Searching For Anna Book: Download and Comments

Such an excellent thought Bern. Way to go! :dance:

I doubt the book is available in other languages, but I'm sure we'll find out soon. If we could get a couple of copies sent to some schools in northern and southern Italy, perhaps the word will spread? I will try to think of resources.

The book has not been translated, though if you Google it, you will see that it is available on many sites already. One way to get it circulated abroad would be to make it available on Kindle and other readers. Some Lulu books are already available in this form, but I'm not sure just what this entails. Curiously, we have never had a confirmation of our copyright, though the application was made when the book first came out, copies sent, check sent, etc. The copyright office says they have a backlog, but I think this has to be the backlog of all time!

The book has not been translated, though if you Google it, you will see that it is available on many sites already. One way to get it circulated abroad would be to make it available on Kindle and other readers. Some Lulu books are already available in this form, but I'm not sure just what this entails. Curiously, we have never had a confirmation of our copyright, though the application was made when the book first came out, copies sent, check sent, etc. The copyright office says they have a backlog, but I think this has to be the backlog of all time!

Kindles will read pdf, prc and mobi files. There is a free program called Calibre which will convert many formats into one of these three.

Once converted, it's the distribution you'd have to find out how to get going.

Kindles will read pdf, prc and mobi files. There is a free program called Calibre which will convert many formats into one of these three.

Once converted, it's the distribution you'd have to find out how to get going.
Oh, MagicRose, it's good to see you here again. The distribution has always been on-demand from Lulu.com, and I imagine it would continue that way. Doogie had to submit the document as a pdf file, so it wouldn't have to be converted. Doogie, what do you know about all this?

Is the book available in other languages? I am thinking about Italy? How we would promote the book?

Maybe Raf or Pink Panther might have some ideas on how to promote the book in Italy if it was translated.

Translating a book could take as long as writing one...I think we might do better to think of distribution and hoping that people abroad who read English might see it. Today I saw on a Google search that a company in India is selling it.

Oh, MagicRose, it's good to see you here again. The distribution has always been on-demand from Lulu.com, and I imagine it would continue that way. Doogie had to submit the document as a pdf file, so it wouldn't have to be converted. Doogie, what do you know about all this?

Thanks, Annasmom!

I do believe that Lulu sells those types of ebooks too...

Maybe Raf or Pink Panther might have some ideas on how to promote the book in Italy if it was translated.

I would be happy to help in whatever way I can. I have been looking for additional Italian websites that could feature Anna's story and will continue to do so...

Unfortunately, while I may be able to check in on occasion, I am unlikely to be able to do much on the internet for the next couple of weeks but I will let you know when I can get more involved again!

Lulu offers to sell ebooks also. When we first published SFA, I set it up only as a "hard copy" product, but with a simple check of a toggle button, the book could be available for electronic download also.

Annasmom, do you want me to set this up?

Lulu offers to sell ebooks also. When we first published SFA, I set it up only as a "hard copy" product, but with a simple check of a toggle button, the book could be available for electronic download also.

Annasmom, do you want me to set this up?

Yes, indeed, Doogie! Also, see your e-mail for a question about iPad format.

I have enabled an edownload function of SFA at the Lulu website. The price is $7.95 - 50% less than the hard copy of the book. PDF files can be viewed by Kindle with native software or with an Ipod with a PDF Reader app. If we need to send ecopies to anyone, I can download the files for free or I also have the original pdf files that I uploaded originally.

One of the best things about my Kindle is that I can email docs, books, music, etc. to it for a small fee. If you find out the person's Amazon user ID you can email it to them. For example, JohnDoe@kindle.com.

The copyright on Searching for Anna FINALLY came through (more than two years after the application.) The book now has a Library of Congress number dated back to March 17, 2008: TX7-120-730.

i would love this book, it's not available at the link any longer...or on kindle?!

i would love this book, it's not available at the link any longer...or on kindle?!

Thank you so much for your interest. The free download was available for a limited time before the manuscript was published. Now you can get it from Amazon or direct from Lulu, the publisher. Let me know if you need these links. It should be available for e-readers as well.

thank you, let me check to see how much money i have, id love to read it. i dont feel im much help, but will certainly do anything possible!

hugs & peace!

thank you, let me check to see how much money i have, id love to read it. i dont feel im much help, but will certainly do anything possible!

hugs & peace!

We have placed a few copies in the local library. If you request the book from your local library, you would be able to read it and would also give the book a wider circulation! Best of luck. Let us know how it goes!

I ordered it from Amazon today- wish it was available on Kindle, but it wasn't. (I'm old, but still into that instant gratification thing!)

Anxious to get it! More anxious for you to get some answers, though. (hugs)

Well, my book arrived in the mail today- I just finished it.

I wish I could say I had some kind of instinct, a light bulb moment...

I do not feel that she has passed on. In reading for so many months (all these threads) I opened the book with an open mind. After finishing the book, I sat there and just held it... I wish I had some answers. If I had to guess, I have to say I think her bio father had some contact with a woman who could not have a child, and he directed her to Anna. I am sure this idea has been tossed around, it just didn't stick to me as I read it here- it just kinda landed on me as I finished the book.

Again, hugs, prayers and peace to Anna's family.

Am rereading SFA hoping something might come to mind that hasn't previously.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back