2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MagpieFromHinky Pamela
pipitone says he could hear Mason screaming at other def atty & kc. but not what he was saying

Oh, maybe Mason has told em all to get stuffed and resigned??? What do you all think?

But JA was the one who brought the phone call to the court's attention. :waitasec:

Didn't the DT team say they were going to request sanctions against the SA anyhow, despite HHJP saying he was going to tell the jury to disregard the guy's testimony and he would not be back to testify?

If it was Mason that wanted the judge chambers talk, maybe he wants off the defense team. Maybe he knows of JB shenanigans and doesn't want to be associated with him. It has been said he has led a long disguished career and maybe he doesn't want to be on this case anymore???

Based on what's being tweeted and being said here, I'm guessing Mason caught JB and Casey in a lie about something and isn't too happy about it. Perhaps maybe even wanting to quit and be done with them and therein lies the problem/legal matter. JMO

BBM:

I don't think he can just quit now, can he?

No actually he (JA) came in to court the next court day and asked the judge for another day to review the deposition and did not tell court about the call. JMO

Self edit. I'm tired and cranky.

I listened very carefully to the DOD issue and JP specifically said that he offered to have the witness held, even over DOD threats in the OCSO jail if he refused to stay and the DT wanted that but that the DT said no, we don't want him to lose his job esp. since they had another expert that could testify to almost the same thing. In addition, Rodriguez pretty much would have been impeached b/c of the co-founder of the body farm issue AND it has been reported that he supported the SA claim that the body would have been there for 4-6 months, so I DO NOT think that LKB knows what she is talking about and the DT was happy to let this witness go from a technicality.

As for today, let's look at the facts:
1. The meeting did not involve the SA
2. The meeting had to be sealed
3. ICA was in the meeting in her jail area, not judge's chambers

Therefore, it could not have been a court issue that the SA has a stake in like mistrial, improper reports, perjury charges, etc. It had to do with the DT and ICA.
Then, ICA was smiling at the judge- did she make a claim to CM that JB is messing up her trial? Was there a motion filed through CM to remove JB as lead counsel on the case?
I think it is something personal involving JB and/or ICA and that CM is finally taking charge.
The fact that it was sealed makes me think JP is protecting the reputation of one or both.

Does anyone have screenshots of ICA crying right before this started? Why would she be so upset????

She cried a little on the first trip out of chambers, the next trip out she was madder than a wet hen.

I too wonder if she is pulling a last minute attempt to fire JB, but I have thought all this time that she would do just that. Especially after HHJP made both side state how long they thought they needed and it was way too soon for the "party to be over" for KC. Her entire face reflected that.

However, I am just speculating and have no clue what is going on.

MagpieFromHinky Pamela
Cindy George & kc were crying?
31 seconds ago
»
Pamela
MagpieFromHinky Pamela
Tony Pipitone is saying this was completely different. The atty's came out of chambers with poker faces on. No eye rolling etc
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I hope nothing has happened to Lee.

I think that's just how he speaks.

Me too grammie. I'm married to a man that is hard of hearing from his job and he yells when he talks. No biggie. JMHO

MarkNeJame Tweet:
This is big...not a small matter. Judge Perry doesn't delay. Not a JoseBaez discovery violation issue. Something more.
This is what Beth Karas was saying on HLN. Judge Perry asking the court transcriber to come with him to chambers likely means he needs a transcript of the issue, so that he can render an opinion and a judgement, which is in fact a big matter.

Mason has never had a contempt charge in over 40 years of practice - now working with Baez it looks like he is likely to get one or at least have his career sullied - Do you think he's finally had enough and told Baez and ICA it's over?

I think CM is ready for ICA to plead guilty and throw herself on the mercy of the court. JB is dragging CM down and he knows it.

I do not believe the State has done anything wrong.

I don't think so either, but I do think it might be that the DT has "alleged" that they have done something wrong.

Whatever it is, it's big. HHJP wouldn't have an entire day lost. The DT has been the sole reason for a few days to be lost on this trial. They have no respect or appreciation of the jurys time. Even CM made the jury come in for a few minutes one day only to have them leave for the remainder of the day.

Just throwing this in for thought, LA testimony said he heard something in the restroom and blah blah, do you think SA found out what it was or WANTS to know what it was and the DT did not let them know so this could be the issue?

JA did not withhold that phone call.. When the DOD saw this expert on the television preparing to testify the DOD immediately contacted the SA's office which is how and why it was JA who took the call. After the DOD informed JA of the issue JA immediately informed HHJP and the DT.

The DOD works in a chain command . No way did they get the clearance to inturupt the DR that quick.

And if they did or they right guy saw it ,he cant single handedly make any calls on someones job.

I'll just bet, George was allegedly holding papers and crying? Casey in and out several times crying, wondering if George did an affidavit saying he was involved in the the disposal of the body (he said he would do anything to protect her) and Mason flipped out? JMO

Wouldn't HHJP wait until the trial is over to issue the contempt charge, so as not to drag this out for the jury? He seems to consider their time first when he makes decisions that delay the trial.

Baez has wasted so much time already maybe the judge figures that throwing him in jail for 24 hours would, in the end, be a timesaver.

JMO... does anyone think that JP heard something contradictory from the DOD regarding what JA stated about Dr. Rodriquez being threatened with his job if he testified as JA had said? moo

Huh? Do you really think JA would lie about something regarding the DOD????
I really can't understand why some people are saying JA did anything wrong in regards to this. He is the one who stood up and told the court about the phone call that he received. How in the world is that withholding anything? I am really confused on this matter and can't figure out why some people are saying JA didn't tell about the phone call.

I'm telling ya...the whole defense team are crabs in a boiling pot. Egos, lies and manufacturing doubt is a dirty business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