Disposal of Naveah's body: Theories

not to be sick and disgusting but the perp could also have yanked her down the hill by her hair. It takes quite a bit of force to rip a clump of hair out of a head. The other possibility is dragging.

I agree. In my previous post I said she could have been dragged down there by her hair. And, you are very correct in saying it takes a lot of force to pull the hair out.

If already dead, the hair could have more easily been pulled out, I would suspect. I apologize for being so graphic. Both the heinous nature of what happened and the evidence is part of this crime.

Here's another thought: did the perp. drag her down there by her hair in order to avoid additional fingerprint or DNA evidence? Wonder what scrape marks will be on the body.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090608/NEWS05/90608021/Nevaeh+s+family+must+wait+for+DNA+test
Initially, authorities hoped to ID the girl based on dental records, but Nevaeh had never had dental X-rays, her family members said. The family has not been asked to visually identify the girl because of the condition of the body, authorities said.

The girl found Thursday had been buried beneath a layer of concrete near the water "for quite a while," Crutchfield said Friday. On Monday, he released a statement saying that the identification hinges on the Michigan State Police's crime lab, which is running the DNA testing.

A child was snatched while playing in the street. Given the cast of characters probably fro some horrible purpose. This is not a crime of deep planning or preperation. It is a crime of impulse to appease some truly horrifying urges.

The disposal also makes me think it was impulsive. The perp is obviously someone who fishes the river. He went to a remote semi private area that he knew and was comfortable with. He dug a hole but couldn't get it deep enough so he then resorted to the Quickcrete. Which obviously was a fairly redily available material that he was also familiar with.

The beer can in the grave sort of reinforces that this was probably a series of decisions made while at least partially intoxicated, and without alot of long term planning or thought to the ultimate consequences or the fine details.

A child was snatched while playing in the street. Given the cast of characters probably fro some horrible purpose. This is not a crime of deep planning or preperation. It is a crime of impulse to appease some truly horrifying urges.

The disposal also makes me think it was impulsive. The perp is obviously someone who fishes the river. He went to a remote semi private area that he knew and was comfortable with. He dug a hole but couldn't get it deep enough so he then resorted to the Quickcrete. Which obviously was a fairly redily available material that he was also familiar with.

The beer can in the grave sort of reinforces that this was probably a series of decisions made while at least partially intoxicated, and without alot of long term planning or thought to the ultimate consequences or the fine details.

I agree with impulsive and poorly planned, I am not sure I believe she was snatched off the street while playing.

I agree with impulsive and poorly planned, I am not sure I believe she was snatched off the street while playing.

I dont know if she was snatched or went with someone she knew (which I suspect more likely), but the scooter being found outside lends creedence to her being outside playing at least for the time leading up to her disapearence. I honestly cant see her mother being bright enough to setup or stage something like that, and i cant see anyone else having the access to do so.

Kiki, did JB have a vehicle? Sorry to ask. I have been here for a while on too much at times, and had to walk away a few. Not because of anyone here but it's just too horrific for me. I would like to know if she did or had access to one to a vehicle. Back to reading. Thanks.

Still searching but can not yet find any mention of her vehicle nor reference to any car driven by JB.

Here's another thought: did the perp. drag her down there by her hair in order to avoid additional fingerprint or DNA evidence? Wonder what scrape marks will be on the body.

not to be sick and disgusting but the perp could also have yanked her down the hill by her hair. It takes quite a bit of force to rip a clump of hair out of a head. The other possibility is dragging.

I agree. In my previous post I said she could have been dragged down there by her hair. And, you are very correct in saying it takes a lot of force to pull the hair out.

If already dead, the hair could have more easily been pulled out, I would suspect. I apologize for being so graphic. Both the heinous nature of what happened and the evidence is part of this crime.

I know I need to step away, but at the same time growing outrage at this and a burdened heart compel me to keep following...
:(
I wish I could believe Nevaeh's hair was pulled out after death--it would at least be better than the alternative. Perhaps caught on brush or w/e while getting her lifeless body down to the river's edge. Yet this would entail carrying/dragging an already deceased child's body out in the open--fully exposed ie with no effort to hide--no cooler, nothing to conceal. Does not make sense if they were coming from the road but the whole scenario is just so utterly brazen it boggles the mind anyway. (Of course it is no easier to imagine perp risking being seen luring a live child to this location.) Again, like my friend concentric I apologize in advance for gruesome comments but I can't help thinking it is during a struggle--suffocation or drowning in particular--that any quantity of hair would be most likely to be pulled out. This is hard for me to write, I have a little girl in kindergarten and just this am fixed her hair in two little pigtails (crying) Nevaeh should have been picnicking and swimming like my little girl on Memorial Day, and looking forward eagerly to starting kindergarten this fall. I'm outraged and brokenhearted.

