Found Deceased Canada - Genevieve Cormier, 19, St John, NB, 29 Sept 2013 - #2

Well here we are done and dusted. Guess I knew this was going to be the conclusion. With no crime scene found in water.... Just wish I could agree with this opinion. Cannot and I know others in this city who feel the same.
Add me to the list, Sandpiper.
smiley-greet010.gif

Well here we are done and dusted. Guess I knew this was going to be the conclusion. With no crime scene found in water.... Just wish I could agree with this opinion. Cannot and I know others in this city who feel the same.

Me too, Sandpiper. I just can't agree with their conclusion.

Add me to that list. I only hope that the family are at peace with whatever the conclusion is.

It would be somewhat comforting if someone had the autopsy information and relay what made the coroner come to the conclusion it was either accidental or suicide. That would put so much worrying to rest kwim? I have to wonder if Gen's family is accepting one or the other and if so why? JMO.

It would be somewhat comforting if someone had the autopsy information and relay what made the coroner come to the conclusion it was either accidental or suicide. That would put so much worrying to rest kwim? I have to wonder if Gen's family is accepting one or the other and if so why? JMO.
Or maybe it wouldn't be quieting at all.

The reports could help with our conclusions; but, perhaps, it is our opinions which need avoiding.

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to Genevieve's family. I don't believe they are solely behind the secrecy.

Another case of no foul play, so it must be suicide -
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234995&page=8

Whenever I read of a young woman who's death appears to be suicide, I think of Genevieve - so sad!
Same here.

I note that lady at your link is only 5'2" tall and weighed 100 lbs. That is a tiny little woman, no matter how athletic she was. :(

The five month marker for Genevieve's disappearance is fast approaching. Honestly, I think of Genevieve everyday.

I think of Genevieve, Yeonhee, and Shelby. I pray for justice that I know will never come, and I pray for a miracle that no other woman will have to face what they did.

It's time for all women in Saint John to be alert. Not scared--just alert. When they go out, they need to stay in their groups and all leave together.

Just stay with their friends and watch out for each other.

1zy7bet.png
2enc5rd.gif
2enc5rd.gif
2enc5rd.gif

Same here.

I note that lady at your link is only 5'2" tall and weighed 100 lbs. That is a tiny little woman, no matter how athletic she was. :(

The five month marker for Genevieve's disappearance is fast approaching. Honestly, I think of Genevieve everyday.

I think of Genevieve, Yeonhee, and Shelby. I pray for justice that I know will never come, and I pray for a miracle that no other woman will have to face what they did.

It's time for all women in Saint John to be alert. Not scared--just alert. When they go out, they need to stay in their groups and all leave together.

Just stay with their friends and watch out for each other.

1zy7bet.png
2enc5rd.gif
2enc5rd.gif
2enc5rd.gif

All said so well!
It's interesting to compare Genevieve to Leanne in the case I linked to.

For Leanne, suicide (sad to say) fits into something that might take place considering the dramatic turn her life needed to take upon returning from a lifestyle she appeared to love, to one that seemed like there was nothing left to live for..
So different a story for Gen.... making Gen's death seem all the more illogical.

RIP Gen. Another beautiful soul gone too soon. Hoping Gen's family are seeking answers if they haven't already gotten them.

So, not foul play, not suicide.... I wonder why LE isn't saying what they believe did happen ... Was the COD drowning? Their silence is deafening.

My most sincere condolences to Beth McNeilly and family, I'm so sorry for your loss. :rose:

[h=1]SJPD To Lay Charge Relating To The Death of Gavin Adams[/h]Posted on Monday, November 24, 2014
Gavin%20Adams.JPG

City police laying charges in relation to the death of Gavin Adam nearly a year ago.
The body of Gavin Adams was found on December 16th following a large two-day search.
A 26 year old man is due in provincial court tomorrow on charges related to the death of Gavin Adams and several drug related charges.
Following Gavin's death, City police issued a public advisory concerned a drug referred to as 25i.
It's can be offered on small square pieces of paper otherwise known as blotter and commonly mistaken for LSD.
25i is illegal in the U.S. where it has been attributed to many deaths.
Gavin's family are grateful to City police for their efforts to clarify the circumstances of Gavin's death.

