SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the third female to vanish in the Myrtle Beach, SC and surrounding area in the last 8 years' -, Britanee Drexel, Crystal Soles, and now 'Heather Elvis'.. The resemblance between Britanee & Heather should not be disregarded, imo.

Hard to say if any will turn out to be related but if we're making lists might as well add Susan Kay DeLuca to it. Although older than the others mentioned, her case does involve a boat landing in Horry county.

Hard to say if any will turn out to be related but if we're making lists might as well add Susan Kay DeLuca to it. Although older than the others mentioned, her case does involve a boat landing in Horry county.

Kareem Ward's car was also found in the Little Pee Dee near Gallivant's Ferry.

Was her cell phone and purse left behind or are they also missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.carolinalive.com/m/news/story?id=985850#.UrxYvfq9Kc0
According to this and other articles authorities have been searching the intracoastal waterway at Peachtree landing, where her car was found. Now it is being reported that her car was found at the "old Peachtree Landing" which is not on the Intracoastal Waterway, it is on the Waccamaw River. Is this just bad reporting? At Which Peachtree Landing was her car found? I'm even more confused now

According to this and other articles authorities have been searching the intracoastal waterway at Peachtree landing, where her car was found. Now it is being reported that her car was found at the "old Peachtree Landing" which is not on the Intracoastal Waterway, it is on the Waccamaw River. Is this just bad reporting? At Which Peachtree Landing was her car found? I'm even more confused now

Peachtree Landing goes into the Waccamaw River but the Waccamaw River is connected to the intracoastal waterway. I thought I read in one article they said they were searching the intracoastal waterway NEAR peachtree landing. There is only one peachtree landing.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_1d576166-6a6f-11e3-bcda-0019bb30f31a.html

Ok, this article does actually say she was last seen at the White River address. I know we were wondering earlier if she was last seen there or if her cell phone pinged there. Yet again I'm wondering if this is her address or her parents.

This article also states
A missing persons poster shared by the Horry County Sheriff's Office states that Elvis was last heard from around 3 a.m. Tuesday.

Her last known location was at about 2 a.m. Tuesday on White River Drive just off River Oaks Drive in the Carolina Forest area

Which puts us back on Tuesday morning around the time of the crash/shooting instead of Wednesday. I wish we had a clear answer as to when she was last seen.

The address given in at least a couple MSM articles is 6699 State Road S-26-611, Socastee, SC, 29588. That seems to be the dead end boat landing, along the river.

Does "dropped her off at her house" mean Heather's house of her mother's house? Why would she call her roommate? Either she was at her house and her roommate was still out, or she was at her mothers and called her roommate from there. Very confusing.

I was told by a family friend that Heather's roommate was out of town. If that is accurate, it would account for why Heather would call the roommate.

BBM. It would be helpful to have a description of items Heather carried with her regularly or wore such as her phone, jewelry, clothes, purse, wallet (etc). Maybe someone has seen or found an item of significance but doesn't know it yet. JMO.

I have looked at all the photos I can find of Heather. In those, I saw one that showed a "compass point" type tattoo on her left forearm. I also saw a long keychain with a large red heart and some sort of store discount tag attached. Of course, she had Dodge keys for her car, too. And in one photo from 2012, I saw a pink cell phone case on a smart phone (but not an iPhone). JMO, but the cell phone case could have changed since the photo taken in 2012. Most photos I have seen do not show a treasured piece of jewelry that she wears a lot. However, I did see a few with hoop earrings, along with a couple different necklaces.

From all the media reports, the people quoted and from Heather's own postings here and there, I don't think she has a steady boyfriend. I can't imagine LE or MSM not mentioning the boyfriend, IF there was one. Also, I can't fathom that a boyfriend wouldn't come out with an appeal for her safe return by now. JMO speculation: No boyfriend.

Heather does seem to have a small cliche of female friends. She works a lot, too. My guess is - like others - Heather went by her parents' house to check mail Tuesday. Then, went on to work Tuesday night. Got off sometime that evening and drove home (hers or her mother's??). Her date picked her up from there. He dropped her off (at "home") around 2:00am. She called her roommate around 3:00am and was not heard from after that. IF we say she was at her mother's home when her date picked her up, she would have had to drive home from there...and during that drive from her mother's home (possibly the White River Dr address) to her apartment/condo, she disappeared. JMO! Rip it apart...or add to it. :)

What in the world was she doing out at 3:00 in the morning?

