The case for murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a rubber stamp was used.

I have a rubber stamp of my signature too which is used for everything except for legal documents. It's still my signature so not sure why it would matter if its a rubber stamp of a verified signature.

I have a rubber stamp of my signature too which is used for everything except for legal documents. It's still my signature so not sure why it would matter if its a rubber stamp of a verified signature.

Exactly. The stamped signature should be the same as a verified signature, otherwise what is the point of having a stamped signature?

Exactly. The stamped signature should be the same as a verified signature, otherwise what is the point of having a stamped signature?

curiosjo posted that the same bold signature was posted for the financials for years 2007-2010. All I said was a rubber stamp was probably used. Never said it wasn't a verified signature.

Perhaps the ones in most need of a learning tool are families who believe lobbing insults and accusations of incompetence at multiple law enforcement agencies will assist them in accomplishing anything other than raising red flags about their own conduct. I think it is a very foolish strategy that will have a very disappointing outcome for the family.

JMO

I can hardly blame the family for feeling mistreated and angry at the police. Who wouldn't be after seeing their loved one broadcast naked on tv without even a tent to cover her body. plus, according to the family, the LE did not provide them complete information about the case, even though it is their loved one's death that the LE were dealing with. I'm sure even Jonah and his family would feel the same way if the LE had treated them the way they did Rebecca's family.

A similar case happened in Australia in the 90's where a foreign student by the name of Jessica Chan was found dead in her apartment by police. Since there was no sign of assault on the body, and there was a high amount of morphine in her system, the coroner ruled Jessica Chan's death as suicide. The police thought so as well since they didn't find any evidence of foul play in the apartment. The husband of Jessica Chan wrote and wrote to the officials, badgering them to reopen the case and get a new investigation done. None of her family and friends believed that she had killed herself, because like Rebecca, Jessica was a Christian and was also pregnant with her first child. It took her husband one whole year to convince the officials to look at the case again. The new investigation lead to Jessica's death to be changed from suicide to murder after a new coroner examined her autopsy and felt she couldn't have killed herself in a drug overdose without having the needle right beside her when she died. The police and the previous coroner had overlooked that fact in the original investigation. Long story short, the police were finally able to catch Jessica's killer, who happened to be her doctor.

If Jessica Chan's husband had not questioned and badgered the officials to reopen the case again, her killer would not have been caught and no one would have known that she had been murdered. Cases like these shows that the LE are not infallible, and because they are human, they can also make mistakes. That's why I don't think it wrong of the Zahaus to badger or pressure the police about the case, since the whole investigation seems to have left more questions rather than answers in Rebecca's death.

Justicebeserved posted a new article from RadarOnline up in the "reference" thread. Here is a clip from it (thanks, justice!):

>>>snip

Rebecca's sister Mary Zahau tells RadarOnline.com, "The Sheriff's Department is not answering our calls or emails. But California gives victims rights to the case file, including the police report. There is also property of Rebecca's that was taken."

<<<snip
Bold mine. This is inexcusable. How much time does it take to fire off an e-mail to say, "nope, nothing yet," or "get a court order?"
a020.gif

MyBelle, never have truer words been spoken then these: 'The family does not deserve anything more or less than what is accorded to other families.'

MyBelle, this post is not directed at you personally, but at your statement and the meaning behind it. Was justice served?

There are just a few problems with this. Did the SDSO have a statement from the Zahau family at their website, along with Jonah's?

Was the Zahau family given the same presentation as Jonah, in the release of information concerning the case and why they reached the conclusion they reached?

Did the family know, prior to the press conference, that Adam Shacknai did NOT actually pass a LDT?

Did the Zahau family see actual proof that Jonah was at Max's bedside the night Rebecca died. Oh strike this one, as LE admitted that he wasn't at Max's bedside, despite their previous statement.

Did LE explain to the Zahau family, why Rebecca was kept on public view until 9 pm, after being 'cut down by Adam at 6:30'?

Did LE explain how and when the crime scene was compromised and what steps were taken afterwords to ensure that the evidence was preserved for investigation purposes?

This is but a partial list of how the Zahau family was not treated the same way as the Shacknai family. I am sure that others can add more examples.

Maybe if justice had been merited equally between both families, the Zahau family would not have to ask for a new investigation, as they would feel comfortable with the conclusions of LE's investigation.

Just adding a link to my opinion:

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...ly-not-received-evidence-about-her-death-cops

snips:

The San Diego County Sheriff's Department still hasn't turned evidence in the Rebecca Zahau death case over to her grieving family, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

Rebecca's sister Mary Zahau tells RadarOnline.com, "The Sheriff's Department is not answering our calls or emails. But California gives victims rights to the case file, including the police report. There is also property of Rebecca's that was taken."

The Zahau family wants to conduct their own independent investigation into the mysterious death, but can't do so until the San Diego County Sheriff's Department cooperates. "We can't do anything to investigate until we get those. I am so upset and heartbroken that my sister died."

I think this puts to rest, that the family has NOT asked for the property, or for the investigation to be reopened.

