Found Deceased MD - Robin Pope, 51, Stevensville, Kent Island, 1 March 2013

Earlier this month:

http://www.delaware1059.com/story/2...een-annes-co-md-woman-3-years-after-her-death

The suspicious death of a Queen Anne’s County, Maryland woman three years ago remains under investigation as State Police continue to work to identify a cause of death and determine if that cause of death was the result of a criminal act...

Robin Pope of Stevensville had been living with her husband, Wayne in the 100-block of Beach Road until December 2012 when the couple separated...

Pope told them his wife Robin had come to the home late Friday night, March 1, to retrieve some belongings. After she arrived, he says he left the home; he says when he returned home Saturday morning, he found his wife’s Infinity still parked in the driveway, but he says she was not at the house; he also says their dog, a Great Dane, was missing.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2016/03/02/maryland-murder-cold-case/

A few days later, the dog was found dead in the water at a nearby residence.

An exact cause of death for the dog was not identified, but it was determined the dog had not died from external trauma.

Thinking of Robin. Wishing that there was justice served. So very sad that some people "get away" with harming others. :cry:

Just saw this -- did not know about Robin before I read this article. A good recap for someone like me, and some news. And a video.

(Please excuse if this has already been cited.)

Solve This Crime 09/26/2016 1:18 pm PDT Michelle Sigona

Unsolved: Wife last seen on estranged husband's property later found dead

Robin Pope was not only a cancer survivor, but a loving mother, wife and friend to many. She knew everyone in her close-knit, waterfront community on Chesapeake Bay in Maryland. So there's grave concern one cold night when she goes missing.

http://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/09/...=crimewatch_eme_24543_2016-09-27-feature_text
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was by Robin's daughter telling about Wayne after the initial questioning,some things he did before her going missing, some speculation about a boat and some things that happened the morning of her going missing.

It sounds like Robin was so very close to her by the articles...I'm sure she is incredibly frustrated that it has been a year without justice for her mom.

Do you still have the screenshot of the post from PH?

Friends and family are still looking for answers:

Still no answers 5 years after mysterious death of Robin Pope

STEVENSVILLE — Five years have passed since Robin Pope’s body was recovered from the Chesapeake Bay.

On March 23, 2013, after weeks of searching, Pope was found less than a mile from where she was last seen.

On the five-year anniversary of her death, friends and family gathered to remember Robin and remind others that this case is still open and under investigation, said Pope’s close friend Kathy Ullrich. A reward is being offered for any information leading to answers in Pope’s case, she said.

I have been following this case (this case is why I joined WS actually) and here were some new facts I hadn't known before watching the Breaking Homicide episode.
  • The (late) night RP went to the house to get the mail, WP drove 18 miles to his parents house to exchange his normally driven vehicle for a truck that he said he needed to use the next day. His parents were having a party that night and indicated to investigators that WP never came into the house and they didnt know until sometime later that he had even been there to exchange vehicles. Halfway home he stopped at a 7-11 for a cup of coffee and was captured on CCTV at the 7-11 doing so. The show's narrator (forgot the name) said that could indicate he didn't want to be seen by his parents/friends at the party because of his demeanor (IF he had just done something to Robin and was nervous/panicked) but that possibly he stopped for the coffee knowing he would be captured on CCTV,thus providing an alibi for some of the timeframe of that night. The narrator also noted why buy a cup of coffee late at night when you are going to bed as soon as you get home (9 miles from home).
  • Earlier that same night RP went to dinner with a man in Annapolis (wasn't quite clear if this was her PT/sorta boyfriend (who was engaged to someone else at the time) or someone else, but phone records/GPS from WP's phone indicated that he was very close to the restaurant RP was eating at, at the same time. WP told investigators he was in the area taking his daughters out to dinner, but the daughter's refuted that and said they hadn't gone out to dinner that night with him.
  • A blouse RP had been wearing that night was found in the same vicinity as where the dog's body was found only a few days after RP went missing. The condition of the shirt was good, but it was found inside out.
  • When RP's body was found (weeks later) an undershirt she had been wearing was very torn up (looked actually like not much even remained of the shirt). Also her shoes (heels) were still found on her feet. The narrator hired a oceanographer familar with the Chesapeake Bay to help understand tides, and she indicated that UNLESS RP's body was held underwater, by debris, etc... The body should have floated down to the point it was actually found within several hours, not weeks, so she surmised partially based on the condition of the undershirt) that her body had been somehow held down by debris (I found it odd that the narator didnt suggest, "or something else, ie anchor, cinderblock etc"...) until such time as the gasses built up in her body, which would take some time, and then the body rose to the surface and floated to where it was eventually found weeks later, partially wedged under some rocks/riprap on a neighbor's shoreline.
  • The narrator said that RP was a strong swimmer and if thrown off the dock at their house, she could have pretty easily swam to shore and if not able to fully climb up the rocks/riprap at the shoreline, at least made it up out of the water enough to prevent hypothermia and yell for help, so he surmised that something happened to RP inside the home and she was either incapacitated enough to not have full control of her faculties OR that she was unconsious/dead and she was pushed/dropped into the water from the dock, and then the dog (who they previously noted in the show could not swim) either jumped in after, or was Pushed/Dropped into the water as well.
  • There were a few other new things I hadn't heard before, but those were the main new pieces of information I learned watching this show.
I truly hope for the sake of her daughters and friends who have worked to keep her story in the spotlight, will get the answers as to what happed to RP that night six years ago.

Last edited:
I will add that he had a bruise on his abdomen that he said he got while trying to lean over the dock to retrieve the dog. The witness said the dog was behind her house in the water. Not near the dock. So what WP told LE was not the truth.

I believe it will take more evidence for LE to charge WP with a crime. imo moo

I hope he is ultimately charged at some point. This reminds me of Michele MacNeill in Utah. Her death was originally declared an accident. Her children eventually pushed and her husband was convicted of her murdered.

I check in every so often for updates. I lived in the same county and worked in the area for many years and my daughter attended the same university at the same time as RP's youngest daughter. Every year the local sheriff highlights the story around the anniversary of her passing and asks for any new leads. I have heard about but have not watched the Breaking Homicide episodes on this case. While searching for other updates I found a 2 part series that has some very detailed, new to me, information regarding all aspects of the case. Sort of a follow up to the Breaking Homicide story. I'm not sure if this can be posted but the first part of the series can be found on YouTube - Crime Weekly titled "Death by the Bay, part 1". I am not sure how to add the link properly. Please delete the post or edit if not allowed. Apologies in advance.

Hope RP gets justice one day, one way or another.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan