MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me think they don't have any DNA evidence or other physical evidence that ties anyone to her murder. :(

I agree, SteveP, that this could very well be a solid indication that the DNA evidence was either nonexistent or not helpful, and we all know what happened with the other physical evidence, so there's no need to rehash that for the umpteenth time... but, on the bright side, I have seen convictions on murder cases where there wasn't even a body, let alone DNA evidence, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that the FBI/DEA/ATF are building an otherwise strong case, and are just seeking that one witness to come forward to corroborate. Further, I have seen that once one witness comes forward, they start falling like dominos. Fingers crossed this is the case here!

I agree, SteveP, that this could very well be a solid indication that the DNA evidence was either nonexistent or not helpful, and we all know what happened with the other physical evidence, so there's no need to rehash that for the umpteenth time... but, on the bright side, I have seen convictions on murder cases where there wasn't even a body, let alone DNA evidence, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that the FBI/DEA/ATF are building an otherwise strong case, and are just seeking that one witness to come forward to corroborate. Further, I have seen that once one witness comes forward, they start falling like dominos. Fingers crossed this is the case here!

I agree, and I haven't given up hope that this will be solved. Call me crazy, but I believe it will be solved. I was just so hoping that poor Jessica had some murderer's DNA under her fingernails or, God forbid, inside her, that would point the finger of justice straight to someone, and I am rapidly losing hope in that aspect. JMO.

I agree, not shabby at all, but still not enough to move your whole family and everyone you love to a far away place with complete anonymity in order to not be retaliated against. Seriously tho, I wonder what exactly the 'magic number' will be? How much money is a person wanting to gain by helping with the investigation? It is clearly not about doing the right thing, or they would have BEEN spoken up by now. I also am aware that in human nature, time does start to eat away at some people, and their conscience will catch up with them, and they will either break under pressure and say something, or perhaps get drunk/high/whatever and slip up somehow. Who knows... JMO

BBM. You're assuming they have a conscience. I don't see how a normal human being could go to sleep at night, every night with that burning car in their minds eye, or Jessica's screams in their ears. Something like that, you just don't forget it, not if you're human.

I just read this. from this link...http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/27594800/police-gruesome-details-reveal-how-teen-was-burned-alive

"They squirted lighter fluid down her throat and in her nose, and apparently they knocked her out," her father, Ben Chambers, told the station as he fought back tears. "She had a big gash on top of her head."

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"When the fire department got there, she was walking down the road on fire ... only part of her body that wasn't burned was the bottom of her feet," said Chambers, an employee of the Panola Country Sheriff's Department.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And in the latest release, press conference when he mentioned no street chatter. He/she were referring to snitches. There snitches have not heard anything on the street, and have nothing to report.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A lot of LEOS from many departments and the governor are involved in this case. Visit the link site no discussion on this case. Has a lot of information with lots of visual aids to view.[/FONT]

Amen, Amen, and AMEN. My only input to add to this dead-on post of yours, is something that I have mentioned before... I would hope that, publicly, authorities would state in some fashion, that they are willing to protect any witnesses. I could be wrong, but I have not seen that anywhere thus far. Whether or not they could in fact provide this protection is another topic completely, but I feel that if someone involved were to see that they could be protected and get over 50 grand, they might be more inclined to speak up. $53,000 is a great deal of money, but is it enough to relocate an entire family? An extended family? We all know by now that Panola County is small and intertwined, with families having multiple generations still present in the area. Yes, I could take the $53,000 and run, but what about my grandma? My cousins? Aunts? Somebody will be retaliated against, I have no doubt about that. I feel that this is the reason why nobody has spoken up thus far. MOO/IMO/all that. Great post, ffj.

I don't think some people understand what's required for the federal witness protection program honestly. That Lanai (sp?) woman, the one involved in the Manson murders, she got it right? All you have to do is prove the perpetrators have the reach to get a hold of you, and the resources to make it happen. Now even if it isn't gang related, if you can tie one of the perps to any of the gangs, you've met the requirements. By gangs I'm not isolating the GDs, the VLs, but the Royals, the White Aryan Nation, or the KKK. Gang means many things. People do get hit even in Witness protection though, they have to make the greed exceed the fear. I feel good about 50k, but I'd feel great about 100k. I can't understand why the reward is still so low. I know if I had the means, I'd forego this years new Mercedes to give that child some peace. I don't understand why Federal LE doesn't have the means to make that happen.