I'll be curious to see who is charged and whether they knew Gen............

My apologies if this would be considered off-topic to Genevieve's thread.

However, this is another female body discovered at Long Wharf--which is the wharf where the bodies of Yeonhee Choi and Shelby Williams were found, (at 6 month intervals.)

Genevieve (in the next 6 month interval,) was found across the harbour, but vanished from the opposite end of the same path as Yeonhee Choi.

Now, this is another female body; found almost 2 years to the date of Yeonhee Choi's disappearance.

Coincidence? Another suicide? :no:

For a quick review of the dates and locations connecting Genevieve, Yeonhee, and Shelby; you can take a look at a short blog post I made to keep some of the details together.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/entry.php?1371-Shelby-Yeonhee-and-Genevieve

Below are links to articles on the most recent female victim. It appears they are having trouble confirming identity.
-----

Body recovered from Saint John Harbour
Foul play not suspected, but investigation ongoing
CBC NewsPosted: Apr 14, 2015 11:24 AM AT|Last Updated: Apr 14, 2015 1:58 PM AT

2vaxm6c.jpg

The Saint John Police Force is investigating after a body was discovered floating in the Saint John Harbour at Long Wharf on Tuesday morning.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/body-recovered-from-saint-john-harbour-1.3032083?cmp=rss
-----

Body pulled from Saint John Harbour undergoing autopsy
Police trying to determine woman's identity, cause of death
CBC News
Posted:Apr 15, 2015 11:08 AM AT
Last Updated:Apr 15, 2015 11:08 AM AT

The body is that of a woman, she confirmed.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/newbrunswick/story/1.3033677
-----

Anyway, just food for thought from an old, opinionated grump.

I am trying to open the link to the timeline and it won't let me???

Makes you wonder why they never find male bodies in the harbour. Isn't the suicide rate for males much higher?

My apologies if this would be considered off-topic to Genevieve's thread.

However, this is another female body discovered at Long Wharf--which is the wharf where the bodies of Yeonhee Choi and Shelby Williams were found, (at 6 month intervals.)

Genevieve (in the next 6 month interval,) was found across the harbour, but vanished from the opposite end of the same path as Yeonhee Choi.

Now, this is another female body; found almost 2 years to the date of Yeonhee Choi's disappearance.

Coincidence? Another suicide? :no:

For a quick review of the dates and locations connecting Genevieve, Yeonhee, and Shelby; you can take a look at a short blog post I made to keep some of the details together.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/entry.php?1371-Shelby-Yeonhee-and-Genevieve

Below are links to articles on the most recent female victim. It appears they are having trouble confirming identity.
-----

Body recovered from Saint John Harbour
Foul play not suspected, but investigation ongoing
CBC NewsPosted: Apr 14, 2015 11:24 AM AT|Last Updated: Apr 14, 2015 1:58 PM AT

2vaxm6c.jpg

The Saint John Police Force is investigating after a body was discovered floating in the Saint John Harbour at Long Wharf on Tuesday morning.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/body-recovered-from-saint-john-harbour-1.3032083?cmp=rss
-----

Body pulled from Saint John Harbour undergoing autopsy
Police trying to determine woman's identity, cause of death
CBC News
Posted:Apr 15, 2015 11:08 AM AT
Last Updated:Apr 15, 2015 11:08 AM AT

The body is that of a woman, she confirmed.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/newbrunswick/story/1.3033677
-----

Anyway, just food for thought from an old, opinionated grump.

Wonder if there has been a report of a missing female from that area recently?

There is nobody missing that I am aware of recently........god only knows if we will ever hear anything more on this :(

Almost the same size and clothing Yeonee was last seen wearing...high boots,black leather jacket.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back