Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Joran can't fool whatever psychiatrist or psychologist they hire to do this testing.

I heard one reporter say he could probably pass a lie detector test because he lies so well.

Why would AVS call authorities when she found the note from her son indicating he wasn't going to a mental facility? I didn't read that Joran was court ordered to go to the mental facilty.

Did Joran tell his mother where he was when they spoke on the phone after the AVS stated that it was on the news that they are looking for him?

im just curious what her response was when she found out that he skipped town... im not implying that it was court ordered...tho it would be good if it were at least there would be evidence that it is TRUE that he was supposed to go...

Sorry if anyone has already posted this, I'm not quite caught up today, but I keep wondering why Stephany's dad would have given her $1,000 to buy a laptop if she had won $10,000 already at poker, as they are now saying? i.e. she wouldn't need him to give her the money.

Could it be that he gave her the money BEFORE she won the $10,000?

Just listened to the Steph Watts blog radio program from yesterday. He just got back from Aruba and spent some time talking to locals and friends of JVS, amongst other things. They had some interesting stories to tell re: his childhood escapades. One involving his younger brother, Sebastian, that is distressing.

Since I guess this may be considered rumormongering, you can listen for yourself and draw your own conclusions.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/watts-up-with-this

BTW, good insights and questions, Kamille. :)

Listening to above blog radio. It was the younger brother who had to be hospitalized for beating, according to blog radio above. OMG beating a 7 or 8 year old!

Huffington Post version of retraction:

De Telegraaf said the 22-year-old Dutchman claims he only signed papers admitting killing Stephany Flores because he was intimidated by police and had been promised he would be transferred to the Netherlands if he confessed.

"I was very scared and confused during the interrogations and wanted to get away," the paper quoted him as saying. "In my blind panic, I signed everything, but didn't even know what it said."

"I was tricked," the paper quoted Van der Sloot as saying of Flores' killing. "I'll explain later how it all happened."

A self-avowed compulsive liar, Van der Sloot has several times given and retracted admissions of involvement in Holloway's disappearance.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/21/joran-van-der-sloot-retra_n_619089.html

I am not siding in any way, shape or form with JVDS, but in retrospect, it did seem as if the signing of the confession seemed to go way too smoothly--he was way too compliant. Makes me wonder if perhaps he did think he was going back to the Netherlands or Aruba.

However, once they stuck him in Castro Castro, or even before, you'd think he would have been screaming "I've been tricked" to a lawyer and anyone else who would listen.

I just wonder how he is going to explain away the bloody clothes they found in his luggage when he was caught in Chile.

Could it be that he gave her the money BEFORE she won the $10,000?

That is quite possible--or else the money flowed freely (gift from doting dad) and her "win" wasn't even an issue!

GramCracker: Thank you for verifying this event as true. What was never clear is HOW he killed the dog. Still, can you imagine killing the family dog!!?? After being found out, Joran bragged about this on the school bus. Just like he bragged about being with Natalee on the bus.

I'm sure there's a great deal of information regarding JVDS when he was younger that would probably curl our hair.

What did he hold over his parents heads to let them give him Carte Blanche to do the things he did? Drinking, gambling with a huge credit line?

Why didn't they act sooner? Or did they want to promote a "wonderful family"?

Listening to above blog radio. It was the younger brother who had to be hospitalized for beating, according to blog radio above. OMG beating a 7 or 8 year old!

Joran has a huge amount of rage within himself....and now we can just imagine what Stephany went through. She probably only said one word to him that set him off.........NO

I am not siding in any way, shape or form with JVDS, but in retrospect, it did seem as if the signing of the confession seemed to go way too smoothly--he was way too compliant. Makes me wonder if perhaps he did think he was going back to the Netherlands or Aruba.

However, once they stuck him in Castro Castro, or even before, you'd think he would have been screaming "I've been tricked" to a lawyer and anyone else who would listen.

I just wonder how he is going to explain away the bloody clothes they found in his luggage when he was caught in Chile.