:parrot:

Has it been confirmed that a clump of hair was found at the scene? I know that was reported initially, but much of what was reported right away was incorrect.

Has it been confirmed that a clump of hair was found at the scene? I know that was reported initially, but much of what was reported right away was incorrect.

I did a search Chilly and only one article popped up with the reference to a "clump of hair" and Nevaeh through google news search engine.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090604/NEWS06/90604076/Body+found+by+river+is+called+Nevaeh+s

June 4, 2009

...Volunteers claimed to have found a clump of long brown hair, said the Rev. Dale Hayford, senior pastor of Crosswalk Community Church in Monroe...

I think I would treat it as rumor at this point in time, don't you agree?

Heck....there hasn't even been confirmation that it was neveah yet... ((sigh)).. I don't think anything from the scene has been confirmed by LE yet..

if whoever did this drove Nevaeh there, where would they have parked? it doesn't look like you can just pull to the side of the road right by where the body was located. does anyone know?

Hi, I'm not so sure about that either as her scooter was leaned up against the bldg. If she was snatched I think the scooter would remain on the ground, and can't imagine her playmates leaning it up against the bldg. Still thinking about that!

if whoever did this drove Nevaeh there, where would they have parked? it doesn't look like you can just pull to the side of the road right by where the body was located. does anyone know?

Hi Joga, I have read about and seen a video where it is mentioned cars park behind that white guardrail. In fact you can see it is well worn where cars pull off the road at the W end of the rail.

Initially it was reported Nevaeh's hair was found at disposal site. For some reason this conjures up in my mind a struggle there at the scene although not necessarily. Also, it could be that what appears to be an "amateurish" burial was instead an "I'll never get caught" cockiness, "feeling right at home" comfort level, "feeling no pain" courage from a bottle, and a cavalier "devil may care" kind of sloppiness that comes from overconfidence, all rolled into one. I believe it was someone who, in addition to a heart and a brain, lacked resources, who like many parolees or offenders lacks any private housing or anywhere to conceal a body (much less a child) even for a brief time ie perhaps lacked even their own transportation and thus had very limited options when it came to logistics. Who saw what he felt was an opportunity and then hastily took her where he felt most at ease but clearly never bothered to think any of this through. Since GK's the one who had to borrow RS's van, no wonder LE's got the two locked up until the autopsy's been completed. Was the van released, or taken into evidence? :prayer:

:parrot:

KiKi, Sorry I went back so far to grab this but....this sound like one of the crime novels my wife reads! I mean that in a good way. You don't have a PEN name do you?

Hi, I'm not so sure about that either as her scooter was leaned up against the bldg. If she was snatched I think the scooter would remain on the ground, and can't imagine her playmates leaning it up against the bldg. Still thinking about that!

It wasn't Naveah's scooter, it was a friend's from what I've read.
I was asking on the other thread if most people even thought she was riding the scooter. Was it left outside, overnight? Did one of the other children ask Naveah to go outside with her/him to ride on it, then left? Did the other child even see her riding it; or was it something that someone else told her? Did someone follow Naveah into the hallway and say something to her to make her go outside?

Wonder how LE is questioning the children and the parents of those children.

As to her disposal, I wonder if the perp took her down that steep path by holding her under his arm?

I think it would be the most inconspicuous and simple way to do it if it was after dark. I can't see the perp doing this in daylight - too risky with a boat possibly going by. And no one fishes after dark ~ usually.

I am a bit baffled by the media reports.:waitasec:

First they report there were NO obvious signs of any violence/external trauma. No we hear the body is too decomposed so the relatives cannot identify it and in a very bad condition that the cause of death may be difficult to determine.

If the body is indeed in such a bad condition, how they can say no obvious signs of trauma?:eek:

Meanwhile Monday, stuffed animals and artificial flowers, a Precious Moments princess and a fairy with butterfly wings share space on a guardrail on the remote, two-lane Dixon Road.

Fifteen feet from the guardrail, the ground drops a precarious 60 degrees, falling 30 feet to the River Raisin.

It's a muddy climb down to the water, but several made it. There are more artificial flowers. And someone planted a cross on or near the spot where a body was found, covered with quick-set concrete Creepy...

snipped the above out of an article in freepress...explains just how steep the hill is.

I'm still sticking with the boat theory..nothings to heavy when you carry it in a boat! And at least locally here, it has not been said anywhere that police have discounted the boat theory that I know of...and how could they anyway? I mean really? It certainly makes the most sense to me. Also explains why she is SO close to river...when he was done, he could have just washed away his footprints..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back