundreds of angels like her who went day after day looking for Aja – not once did you stand before a microphone and try to reason with your brother to leave Aja in safety. Not once did you use the powers you had at your hands to plead for the safe return of that child.

while law enforcement agencies came together and worked to find your loathsome spawn of hell sibling,
In that month that apparently Aja was still alive, did you do anything to save her life?
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/?p=2139

Well....OSBI seems to be making themselves a reputation...and not a good one. Another case that is questioned....wow. I hope the families and friends of this angel and her mother find peace somehow, some way. When I first heard this my thought was, at least mom and daughter are together.

Now that LH has been confirmed dead, I'll put this information out in the open. While it's no longer of any use in the search, it might be relevant to the issue of when LH and Aja died.

In early March, I found a profile belonging to LH on a dating website. I was able to tell from that site that his account had logged in around Valentine's Day. I forwarded what I found to LE and continued to monitor him closely myself, but he didn't log in again. I suspect they died around that time, and that seems to fit with what LE is saying now. (Who knows.. maybe this is how LE knows they weren't out there the entire time they were missing).

I didn't make contact with LH personally, so it could have been LE that accessed the account in mid-February, but I don't think so.

Between finding the first dating profile and discovery of the bodies, a small group of sleuths organized and we put in many hours combing through dating websites looking for more evidence of LH (and there are a TON of sites). Speaking only for myself, I found a few additional profiles on different websites, all of which were forwarded to LE, though I was not able to determine when he had accessed those accounts. Of course, that is not to say LE couldn't.

Unfortunately, it was too late. :(

Anyway... bear this in mind when theorizing.

This is the email for the Oklahoma State Representative that has called for an investigation. Even though I don't live in Oklahoma, I sent him an email anyway. In the mailing I also asked for him to look into the DHS complaint. The below email address would be a good place to start complaining!

richardmorrissette@okhouse.gov

This email address was published by the state of Oklahoma so I assumed it was alright too put it here.

Now that LH has been confirmed dead, I'll put this information out in the open. While it's no longer of any use in the search, it might be relevant to the issue of when LH and Aja died.

In early March, I found a profile belonging to LH on a dating website. I was able to tell from that site that his account had logged in around Valentine's Day. I forwarded what I found to LE and continued to monitor him closely myself, but he didn't log in again. I suspect they died around that time, and that seems to fit with what LE is saying now. (Who knows.. maybe this is how LE knows they weren't out there the entire time they were missing).

I didn't make contact with LH personally, so it could have been LE that accessed the account in mid-February, but I don't think so.

Between finding the first dating profile and discovery of the bodies, a small group of sleuths organized and we put in many hours combing through dating websites looking for more evidence of LH (and there are a TON of sites). Speaking only for myself, I found a few additional profiles on different websites, all of which were forwarded to LE, though I was not able to determine when he had accessed those accounts. Of course, that is not to say LE couldn't.

Anyway... bear this in mind when theorizing.

What are you saying?? That he had access to a computer on February 14th? Where? OMG...

I don't believe Aja was alive past the 24th of January. Why oh why, would he keep her alive?

This is an extremely excellent blog. Mentions Oriah here at WS, This is a must read!

[/B]

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/?p=2139

Thanks RubyRed - your posts are always so great! The writing in this blog is terrific and the insights are unbelievable. The mention of all the hard work Oriah and her amazing dogs so selflessly contributed in the hunt to find Aja, is well deserved. All the WSers who volunteered their time and energy deserve our heartfelt thanks - Aja was/is so worth it.

She writes what I would not be able to put up here on WS - so here is the part I like best:

Lester’s remorse in those penned words is not to the life of Tonya Hobbs, and not to the life of Aja Johnson – a precious life he took for no reason – but to the remorse of his 2-dimensional existence and his barbaric actions squeezing him into an ever-tightening circle that he couldn’t break free from. His remorse will be consumed with HIMSELF. And as a precursor to those vacuous words I now state – I DON’T GIVE A ****, LESTER HOBBS. Your passing means nothing to the world except for the lives you took with you.

BBM
I SECOND EVERY WORD SHE WROTE!!! :heart: :applause:

Tonya Hobbs' Autopsy Released

The medical examiner's office has issued the autopsy results for Tonya Hobbs. It indicates that she had stab wounds to her neck and abdomen. Hobbs also suffered a blow to the head, from either a hammer or claw-type device.The medical examiner says there was a fracture to Hobbs' skull and swelling to her brain.Two days after Hobbs was found dead, her estranged husband, Lester Hobbs, was charged with first-degree murder.

http://www.koco.com/news/23020798/detail.html

now that lh has been confirmed dead, i'll put this information out in the open. While it's no longer of any use in the search, it might be relevant to the issue of when lh and aja died.