You have a very valid point about retaliation. I lived so long as an emancipated child and most of my adult life estranged from my family that I forget many people do have extended families to consider.

ETA: The name of the manson family member I was thinking about was Linda Kasabian, damn this stroke addled brain. Also I was wrong, while she was afforded protection during the trial she didn't enter the witness protection program afterward. However the circumstances I quoted are valid. Even if it were a group of local thugs, proving the need for protection would be trivial. The scope of protection would be dependent on the perceived threat.

So true, ffj, so true. How much was in the fund that was disbursed to JC's folks? I was certain that they would throw every cent towards the reward... I don't recall ever reading anything after the JFJ page thanked everyone for donating, and confirmed the family had received the funds. Also, there are plenty of people out there who are rich beyond belief... Unfortunately this case hasn't been publicized by MSM enough to get anyone's attention. I sincerely wish that somebody with a great deal of experience in PR managing the families of victims of crime would step up, and represent JC here- go knocking on doors, seeking media coverage, seeking reward donations, seeking funds for a respectable private investigator, seeking justice. I feel that the right person getting involved with sincerity in their quest for justice, for answers, for Jessica; could change the game here, so to speak. It's the squeaky wheel that gets greased, IMO.

I don't think some people understand what's required for the federal witness protection program honestly. That Lanai (sp?) woman, the one involved in the Manson murders, she got it right? All you have to do is prove the perpetrators have the reach to get a hold of you, and the resources to make it happen. Now even if it isn't gang related, if you can tie one of the perps to any of the gangs, you've met the requirements. By gangs I'm not isolating the GDs, the VLs, but the Royals, the White Aryan Nation, or the KKK. Gang means many things. People do get hit even in Witness protection though, they have to make the greed exceed the fear. I feel good about 50k, but I'd feel great about 100k. I can't understand why the reward is still so low. I know if I had the means, I'd forego this years new Mercedes to give that child some peace. I don't understand why Federal LE doesn't have the means to make that happen.

You have a very valid point about retaliation. I lived so long as an emancipated child and most of my adult life estranged from my family that I forget many people do have extended families to consider.

So true, ffj, so true. How much was in the fund that was disbursed to JC's folks? I was certain that they would throw every cent towards the reward... I don't recall ever reading anything after the JFJ page thanked everyone for donating, and confirmed the family had received the funds. Also, there are plenty of people out there who are rich beyond belief... Unfortunately this case hasn't been publicized by MSM enough to get anyone's attention. I sincerely wish that somebody with a great deal of experience in PR managing the families of victims of crime would step up, and represent JC here- go knocking on doors, seeking media coverage, seeking reward donations, seeking funds for a respectable private investigator, seeking justice. I feel that the right person getting involved with sincerity in their quest for justice, for answers, for Jessica; could change the game here, so to speak. It's the squeaky wheel that gets greased, IMO.

You know, that's something I hadn't even considered, now not as an individual person that's too much potential for fraud, but I wonder if there would be any possible way that WS would be affiliated with hosting a ******** resource for Jessica's reward. I know there was one fake fundraiser for Jessica, but if it were sponsored by WS... :thinking:

BBM. You're assuming they have a conscience. I don't see how a normal human being could go to sleep at night, every night with that burning car in their minds eye, or Jessica's screams in their ears. Something like that, you just don't forget it, not if you're human.
I totally agree with you. Also, since the known gangs are vast, powerful, and spread out across the nation, it would be nearly impossible to just go invisible. Whoever can't sleep at night because they are seeing and hearing JC's death over and over are also envisioning this happening to anyone they love dearly, including themselves, if they snitch.

I don't believe there is no street talk because there was only one or even two killers; I think it's quiet out of sheer fear and terror. And, oh yeah, out of the false pride that goes with "loyalty fam", that too. [emoji85]

You know everybody in Cortland has an opinion who did this. So maybe the reward will make them get busy sleuthing to find the the proof that's needed.

And now that I've said that I'll contradict myself. People in a small town stick together; they need each other.

I would think any phone that isn't an iPhone would probably get the battery dislodged if thrown, as opposed to just being dropped. One thing I have never heard, and would be interested in knowing, when the phone was found, without the battery, was the back still on the phone, or was it separated from the phone? If the back was still on the phone, that would be very telling that the battery was intentionally removed. JMO

As a teacher, I see/hear phones falling on the floor and breaking apart on almost a daily basis in my classroom. I'd say about half of the phones that simply drop out of a kid's back pocket while they're sitting down end up coming apart when they hit the linoleum tiles. It doesn't take much for many phones.

