UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, how did the request go out?

Who initiated that Josh needed help moving to the Ward members?

Was there a sign up sheet? Were members "assigned" to be of aid to the family after Susan disappeared?

Was there a sign up sheet? Were members "assigned" to be of aid to the family after Susan disappeared?

Probably Kiirsi got on the phone and threatened to break their knees if they didn't come help. And yet, she only got 20 people to come! Imagine that!

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14203941 "We are still confident that Susan will be found, and very hopeful that she will be found alive," he wrote. "Make sure that people know she is still missing and make sure no one gives up hope."

There has to be a lot of information we don't know. It boggles my mind, that they can make a statement like this and yet at one point WVCPD did have a headline that foul play is suspected. Huh?

Okay, regarding why people went to help Josh move last weekend...

Josh asked the Elders Quorum to help him move. The Elders Quorum are always the ones asked to help people move in every LDS ward. I am sure they don't always enjoy it, who really does?...but they do it anyway to help others out. The EQ president gets the request and then he is in charge of getting people there to help out.

As far as those who went to help: some went because they were asked to help serve regardless of who, some went because Josh was a friend to them in the past, some of them went to indeed interrogate Josh and they DID do that, and others were there to see that Susans things were treated with respect and not thrown in the nearest garbage can.

A few people asked Josh questions that we all want answers to and begged him to cooperate with police and go talk to them before he leaves town. He did the obvious "Josh" thing and stared off into space and didn't respond to those requests. He beat around the bush for the questions and said "I am not supposed to talk about this."

Anyway, bottom line...I don't think there is anyone in this neighborhood, city, state, etc. that thinks Josh is innocent in all of this. Everyone had different reasons for helping him move last weekend and I think all of the reasons were valid. People did confront him and it didn't do any good as he didn't listen to reason, but at least we tried.

Making a few corrections to the timeline someone posted...

Jovonna left the Powell home on Sunday between 5pm and 5:30pm. She saw Susan lie down, she saw Josh lock up, saw him load up the boys, and they both got in their own vehicles and drove away at the same time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Monday, apparently it did not occur to any of the neighbors to try to call Josh. They knew the family (Josh's mom and sister) and LE had tried his phone several times and he never answered, so why would he answer for them?

Finally around 3pm, Jovonnas teenage son (who had been helping Josh out in his basement and was learning some wood working skills from Josh) thought to try and call him and guess what? Josh answered. The son quickly hung up because he didn't know what to do, didn't think Josh would answer.

He told Jovonna about it, who quickly called Josh back and Josh answered again. She explained to him that everyone was worried, since it appeared they were all missing, the cops were over there, they broke a window to get in, he needs to go home right away, etc.

She also asked him, "Where is Susan?" His response was that "she was at work." Then we all know that it took him 2 hours before he showed up at the house.

This leads me to the next thing...

LE was INDEED at the Powell home waiting for Josh until he got back on Monday. The did NOT leave before he got home. They immediately took him to the station for about 2 hours to question him.

The last thing to clear up on the timeline is that Chuck Cox arrived on Friday December 11th, not Saturday December 12th like some people have it reported.

As far as close neighbors to Josh know of...Josh has never gone fishing.
As far as they know, Josh does NOT own a generator, auger, or post hole digger of any kind.
UNLESS, it has been a recent purchase in the last 6 months...which is very possible, but Josh did not own one before.

Eyewitnesses who were there all day Saturday to help with the move never saw any kind of generator loaded into the moving truck.

Also, there were eyewitnesses who saw what was in the shed and there was nothing of importance in the shed. The only reason Josh put up the spare doors to block the view, was to do just that...block the view of the media because he didn't want them staring at him while he loaded the truck.

I bow my hat to you! Did you see page 2? Wow! I haven't read that before. Thank you! It explains a lot! What a jackalope!

Joe Trujillo, who talked to Josh Powell often when he would come visit two doors down the street, said Josh told him only a month ago that some family problems stemmed from how busy and active Susan was with her ward, which Josh Powell started attending again a few months ago because of marriage counseling.

"(Josh) mentioned the church was putting a burden on their marriage," Trujillo said.

Other ward members described a similar scenario

"(Susan) told me that a couple times he would say to the kids, 'You can go to church or have this cake,' " Peterson said. "She had to do everything."

Also, I found out that Josh went to Hertz car rental by the airport to rent the car. We do not know who gave him a ride to pick up the car rental, but we do know who helped him return it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The reason Tim Peterson called the cops on Josh...