In early march, i found a profile belonging to lh on a dating website. I was able to tell from that site that his account had logged in around valentine's day. I forwarded what i found to le and continued to monitor him closely myself, but he didn't log in again. I suspect they died around that time, and that seems to fit with what le is saying now. (who knows.. Maybe this is how le knows they weren't out there the entire time they were missing).

I didn't make contact with lh personally, so it could have been le that accessed the account in mid-february, but i don't think so.

Between finding the first dating profile and discovery of the bodies, a small group of sleuths organized and we put in many hours combing through dating websites looking for more evidence of lh (and there are a ton of sites). Speaking only for myself, i found a few additional profiles on different websites, all of which were forwarded to le, though i was not able to determine when he had accessed those accounts. Of course, that is not to say le couldn't.

anyway... Bear this in mind when theorizing.

Thank you for all of your great ideas and time!!! (twice now I've tried to get that comment in caps - won't work - I'll bold it!)

I hope she wasn't alive 3 weeks later with him, for her sake. I hope that his account was accessed by someone else. That thought just makes me nauseous.

This is the email for the Oklahoma State Representative that has called for an investigation. Even though I don't live in Oklahoma, I sent him an email anyway. In the mailing I also asked for him to look into the DHS complaint. The below email address would be a good place to start complaining!

richardmorrissette@okhouse.gov

This email address was published by the state of Oklahoma so I assumed it was alright too put it here.

E-MAIL SENT! I don't live in OK either, but I sure do feel an investigation into all agencies regarding little Aja is warranted. Happy to send it!

What are you saying?? That he had access to a computer on February 14th? Where? OMG...

I don't believe Aja was alive past the 24th of January. Why oh why, would he keep her alive?

Taken together with what they've released about the note... that it "pokes fun" at LE for being unable to find him... I feel pretty confident that they were alive for a while. Maybe he kept her alive to use as a hostage, just in case.

Taken together with what they've released about the note... that it "pokes fun" at LE for being unable to find him... I feel pretty confident that they were alive for a while. Maybe he kept her alive to use as a hostage, just in case.
This whole thing makes me want to hold my children closer. So sad. Such a waste and loss of life.

New Article - 4/1/10

<snipped>

J.J. Johnson said Wednesday he learned of the note&#8217;s contents from investigators, adding that it only revealed the true character of his daughter&#8217;s killer.

"Lester went on in the note ... blaming all these people for his problems &#8212; Tonya, myself, his parents,&#8221; said Johnson, Aja&#8217;s father. "He named off all these people. Everyone but himself. What a coward.&#8221;

"I don&#8217;t want to see her that way,&#8221; Johnson said. "She&#8217;s been lying out there ... . All that&#8217;s left is hair and a skeleton. I don&#8217;t want to see that. I want to remember her like the last time I saw her, walking out of the house, saying, &#8216;I love you, Daddy.&#8217;&#8221;

Johnson wonders whether Tonya stepped in front of Aja to protect her from Lester.

"I was a pallbearer at her funeral, and they couldn&#8217;t put her hands on her chest because they were so badly mangled. That&#8217;s how much she tried to defend herself.&#8221;

"As far as the location where the car was ultimately found, the information that we received early on during the investigation from some of the family members was that there was a possibility that Lester Hobbs might go to the Denver Cemetery,&#8221; Goss said.

"The Denver Cemetery is located down the road to the west of the location where the car was found. The reason they suspected there might be a possibility he would go there is because he actually made the headstones for his parents&#8217; graves. We had that cemetery under surveillance for quite some time during the early stages of the investigation.&#8221;
Much more at link...

http://www.newsok.com/aja-johnsons-dad-says-note-revealed-killers-ire/article/3450534

Oh Aja, I know there are so many more missing children out there tonight, and I know you are at peace, and I know justice is done for the man that murdered you and your mother. But I wanted to bump you up one last time...so that we will not forget that you were an innocent, beautiful child with unlimited potential that was taken from you for ... absolutely nothing but selfishness. We worked so, so hard to find you and I'm so sorry we didn't get to you in time. My heart is heavy with your loss from this world tonight, but I know heaven opened it's door especially wide for you. Especially wide.

We got a call for a teenager an hour ago that we are going to go out on. Look down on her, please?

Thanks, beautiful child. Play, and rest in peace now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWEI8Y91dQ0

Oriah - thanks to you for all you have done - thanks to your amazing animals, your good heartedness, and never ending life spirit. I continue to be heartbroken and find myself impatient with other searches taking too much time to get started.

Thanks to you and JTSYS for all that you do for the missing - your work is invaluable. Take good care of yourelf! :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back