Do you think Ms Huckaby acted alone?

Do you think Ms Huckaby acted alone in this crime?

• Yes

Votes: 126 44.7%
  • No

Votes: 89 31.6%
  • I don't know

Votes: 67 23.8%

• Total voters
All I could honestly vote was " I don't know" because I don't think we do know if any more arrests are forthcoming.

I don't base my thoughts on the fact that she's a woman, and a mother, because I know that women/ mothers do kill children. But- they kill their own children or children placed in their care ( babysitters, step-mothers, etc). Not a neighbor who could have just closed the door on the little girl and not had any responsibility for her in any way.
I think the most bizarre thing to come out of this thus far is the way she spilled her guts to the media, apparently without restraint. Self- preservation is our most basic instinct.
It's even more startling because she is already in legal trouble. She's not a naive kid. She knows what it's like to be handcuffed, fingerprinted, booked, photographed, searched, valuables removed, and placed in a holding cell while someone bailed her out.
Something's obviously seriously wrong with her mental processes, whether she did this alone or with an accomplice.
I can't really understand how she was " together" enough to dump little Sandra's body m the country in that horrid sludge pool full of cow manure runoff and get herself back home. There are reasons they keep searchng the church and the shed. Maybe its's all related to Melissa, but maybe not..
So, no, I'm not sure if she committed all aspects of the crime alone.

BTW, the completely tied poll at this point goes along with societal perceptions, generally, of female perps... very interesting.

Juxtapose a male for the perp and see if you can see what I mean... would your vote be different?

Yes, my vote would be different. It is very unusual for a woman to kidnap and kill a child. Not that it couldn't happen. I think we've all seen that there is no limit to what a given person might do.

Why was she in such a hurry to get to the church and couldn't find her car keys?
Was she late to 'meet' someone and he/they would be mad?
Plan was to deliver Sandra at a certain time for internet show?

I dont know yet, something just tells me we have not heard the end of this.
Maybe by herself in this case, but could she have been involved with other cases of child abuse less than murder.

I think she had help disposing of the body...I just can't get that witnesses accounting of seeing an older, oddly acting man out of my head! Truck parked near the pond facing the wrong direction.

I think she had help disposing of the body...I just can't get that witnesses accounting of seeing an older, oddly acting man out of my head! Truck parked near the pond facing the wrong direction.

That's the part that I have problems with too. A LE cadet saw the man and noticed many details, apparently.

From what we now know from LE, I think she acted alone, but others in her circle did know about that supposed note that she found giving the name of Whitehall street. FW or even another acquaintance with a Silverado could have went out there searching. They may have even suspected her. I don't know about Johnny's account unless it was just a sincere mistaken

I believe MH acted alone. I do not believe she is mental to the point of not knowing what she was doing. Maybe drugs were involved. Will she be tested for drugs? I doubt it.

I hope she confessed.

I voted "acted alone" because when I watched the video of Lawless and his wife, they seemed so calm (at least the wife did) and said they were cooperating with the police. I didn't get the feeling they were hiding anything.

And it happened so quickly that I can't see how she could have told very many people, nor would she have wanted them to know.

From what we now know from LE, I think she acted alone, but others in her circle did know about that supposed note that she found giving the name of Whitehall street. FW or even another acquaintance with a Silverado could have went out there searching. They may have even suspected her. I don't know about Johnny's account unless it was just a sincere mistaken

The person who saw the Silverado truck is not Johnny Williams. :)
Johnny Williams reported a man in a boat on a body of water with a little girl in the boat, apparently sitting up.
Stephen Memory, a Stockton Police Cadet, reported this sighting very shortly after the murder to LE, and is a police academy cadet. A person working through training to join LE. I believe he should be a very credible source.
Going by the timeline we have, I do not think the public knew anything about the ponds on the date the man was seen and reported by the police cadet.

Obviously FWill knew about the note since he was the one who placed it on the ground, propped up by the trees. IMO, he was watched leaving the note by LE.