I find his signature pretty bizarre for someone in his role. My husband jokes that my signature is beyond easy to duplicate because over time of signing checks, business papers, etc, it has become just a bunch of loops. Who in the world signs like his? Bizarro.

BBM

Just my hunch....someone who wants to make sure everyone knows who he is. Let there be no doubt.

It also mentions poor lighting due to the time and that they are looking at the body is less than optimum conditions, or some such. Interesting since they waited until seven flippen thirty!!!

Also, that is why I am going to say alleged 'onefoot' print, until it is proven to actually belong to a LEO, since it is conveniently covering an unknown foot print.

Since it appears that LE had to have a search warrant to go on the premises, I am going to take a giant leap and say that they were not given permission by the homeowner and thus had to get a search warrant.

Wonder why that was? something to hide? clean up? whisk off the premises?

Why else was there such a lengthy delay??

Since it appears that LE had to have a search warrant to go on the premises, I am going to take a giant leap and say that they were not given permission by the homeowner and thus had to get a search warrant.

Does anyone know the exact time the premises were sealed off with crime scene tape (thus, barring anyone but LE from accessing the scene)?

Also - what time was the SW (41227) granted & executed?

Does anyone know the exact time the premises were sealed off with crime scene tape (thus, barring anyone but LE from accessing the scene)?

Hmmmm… I remember watching an officer unrolling some yellow crime scene tape in one of the videos. Will go look.

Late Friday night, deputies stretched crime-scene tape across the front of the historic 27-room mansion on Ocean Boulevard as officers searched the house for the second time in a week.

http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles/2011/07/16/20110716arizona-ceo-shacknai-coronado-son.html

Whoa!! Late Friday night?? Still searching!

You know, I remember, have no idea where it can be found, that an officer addressed the need for search warrants to be served. I don't think it had to do with the owner of the property, as much as ensuring that the chain of evidence was indeed intact. Of course, I could have been mistaken, as I have no link.

Some great pictures here. It is a blog by a photographer who I don't think is associated with a major media outfit and was apparently on site that morning. There is one pic that shows officers moving the crime scene tape and he states it was 11:30am.

http://www.theworldisraw.com/death-in-coronado-spreckels-mansion/

There is also an early video tape interview that's interesting.

Times shown are receipt and inventory of items seized at 16:26 and signed by the judge at 2:37pm. Both on 7/13

Times shown are receipt and inventory of items seized at 16:26 and signed by the judge at 2:37pm. Both on 7/13

TY Deanna!

So - @ 2:37 p.m. on 7/13/11, the Judge granted SW #41227 (the SW related to RZ's death).

At 4:26 p.m. on 7/13/11, Deputy Patterson signed off on the inventory list of confirmed items seized.

ETA: Wow - that was some mighty quick collecting of potential evidence, IMO. Two hours to search a mansion & collect items related to a possible homicide.

Some great pictures here. It is a blog by a photographer who I don't think is associated with a major media outfit and was apparently on site that morning. There is one pic that shows officers moving the crime scene tape and he states it was 11:30am.

http://www.theworldisraw.com/death-in-coronado-spreckels-mansion/

There is also an early video tape interview that's interesting.

..in the video portion (@1:25) captain curran responds to a reporter's question of "what do you do now?"

..curran: "we'll be executing a search warrant on this house, probably in a few hours.."

..the video is shot at 11:30 a.m. LE had been on scene for hours already----why the delay in executing a S/W?

http://www.theworldisraw.com/coronado-spreckels-mansion-theory/

TY Deanna!

So - @ 2:37 p.m. on 7/13/11, the Judge granted SW #41227 (the SW related to RZ's death).

At 4:26 p.m. on 7/13/11, Deputy Patterson signed off on the inventory list of confirmed items seized.

ETA: Wow - that was some mighty quick crime scene processing, IMO. Two hours to search a mansion & collect items potentially related to a possible homicide.

Here are a few sentences from the Search Warrant:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7141256&postcount=1"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Search Warrants Unsealed Shacknai Zahau[/ame]

Additionally, by searching the cell phone of the victim, I know that I will be able to determine recent callers to or from the victim which in my experience often leads to additional witnesses.

This is what Officer Patterson swore to on July 13. So why did it take six weeks to really take a look at those records?

Justicebeserved posted a new article from RadarOnline up in the "reference" thread. Here is a clip from it (thanks, justice!):

>>>snip

<<<snip
Bold mine. This is inexcusable. How much time does it take to fire off an e-mail to say, "nope, nothing yet," or "get a court order?"
a020.gif

I think it is just plain sad that she believes she is a crime victim and has some kind of rights. Her attorney needs to step in and help her.

JMO

Here are a few sentences from the Search Warrant:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Search Warrants Unsealed Shacknai Zahau

Additionally, by searching the cell phone of the victim, I know that I will be able to determine recent callers to or from the victim which in my experience often leads to additional witnesses.

This is what Officer Patterson swore to on July 13. So why did it take six weeks to really take a look at those records?

I really don't want to pick on LE, but this is another example of malfeasance unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford