60 Percent of Executions Happen in Texas!

And then some, like those boys who did those horrible Yogurt Shop murders get off due to technicalities!!!!

I can't say it's something to be proud of; have we reduced crime??? Have we gone up on Crime Prevention?? What difference does it make if it does not come close enough after the fact to mean something to criminals - and families of victims.

At least we're faster than California; if they want to export Scott Peterson over here to speed up the process, that would be great.

And then some, like those boys who did those horrible Yogurt Shop murders get off due to technicalities!!!!

I can't say it's something to be proud of; have we reduced crime??? Have we gone up on Crime Prevention?? What difference does it make if it does not come close enough after the fact to mean something to criminals - and families of victims.

At least we're faster than California; if they want to export Scott Peterson over here to speed up the process, that would be great.

LOL...I was thinking of him when I posted that!!!! :D Yeah...I hate when they get off on a tech! Makes me SICK!!! I say when they kill...they deserve to be killed.:mad:

Personally, I'm with "Louise" of Thelma and Louise. Drive around Texas, no matter how long it takes.

Aww, Nova, and you know I would make you some seriously good food and we could have drinks by the pool as well til the sun goes down and the moon comes up.

Aww, Nova, and you know I would make you some seriously good food and we could have drinks by the pool as well til the sun goes down and the moon comes up.

Maybe we could meet at the border. (The New Mexico border, please. I've been to Oklahoma and Arkansas. And I've seen Louisiana on TV.)

Maybe we could meet at the border. (The New Mexico border, please. I've been to Oklahoma and Arkansas. And I've seen Louisiana on TV.)
We have the best food....and the best football team! :D

We have the best food....and the best football team! :D

I love Texas AND Louisiana cuisine! But they are best served in stylish California restaurants, where shoot outs and Country music are less common.

I love Texas AND Louisiana cuisine! But they are best served in stylish California restaurants, where shoot outs and Country music are less common.
HEY......Country music is awesome!!
:razz:

It'll be a great day for me when they execute Darlie Routier. Her poor two boys she so brutally murdered have been all but forgotten because of "her" and her and her families cries of "innocent." Baloney.

It'll be a great day for me when they execute Darlie Routier. Her poor two boys she so brutally murdered have been all but forgotten because of "her" and her and her families cries of "innocent." Baloney.
Don't worry. She will be juiced in the not too distant future.

Hey, that's over a day's drive for me. Big state here.

And you know we Texans really don't consider Oklahoma, Arkansas, or Louisiana (except for the food in LA.) so interesting, anyway. (Sorry, Okies, you knew that already, and to our Cajun cousins, it's an interstate, not a farm to market road, so fix the potholes already. As for Arkansas, they'll take our money for trout fishing, and we all know that.)

Nope, you have to come on down where you can feel the Gulf breeze and get the shrimp fresh. Besides, if you come on in, you can check out the Marfa lights and the artist/writer community there. http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/MM/lxm1.html

And you know you would love Austin. We send all the liberals there; the artistic ones moan about how it's just not the same as it was in the 60's/70's/80's and the Californians gloat over the real estate prices. The rest of them are University of Texas grads and they just gloat about being that.
http://www.co.travis.tx.us/tnr/parks/hippie_hollow.asp

Hey, that's over a day's drive for me. Big state here.

And you know we Texans really don't consider Oklahoma, Arkansas, or Louisiana (except for the food in LA.) so interesting, anyway. (Sorry, Okies, you knew that already, and to our Cajun cousins, it's an interstate, not a farm to market road, so fix the potholes already. As for Arkansas, they'll take our money for trout fishing, and we all know that.)

Nope, you have to come on down where you can feel the Gulf breeze and get the shrimp fresh. Besides, if you come on in, you can check out the Marfa lights and the artist/writer community there. http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/MM/lxm1.html

And you know you would love Austin. We send all the liberals there; the artistic ones moan about how it's just not the same as it was in the 60's/70's/80's and the Californians gloat over the real estate prices. The rest of them are University of Texas grads and they just gloat about being that.
http://www.co.travis.tx.us/tnr/parks/hippie_hollow.asp
If you are feeling the Gulf breeze...then we must be nearly neighbors Texana!

:cool:

We have Gulf breeze! And fresh shrimp...although we prefer crawfish and alligator.

Our politicians say the horse and buggy trails (potholes) add character and charm. :cool: And we'll have plenty of people on 'em for the Sugar Bowl, The National Championship, and then Mardi Gras! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:Y'all come on over/down. :D

ETA: We're probably not too far, if at all, behind Texas on executions either.

I would nearly kill (and NO, I AM NOT DARLIE) for one REAL taste of some REAL cajun food...jambalaya, or gumbo, or ANYTHING....I once had a chance to go to New Orleans (all exspenses paid, about 3 yrs ago, by a boyfriend....)
Unfortunately, though an adult at the time my dad still ruled my life and forbade me to go...I wish so much I had disobeyed him...but to do so would have meant I would have had to move outta the home he owned and I rented...it was one of his ways of holding things over my head, and getting me to do what HE approved of, although I was like 24 at the time....
God how I wish I had gone...will NEVER get that chance again, and dad would ended up pulling a "power trip" forcing me to move a year after anyway....how I hate him for all the opportunuities missed in my life....no matter my age he has ALWAYS had something to hold over me in life to get me to do AS HE WANTS, NOT AS I WANT....
To this day (aged 28 for me) he still has something against or above me...what I don't care to go into, but it's there, just as HE wants it...God forgive me, but I HATE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: I'm so sorry to read that WR. My dad is much the same way, so I sympathize.

I have never been to Texas..or Oklahoma, Arkansas or Louisiana for that matter. It is my fondest wish to visit someday. I am obsessed with the South.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back