JMO, at this time,
Maria

Edited to add: I finally found one of the media reports about this.
Here is the link:
http://www.kolotv.com/californianews/headlines/42831002.html

Snipped info from above link:
"A local resident says he saw a man "acting real strange" at an irrigation pond three days before eight-year-old Sandra Cantu's body was found in a suitcase pulled from the water.
After the gruesome discovery, Stockton police cadet Stephen Memory, 19, said he spoke to the FBI about what he saw.
Memory reported that he thought it was odd to see a beige Chevrolet Silverado truck parked on the shoulder of the road facing in the wrong direction on the afternoon of April 3. Sandra's body was found April 6.
The driver - a white man in his late 40s or early 50s wearing a white baseball cap and gray T-shirt - appeared to be looking down at the ditch beside the road, said Memory, who lives with his parents and sister at a house near the pond. Only four or five cars travel the remote road, which is a dead end, on a typical day, he noted.
"He was acting real strange," Memory said Friday of the driver. "I drove by real slow to get a good look at him. He looked at me real quick and then he turned away. I just kept going."
The FBI referred questions to Tracy police. Sgt. Tony Sheneman said Friday he was not aware of Memory's report and declined to comment on specifics of the pending investigation."

I'm not accusing LE or FBI of lying.

I cannot for the life of me understand how, or why, she would do this alone.

I seem to remember LE stating for the first few days that they didn't believe there had been foul play, or that she was in danger (or something along those lines), either.

My feelings won't be hurt if you don't agree with me...

That is part of the beauty of 'Websleuths', we can agree to disagree, while still respecting the other person's ability to have a differing opinion.
:blowkiss:

---
Also, in the pressers after the suitcase had been found but not removed yet, LE spokesman stated that they had no indication that a body was in the suitcase. At the same time, Medical Examiner car was on site and suitcase was put into a bodybag and wisked away to the coroner's office.

Fred Williams has peaked my suspicous nature. I would like to know more about he and Huckaby's relationship to each other.

I voted acted with someone else. If it were HER daughter who was murdered, I'd say alone. Something is hinktacular with murdering someone else's little girl.

Sgt. Tony Sheneman just did a Q and A on channel 10 via internet. He answered this question and stated that if there had been anyone else involved they would have been arrested along with Melissa Huckaby. There are no other suspects and this case will now be handed over to the SA for prosecution.

As of right now, I believe Melissa acted alone. I truly believe she's mentally ill and has no idea why she did this.

Time will tell,
fran

I agree. I don't think there are any others directly involved.

I also don't think we will see a death penalty issue in this case. There are lots of little red flags that indicate that this will probably result in some sort of psych related outcome. She is already under soem form of court mandated mental health supervision. The court does not do this for petty theft. She went to live with her grandparents, in order to turn her life around. Note not her parents. little things like these make me suspect that there is probably some level of schizophrenia going on with her. Someone has clearly noticed pysche issues with her in the past.

Hello. I just got back from visiting Tracy, driving on Clover and past the dairy farm. I am currently visiting family and friends in the area and that is why I have not been posting in the past few days.

There isn't much to say. There is one police car parked facing out from the MHP and 5-6 white media vans and no crime tape anywhere. There was a lookey-loo in front of me, who turned around, I got a good look at the church, it is extremely crummy and IMO was not originally constructed with the intention of being a church. I wanted to find the memorial and place a flower and say a prayer but I could not find it. I was trying to be respectful and be unobtrusive.

Melissa may have acted alone (not totally convinced yet) but she is only the tip of the iceberg in this situation. IMO.

I think I read that her child played with Sandra now and then. If there was some level of schizophrenia going on here I can see a scenerio unfolding in which the perp thought Sandra was 'doing something evil' to her child etc. She may not have intended to kill, unless details as to injuries etc have been released that seems reasonable to me.
Very sad outcome but at least it's not still hanging.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back