IMO, this is an abduction.

Agree! I'd be surprised if this is not an abduction. It's best to not be alone late at night/early morning.... that's when in so many cases I've followed some bad happens. Thinking of Lauren Spierer, Mickey Shunick,,,, but then bad things can happen anytime when destiny/fate places a person at the wrong place, wrong time... so it not so much the hour, but more of being alone someplace isolated...

Babbling on.... I find in so many cases LE is very quick to go out searching, but hope there are resources available to quickly secure and view as much surveillance media as can be gotten of surrounding areas and prior places a person was at.

I dunno. If this were an abduction, her car would most likely have been found at the point of abduction. Could've been a carjacking type deal I suppose.

ok, So date dropped her off at 2:00 a.m. and roommate says she called at 3:00 a.m. and then she just vanishes?

I'm very surprised this thread isn't generating more interest. We don't live in Myrtle Beach, but own timeshares, and go there every year for many, many years. This is very disturbing and, although one can never be too careful, i often thank God that I have only sons- I would be petrified if I had teenage daughters and had to decide between letting them be independent, as teenagers need to learn to be, and worrying that something like this would happen. Prayers for Heather, and to her family. I would never wish anyone to go through what Dawn Drexel has gone through for all these years. I imagine Heather's mom is too distraught to make a statement/plea at this point :(

There is a lot of missing information here. Makes me think LE has some ideas and are following up behind the scenes. I pray this is so.

There is a lot of missing information here. Makes me think LE has some ideas and are following up behind the scenes. I pray this is so.

Speaking of missing info, nosysw. I'm having difficulty locating the WNCT TV Heather Elvis missing article from 12/24/2013 on their facebook page; Reward increased to $11,000 as search continues for Myrtle Beach woman
Posted: Dec 23, 2013 6:00 PM EST
Updated: Dec 24, 2013 7:02 PM EST
By WBTW News Staffhttp://www.wnct.com/story/24292418/11000-reward-offered-for-missing-myrtle-beach-woman

But I did find this: Join us for a busy A block starting at 5:00! Unfortunately there's no lull in crime at Christmas. For more on these stories, visit our website at http://www.wnct.com/
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...7994266759.168639.133877811759&type=1&theater

It's possible that either her date really didn't leave and he came back or someone was waiting in her apartment for her...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Margarita - I don't know how to do the map thing like you did, but you should make one for the following points.

A) 105 Sly Fox Trail, Myrtle Beach, SC - presumably her dad's house
B) 6699 Peach Tree Rd, Myrtle Beach, SC - where her car was found
C) 4481 Socastee Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC - location of fatal crash stemming from shooting

Could this be related to that fatal car crash stemming from a shooting that occurred December 17 around 5am?

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/12/17/3908521/fatal-crash-reported-in-socastee.html

Here is a screencap of the googlemap Margarita made. I will try to keep up with the thread (and any new links or map points that are added), and update the thread.

I can't find the OP, but here is the link to Margarita's map, which includes Ashley286's points in the above quote.....

Hope this helps....

[URL=http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/kimi_SFC/media/HeatherElvisWSmap_zps06926bae.png.html][/URL]

via GoogleMapbyMargarita

Thank you so much waltzingmatilda. How are ya? I should have realized that. I noticed people posting about the incident so thought I'd look at that aspect. I didn't even notice the date discrepancy. Thank you!

Side note- hope everyone had a nice holiday. Xox :heart:

Merry Christmas JG!!!

The discrepancy is not bothering me. These guys are hiding out somewhere, looking for a way to get out of the area. So I have not discounted a chance encounter with Heather.

But if they needed wheels and that was their primary motivation, why ditch her car in the same area they are being sought in? Wouldn't they try to get as far away as they could then ditch the car?

Whooah, blown margins. Mods, please fix.

thanx for sharing rizzo0904...The awareness generated in Heather Elvis's case is already paying dividends, imo.

Sniped from the very informative update article:

Search for Heather Elvis to "kick up a notch" this weekend..
Monica Caison with the CUE Center said it's almost like Heather just vanished.
This weekend the search for Heather will expand.
*Caison wants to call out to experienced boaters and fishermen that have boats and can help search to contact her directly at 910-343-1131

WIS TV FACEBOOK PAGE &scroll down for article/comments)
https://www.facebook.com/WIS10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member