And yes, I am a devoted Otter box user, too. With one of my teenage daughters constantly losing or destroying her phone, I can't afford for anything to happen to mine, too! :D

And now that I've said that I'll contradict myself. People in a small town stick together; they need each other.

And here I was thinking I was the only one who immediately opposed my own arguments. :)

Gnight Han, gnight WS. Exhausted tonight. :countsheep::bed:

You know, that's something I hadn't even considered, now not as an individual person that's too much potential for fraud, but I wonder if there would be any possible way that WS would be affiliated with hosting a ******** resource for Jessica's reward. I know there was one fake fundraiser for Jessica, but if it were sponsored by WS... :thinking:

While this sounds like a wonderful and well-intentioned idea, I would suspect that WS would encounter too many difficulties in setting up such a fund, not the least of which would be that on a forum dedicated to helping find missing people and/or helping serve justice for victims by responsible sleuthing, how would you go about deciding that one particular case is more worthy than another of having reward money associated with it? I wonder if this type of proposal has been presented to WS owners in the past?

Sounds like an accounting nightmare, but it would be wonderful if I were entirely wrong.

While this sounds like a wonderful and well-intentioned idea, I would suspect that WS would encounter too many difficulties in setting up such a fund, not the least of which would be that on a forum dedicated to helping find missing people and/or helping serve justice for victims by responsible sleuthing, how would you go about deciding that one particular case is more worthy than another of having reward money associated with it? I wonder if this type of proposal has been presented to WS owners in the past?

Sounds like an accounting nightmare, but it would be wonderful if I were entirely wrong.

There are actual crowd sourcing sites that already do the accounting for you. There is no way in hell I'd recommend adding it as a feature to WS, the administrative nightmare alone is enough deterrent, not to mention the additional security concerns, penetration testing and injection testing for the servers, or even the software to implement such an idea. I merely intended WS as the sponsor on an existing available platform, rather than an individual.

I don't think I was very clear the first time around, or maybe I was :) Too tired, really going to :bed: now

But all posts posted on Websleuths are supposed to be supported by facts/links .... I too wish that all posts not supported by facts/links = inuendo, gossip, hearsay, hysteria, self-promotion etc. concerning the family be deleted. Many people have disparaged members of JC's family by what they've told or not told the media and their demeanor during those interviews. Until or unless some of the negative posters here go through what JC's family has gone through then you have no right to judge the demeanor or content of their interviews.

I see that I forgot to mention that the people and posts I was refering to are in no way coming from Websleuths. I befriended that specific individual on Facebook in order to see what I could learn from what he *knew*. From what I saw, all he does is bash and accuse people without backing up anything.

This is why I like Websleuths. It's sometimes hard to not be able to talk about what we see on SM but at least what we do is ethical. :thumb:

Amen, Amen, and AMEN. My only input to add to this dead-on post of yours, is something that I have mentioned before... I would hope that, publicly, authorities would state in some fashion, that they are willing to protect any witnesses. I could be wrong, but I have not seen that anywhere thus far. Whether or not they could in fact provide this protection is another topic completely, but I feel that if someone involved were to see that they could be protected and get over 50 grand, they might be more inclined to speak up. $53,000 is a great deal of money, but is it enough to relocate an entire family? An extended family? We all know by now that Panola County is small and intertwined, with families having multiple generations still present in the area. Yes, I could take the $53,000 and run, but what about my grandma? My cousins? Aunts? Somebody will be retaliated against, I have no doubt about that. I feel that this is the reason why nobody has spoken up thus far. MOO/IMO/all that. Great post, ffj.

You are so right. And many of the older citizens would just refuse to leave. We see that time and time again in hurricanes. They've lived there their whole lives and aren't going to leave for any reason. Hopefully, someone who doesn't have a long family history in the area will come forward.

I have to say that the realization of this - and I can't believe I didn't consider it before, given my own long family history - is very discouraging.

I agree, and I haven't given up hope that this will be solved. Call me crazy, but I believe it will be solved. I was just so hoping that poor Jessica had some murderer's DNA under her fingernails or, God forbid, inside her, that would point the finger of justice straight to someone, and I am rapidly losing hope in that aspect. JMO.

From your lips to God's ears.

I will continue to pray for resolution. Goodnight all.

What happened to the "thank" button? Will it be brought back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998