OH - Three students killed in Chardon High School shooting, 27 Feb 2012

link to lake academy where alleged subject allegedly goes

The Lake Academy is an alternative education program offering a unique approach to formal education for students who are experiencing serious challenges in meeting expectations within traditional school settings. Many of the students attending The Lake Academy are considered “reluctant learners” and may be struggling with a variety of individual problems, such as: substance abuse /chemical dependency, anger issues, mental health issues, truancy, delinquency, difficulties with attention/organization, and academic deficiencies.http://www.lcesc.k12.oh.us/public/ESC/programs_lakeacademy.cfm

So the shooter wasn't "bullied," he was a jealous ex. I had a feeling, reading what the shooter had allegedly written, that this was over a girl. News reports say he is 17 which means he'll most likely be tried as an adult. And I can't see how this will be judged anything less than premeditated murder. Tragic all around.

Whenever I hear of these school shootings, my heart always goes out to the parents anxiously waiting to hear if their children are okay. And it breaks for the victims' parents who had every reason to believe their child was safe at school.

Thankx nursie!

That just adds to my questions of why nobody did/said anything about that post of his made back in December!!! I'm sure he had guidance counselors; teachers; etc. that should have been monitoring him. He has a history - he has to; to be enrolled in that alternative school.

JMHO

So the shooter wasn't from that school? Why did he target Chardon?

I think that was his school before he was sent to the alternative school. It seems he knew the people he shot - they used to be his friends.

So the shooter wasn't from that school? Why did he target Chardon?
He was in the cafeteria at Chardon. It seems Lake Academy and the Career Center students met in the cafe at Chardon to wait for their busses to the respective schools.

It's reported that the ex-girlfriend is home schooled. I hope LE checked her home to make sure she is okay.

So the shooter wasn't "bullied," he was a jealous ex. I had a feeling, reading what the shooter had allegedly written, that this was over a girl. News reports say he is 17 which means he'll most likely be tried as an adult. And I can't see how this will be judged anything less than premeditated murder. Tragic all around.

Whenever I hear of these school shootings, my heart always goes out to the parents anxiously waiting to hear if their children are okay. And it breaks for the victims' parents who had every reason to believe their child was safe at school.

Do you have a link to what he wrote? Thanks

If you look at the lake website ( I posted it upstream) Auburn is one of the partner schools for that program as well..

The kids in the cafeteria seemed to be waiting on buses to the vocational school and lake alternative school (and also kids eating breakfast/there early, etc)..

Based on what I have been reading I am sure he would have known kids from both schools... I, too, think he was primarily from Chardon district (the addy of the house currently being searched would fit this as well)...

Do you have a link to what he wrote? Thanks
http://bit.ly/wIIRCP

I failed to find that quote on the specified Facebook page; may have missed it. The first line echoes the title of a Blue Öyster Cult song, and BÖC is listed as one of the Facebook page-holder's favorite bands (along with decidedly non-threatening acts like Bright Eyes and Adele).

Keep going down wfgdot - its in the older posts. He says that he wrote it in class.

JMHO

IF the linked FB page over at Steve Huff's blog is the right one, he posted it on December 30, 2011. For some reason, when I read it, it struck me as being about losing a girlfriend to another guy. But it may not even be his FB page and I may be reading a whole lot more into it.

Keep going down wfgdot - its in the older posts. He says that he wrote it in class.

JMHO
Thanks, found it (finally!). I thought that was the entire piece of writing when it's actually just the last quarter of it.

Cleveland.com is identifying the deceased student as Daniel Parmentor. Sending love and prayers to his family and friends.

One of the students - Daniel Parmertor - died shortly after arriving at Metro.

His family made the following statement:

"We are shocked by this senseless tragedy. Danny was a bright young boy who had a bright future ahead of him. The family is torn by this loss. We ask that you respect our privacy during this difficult time. "

No word on the conditions of the other victims at Metro.
http://www.woio.com/story/17024182/breaking-chardon

rest in peace Daniel.... prayers to your family and friends

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77