Tim did indeed give Josh a ride to the station to pick up his van. The next day however, Josh went to knock on Tim's door to ask him if he could help him bring the rental car back.
Tim's first interview had just barely aired right before Josh went over there, and we all know that Tim was pretty blunt about things in tehe interview and was not praising Josh by any means, so he thought Josh had seen the interview and was coming over to confront him about it.
He did not even answer the door to see what Josh wanted (I am not sure Josh even saw the interview, he was just asking for help returning the rental car, was not there to confront Tim) but Tim didn't know that and freaked out thinking that Josh was coming over to confront him after seeing his interview, so he called LE without even answering the door.

Josh ended up asking his mom Terri for help returning the rental car and she is the one who helped him return it.

How in the heck did you Highlight that on the article?

I've been looking for an article I read earlier in the week. It's has an interview with Kiirsti about Josh attending church and crying through most of it (after Susan disappeared). I wanted to see if I read it right but I can't find it. I can see going to church to ask for forgiveness but does he like church or not?

They're good enough to have a potluck breakfast with, support you when your wife goes missing and help you move but they aren't good enough for your boys or wife? Help me out here. He controlled the boys against Susan with church and that wasn't fair. It's church. Who competes with church?

Regarding "red coat" i.e. possibly Steven Powell??

A family member has looked at the video and does NOT think he is Steven Powell, but she is not positive. She does not think he walked like him and he rarely wears glasses except when reading...but who knows. Its possible its him, its possible it isn't.

Regarding Terri a.k.a Terrica, Josh's mom...The reason she has not been in the media or making statements or any of the above is because she is too fragile and has said she just can't handle it. That is why she is leaving the media up to other people. She is indeed very worried and concerned about Susan and loves her like a daughter.

I also want to clear up the ages and order of Josh's siblings...

Jenny is the oldest and she is 35. Josh's mother is living with Jenny, the oldest, not Alina the youngest sister. Jenny was 18 at the time of the divorce and she was free to choose whom she wanted to live with. She chose her mom because she wanted to get away from Steven as fast as she could.

Josh is the second oldest and will be 34 next week. Then comes Michael (politician) who is late 20's or early 30's. The comes John. Not sure on the ages of those two, but I believe Dr. Fessel posted a link to voting records that had their ages and birthdays so that can be referred to for exact ages.

Alina comes last and is 24.

I get the impression that many of the people were neighbors, but they may have also been members of the same congregation (LDS ward), because roughly half of SLC is a member, in name, at least, of the LDS Church.

I has been explained elsewhere in these threads that several people were motivated to help the family, not so much Josh. This includes people who wanted to be sure that Susan's clothing, etc, was properly cared-for, make sure the kids toys and clothes were packed well, etc.

Finally, since Josh had been a member for a long time, perhaps they thought he could be brought back. From my experience living there, however, people, once they decide they no longer buy-into Joseph Smith as a prophet, they don't go back. You can't unlearn things.

Wayne Hamberg does not know and has never met Susan. Susan never overspent on money and was very thrifty. Wayne is just recalling what Josh would tell him, and if Josh was possesive and controlling, of course he would say Susan was overspending.

(sorry for the multiple posts answering the questions...I just figured that would be easier than one long post.)

Some of the reasons Josh and Susan wanted to leave WA are:

1. They wanted a fresh start.
2. They wanted to live by Josh's sister and mother, Jenny and Terri.
3. Susan wanted to get away from Steven. Susan's issues with Steven are very long standing as well as her families issues with him. The Cox family's issues with Steven go back a long way as well and have not just been the last year.

Wayne Hamberg does not know and has never met Susan. Susan never overspent on money and was very thrifty. Wayne is just recalling what Josh would tell him, and if Josh was possesive and controlling, of course he would say Susan was overspending.

Thank you! I suspected as much. I didn't get the impression that Susan was high maintenance or expensive. Possibly Josh needed to shift the blame to her and make her look bad that way he'd get sympathy whenever he could. She's his wife! If there's one person who should have your back at all times, it should be your spouse.

Regarding the missing carpet...

I saw the front living room last Saturday...I didn't notice anything out of place at first because the whole room was filled with packed boxes piled to the ceiling, ready to be loaded on the truck.

Once the boxes were all loaded, I finally got to see the floor. The carpet is completely gone in half the room. The cops took half the carpet, not just one little patch, half! So hopefully they will have more than enough to test and see what the wet spot could be and get evidence.

Dang, we should have told you to go in with one of those little penlight black lights. You could have seen if they sprayed with luminal, but I bet they did if they took that much carpet. Makes me think it was violent and blood splatter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey