AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
So according to this neighbor, all dogs are going crazy at 6:30am. By this time it is light out. Isa's mother is probably getting ready to go to work, or has just left. And yet nobody bothered to check why the dogs were going nuts? Kidnapper breaks in and takes Isa in broad daylight? Does that not make sense to anyone else?

:waitasec::waitasec:

Hey everyone- I'm new here. THis case and the Caleigh Harrison case in Rockport, MA pulled me in. I'm praying for Isa constantly.

Anyway, fwiw, I wanted to chime in about work shifts for nurses. I work for a hospital (admin), but I also spent A LOT of time in the hospital while my mom was dying of cancer. The hospitals we work for/had her treatments at have mid shifts- 12p-12a or 11a-11p.

Thanks for joining us :) Welcome to Websleuths.

Even after the case is solved, parents are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
OT - sorry, but as a somewhat local who followed this story and family it is always in my mind and he has been outed as what he truly is and I just can't fathom anyone defending him.

not him - IMO he is a horrible person, just google what was found on his computer and how he got his son from being on the sex offender registery.

so they family is allowed to go back to their home and choosing not to or are they being kept from their home?

This may have been covered already but I have a few questions.
1. Was this mom's normal routine on weekends when she had to go into work early? Such as did she always leave without checking in on kids.

2. What about the 10 and 14 yo? Have they been questioned? I have a 14yo ds who is a nightowl on a friday night. He plays video games and creeps around in the kitchen for snacks really late at night.

3. Did we ever find out when trash pick up was? I think Saturday morning would be an odd pickup day, but maybe that was the voices the neighbor heard?

4. Did Isa ever sleep in her parents rooms or get up in the middle of the night to sleep in their room? Both my kids would do this up until about 10. Heck my 10yo dd still sleeps with me if dad is out of town.

1. We have not heard much in the way of case-specific details. We don't know mom's normal routine.
2. The police have questioned all of the family.
3. Municipal trash pick up for plastic home containers in that neighborhood is on Thursdays. However, the house is surrounded by commercial properties that have dumpsters. LE has stated in pressers that there was some form of trash pick up on Saturday in the neighborhood, hence searching the landfill.
The neighbor claims the voices seemed outside her bedroom window. Her window faces a wall that is the wall on the east side of the Celis' yard. I suppose voices could carry from the alleyway or side street, a backyard away. IDK
4. We have not heard about Isa's sleeping habits except for NG's claim that she slept in her brothers' room.

That's what I know, for what it's worth. Good questions.

If there was activity on the security cameras, why doesn't le release those images to the public so if someone knows the person or car(s) involved they can have those checked out? I don't understand why they would sit on that?

did you follow the Samantha case? the girl missing from Alaska - they have video as well and didn't release it. As much as we all would like to see it, we have to have faith that they are holding it for some reason.

Perhaps someone could help me out.

I am a bit confused about the Celis Family wanting or needing police protection.
Is that common in missing children cases?

It seems they are afraid about something happening if they return home.

I don't know what to make of the neighbor and voices, either; except that it sounds as though the dogs were in the backyard from the neighbors statement. Did the dogs stay there nightly? Would not they bark at anything all night if that were true? Certainly if someone entered their territory.

If the dogs were outside, I would have a whole new set of questions. Did the mom let them out before she left for work, which might suggest she left for work earlier than 6:30 am? If the Mom left at 7:30 as reported, why did she not call dogs "going nuts" at 6:30 am back in the house?

None of it is making any sense to me.

did you follow the Samantha case? the girl missing from Alaska - they have video as well and didn't release it. As much as we all would like to see it, we have to have faith that they are holding it for some reason.

Same thing in Kenia's case - they had surveillance video of her in a lobby of a building. They had surveillance video of Travis wheeling the cooler into the freezer, etc. I was really surprised at how much information they had after his arrest.

I am a bit confused about the Celis Family wanting or needing police protection.

Could they be afraid of the media?
They were not the type to get in front of the camera right away. They said "no" to media essentially for days.

I do understand that, but in the case of missing children, I want to think a parent's plea on camera right away is a good move, just in case the child is being held by someone?

I think that got misconstrued.

They ask them for police protection concerning the security of their home.. since even though they are allowed to go back.......they dont want to do so. They have not stayed there since Isa was abducted. Not even when the home was released to them.

The police did say they would do periodic checks of the home.

I am sure they worry about lurky/looky-loos and the media jumping the fence in order to get a close up shot of the inside of their home.

IMO

So according to this neighbor, all dogs are going crazy at 6:30am. By this time it is light out. Isa's mother is probably getting ready to go to work, or has just left. And yet nobody bothered to check why the dogs were going nuts? Kidnapper breaks in and takes Isa in broad daylight? Does that not make sense to anyone else?

:waitasec::waitasec:
If I was used to them going crazy I'd tune them out honestly. 630 may or may not be related to this case...she may have been gone before then.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I'm still puzzled by Sergio Celis' mention of "demands" during his brief statement yesterday. When LE Chief was questioned about this during a later presser, he stated that there had been no ransom demands in Isabel's disappearance. Why would Isa's dad plea to kidnappers and mention "meeting (their) demands" if there hasn't been a ransom demand? Does anyone else find this odd?

I think that got misconstrued.

They ask them for police protection concerning their home.. since even though they are allowed to go back.......they dont want to do so. They have not stayed there since Isa was abducted. Not even when the home was released to them.

The police did say they would do periodic checks of the home.

I am sure they worry about lurky/looky-loos and the media jumping the fence in order to get a close up shot of the inside of their home.

IMO

OBE, The way I read it, it seemed like the police protection was for the family ? Is there something written or said someplace that states that the police protection was for the house ? TIA

IDK about getting used to dogs going crazy, and I have had dogs all of my life.
Most incessantly barking dog owners probably would not want me as a neighbor, because if I hear a constantly barking dog, I am going to call that in at some point.

Anyway, if the Celis' family has a pending Tucson Animal Care case, with dogs at large complaints, and court dates coming up, why would they let their dogs simply go nuts at 6:30 am on a Saturday morning when it is more likely for a complaint to be called in?

I'm still puzzled by Sergio Celis' mention of "demands" during his brief statement yesterday. When LE Chief was questioned about this during a later presser, he stated that there had been no ransom demands in Isabel's disappearance. Why would Isa's dad plea to kidnappers and mention "meeting (their) demands" if there hasn't been a ransom demand? Does anyone else find this odd?

I am not puzzled by that at all. Just because no one has made contact yet doesnt mean they weren't listening to the parents when they made a plea for her safe return. In fact I do think the perp was listening and has been keeping up with everything to do with this case.

I think he is hoping and praying.. that whoever has Isa will give her back, and he wanted that person to know that the family will meet his demands, whatever they may be.. if he will let her come home safe and sound.

It is far better to think there is a possible chance that they can reason with the kidnapper than to think this person is never going to release Isa and she is dead.

I can see any parent wanting to cling to that small glimmer of hope...even though it probably wont happen like they desperately pray that it will.

IMO

Good morning, Everyone!

I am not convinced when the neighbor heard the dogs barking that it had anything to do with Isa being abducted. By 6:30 am people can start milling around and a lot of people have to work on Saturdays.

But I am intrigued about the dog or dogs getting loose just one week before Isa went missing. If the dogs were prone to get out of the fence then I would think there would be an habitual record of that happening but this seems to be the only time.

So how did the dog get loose and what time did they realize they werent in the fence? Did someone let the dog or the larger dog out on purpose when they werent there or were asleep? Were they trying to elimate their risks? Or were they plannng on doing it that day and the dogs came out of the gate when they opened it? Or did they let the dogs out when they opened the gate late in the night so they could peer into the windows in order to find Isa's bedroom?

I dont know, but something about the dogs being able to get out of the yard just a week before nags me for some reason. It just makes me feel that whoever this is was already staking the home out.

So did they start putting the dogs inside at night to make sure they did not get out of the fence?

imo

Respectfully edited. Re: the dogs. The Celis family has been cited for several dog-related issues. I'm not sure that the recent incident was the only time that the dogs were running loose. The document is on one of the Isabel threads, but I haven't been able to locate it since reading your post.

No not really. He's quite possibly exhausted mentally and physically and scared and nervous. Under those circumstances strange things can come out. Likely he meant that if kidnappers wanted a ransom they would meet those demands.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member