Knowing this LIAR, he'll blame it on the 2 robbers....LOL.....saying they put it in there when he wasn't looking.....LOL

I think his main issue was to GET OUT OF TOWN QUICKLY.....and probably forgot about the clothes in the backpack.

At any rate, I'm delighted they were there.....MORE EVIDENCE against him.

I don't know it works in Peru, but in the US the police are allowed to lie to a suspect in order to obtain a confession.

I can totally see the PLE saying, 'Sure... sure, buddy. Just tell us the truth and we'll send you right on back to the Netherlands. Just put your signature right here.'

I don't see anything wrong with it. I wonder how he feels to have the tables turned on him.

InSession
JeanC Live:

- The Flores family has a right to be at the proceedings today, but have chosen not to
- No where in transcript, do I read that a promise is made to go back to Netherlands
- Is there a promise in the videotape (confession) to return to Netherlands; is videotape a full one
- Computer disc - will be big issue; takes the hard drive out in front of everyone to show no taint - that's how it's done here
- Proceedings are secret - no one is supposed to know except parties involved>if info comes out, it will be leaked
Vinnie: almost like Grand Jury here
Jean: a fact-finding venture, but in this case, you have the defendant there

A writ of habeas corpus protects a person from being able to inflict harm on one's self and also protects a person from being hurt by the judicial system.

Is it really? tia

I don't know it works in Peru, but in the US the police are allowed to lie to a suspect in order to obtain a confession.

I can totally see the PLE saying, 'Sure... sure, buddy. Just tell us the truth and we'll send you right on back to the Netherlands. Just put your signature right here.'

I don't see anything wrong with it. I wonder how he feels to have the tables turned on him.

bolded by me.

in response to bolded part, hate to say it, but: :clap::clap::clap::clap:

im just curious what her response was when she found out that he skipped town... im not implying that it was court ordered...tho it would be good if it were at least there would be evidence that it is TRUE that he was supposed to go...

More then likely AVS was upset that her son took off for Peru rather then go for help. Hopefully the letter Joran left will end up being publicized so we can at least confirm or deny there was a note, and/or perhaps the facility confirms that Joran was scheduled to be admitted.

For now, unless proven to me otherwise, I have to say that AVS is being truthful with regards to Joran going to the facility for help.

Definition of writ of habeas corpus: http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/writ+of+habeas+corpus

[Latin, You have the body.] A writ (court order) that commands an individual or a government official who has restrained another to produce the prisoner at a designated time and place so that the court can determine the legality of custody and decide whether to order the prisoner's release.

I read where her father gave her $1000 (dollars ?) to get a new laptop.
As for the watch given to the cabdrivers......that was photographed with the articles that Radaronline posted. So that must be another of his lies.

In one video where he is seated with the officials, one official is shown counting money....and that must be the money he stole from Stephany.

The watch story is interesting. He claimed that his was a $7000 Ferrari watch. The one in the pictures does not look like a $7000 Ferrari watch and it's unlikely that he wouldn't have hocked that watch at some point if he was that desperate and really had one. The watch he had when arrested looks like the same one he was wearing in the hotel video when he was leaving. If he tried to pass off any watch to the cab drivers it was probably a fake...and maybe they knew it. Another reason for him to resent them. Or more likely he just wanted to throw them as far under the bus as possible by accusing them of taking a very expensive bribe. MOO

InSession
JeanC Live:

- The Flores family has a right to be at the proceedings today, but have chosen not to
- No where in transcript, do I read that a promise is made to go back to Netherlands
- Is there a promise in the videotape (confession) to return to Netherlands; is videotape a full one
- Computer disc - will be big issue; takes the hard drive out in front of everyone to show no taint - that's how it's done here
- Proceedings are secret - no one is supposed to know except parties involved>if info comes out, it will be leaked
Vinnie: almost like Grand Jury here
Jean: a fact-finding venture, but in this case, you have the defendant there

Fascinating. This is so different from our justice system. The victim's family has a right to be there with the defendant and the judge, right? We don't have anything comparable to that that occurs outside of a courtroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni