FL - Hurricane Hermine, September 2016

Just checked my rain gauge, and I'm surprised. Guess I slept thru the worse. Rainfall from Hermine at my house, so far -- 6 inches.

Just checked my rain gauge, and I'm surprised. Guess I slept thru the worse. Rainfall from Hermine at my house, so far -- 6 inches.

Is it still raining now? Intnesity?

GeeEm

have you spoken with your folks?

Is it still raining now? Intnesity?

GeeEm

have you spoken with your folks?

Not raining right now, but it is pretty windy. Radar looks like we'll be getting rain again soon.

Now that folks are getting up and about its bad Homeless man in tent killed by tree

Charlie 6 million were without power Never forget this front page

orlando_sentinal_hurricane_frances.JPG

From about Citrus County all the way down to Fort Myers, a huge feeder band is still making its way over the area. Crazy amounts of rain!! And I know so many people who were nay-saying about this storm. We woke up at 3:30 AM to the winds howling and the rain coming down in buckets. The tidal surge flooded many areas along the coast. I've heard there is one death somewhere from a tree toppling over on someone.

http://www.wnem.com/story/32985380/the-latest-couple-injured-when-they-drive-into-downed-tree

8:15 a.m.
Fire rescue officials in Tallahassee say high winds knocked trees onto several houses injuring residents inside.
Spokesman Mike Bellamy tells The Associated Press that several people were taken to area hospitals with injuries that weren't thought to be life-threatening as the storm passed across the Tallahassee area early Friday.
Bellamy says his agency responded to more than 300 calls overnight.
He says there are power lines down, and many people are still without electricity in their homes. The area had winds of about 64 mph and 4 to 5 inches of rain.
___

Lots of details in this report. I'm just thankful it was only a Cat 1.

From about Citrus County all the way down to Fort Myers, a huge feeder band is still making its way over the area. Crazy amounts of rain!! And I know so many people who were nay-saying about this storm. We woke up at 3:30 AM to the winds howling and the rain coming down in buckets. The tidal surge flooded many areas along the coast. I've heard there is one death somewhere from a tree toppling over on someone.

Still looks nasty south of Tampa. It wasn't a strong storm, but it sure is BIG.

Drone

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=99e_1472840709

Heard about Zika and the hurricane thought hysteria. But it just hit me -- standing water. Congress does not think 9 feet of water standing around breeding is all that important - they may talk about it when they get back from their 9th vacation of the year - idiots

Honest the only thing I remeber them coming out of vacation for was when there was big stuff going on with their protecters - the secret service.

Just got our power back on. Feel so badly for those still without. Stay safe everyone.

Praying for everyone! Stay safe out there! We had a lot of large limbs down and lost power for a while (but I slept through that thankfully!) So sad about the homeless man's death. :(

Long Island, NY is getting geared up!
Just got an alert that Hermine is expected to strengthen and hit us.

Time to stock up on wine and cheese!

Be safe everyone!

An amazing story

[video=youtube;pzfOuMLHCm8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzfOuMLHCm8[/video]

Long Island, NY is getting geared up!
Just got an alert that Hermine is expected to strengthen and hit us.

Time to stock up on wine and cheese!

Be safe everyone!

Hope you are well stocked up and all stays safe for all of your Keep us posted, please.

TS Hermine strengthens -- 60 MPH. Stay safe.

I'm in wildwood New Jersey now.....cloudy and windy as all heck......still no rain......yet

Drone

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=99e_1472840709

Heard about Zika and the hurricane thought hysteria. But it just hit me -- standing water. Congress does not think 9 feet of water standing around breeding is all that important - they may talk about it when they get back from their 9th vacation of the year - idiots

Honest the only thing I remeber them coming out of vacation for was when there was big stuff going on with their protecters - the secret service.

All I know is there's a confirmed case of Zika here in Cincinnati Ohio and I'm about to pack my bags and go to the moon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back