John Morgan to depose Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morgan is a highly skilled lawyer, he is a trial lawyer. He will chew them up and spit them out. Baez will be cowering and crying like a little girl when he's done with them.
jmo

LOL now that is funny picture. He seems like a sharp lawyer. I am anxious to hear how Casey was injured too. Hope we get to see this interview.

I was also wondering what happened with this. Nothing yet, eh?

:floorlaugh: Wow, that one literally made me spit coffee at the screen. That was great! :floorlaugh:

I think he's building Castles in the Sky hahahaa:waitasec:

Morgan is a highly skilled lawyer, he is a trial lawyer. He will chew them up and spit them out. Baez will be cowering and crying like a little girl when he's done with them.
jmo

LOL now that is funny picture. He seems like a sharp lawyer. I am anxious to hear how Casey was injured too. Hope we get to see this interview.

Where is Karate Dad? I can only imagine how he would photoshop this!

Awwww How nice for Casey. I'm sure she's bored & looking forward to making another new friend. lol

Can she just plead the 5th or will she be forced to...... lie?

Can't wait to see what lies she comes up with on this one. Does anyone think she'll really tell the truth? That web is gonna tighten around her soon

Maybe Casey will be able to see how a good lawyer acts. moo

Baez is emphatically a MORON, they should have let this one go. The cats out of the bag now.

Yes....Jose is a MORON

Why did he file a counter suit in the first place..?

What did he hope to gain..?

Either he is the dumbest lawyer ever or Casey is telling him what to do & he's blindly obeying her every wish...........Which would still make him the dumbest lawyer to ever..!

Wasn't this deposition long due? We haven't heard anything about this for quite a while!

Another mistake KC made was describing the same car that ZG drives.

I think they just might drop the lawsuit, she is not going to want to be questioned. I still am floored that they even filed a counter claim. Not sure what JB is thinking.

He wasn't thinking........He's an Idiot

I have a feeling that KC demanded that a counter suit be filed & Jose agreed

He's either totally smitten with her or he's afraid that KC will dump him for another lawyer unless he obeys her every command.

BOLDED BY BOSTON

:rolleyes:
Wasn't this deposition long due? We haven't heard anything about this for quite a while!

Morgan wanted to depose her w/in a week and made every day available. Certainly she has the free time to do that. I would like to know what she wrote for answers in the set of interrogatories he had her fill out. Of course, it is none of my business. But those answers are meant to be truthful. There is just no way she could answer his questions without laying a trap for herself because the questions dealt with ZFG. At least Morgan has her interrogatories.

He wasn't thinking........He's an Idiot

I have a feeling that KC demanded that a counter suit be filed & Jose agreed

He's either totally smitten with her or he's afraid that KC will dump him for another lawyer unless he obeys her every command.

BOLDED BY BOSTON

I think JB advised KC she has the right to counter sue. KC thought it'd be cool. JB thought it'd scare them off. :smoochiesmilie:

They are like two peas in a pod, they deserve each other. :hug:

Isn't the media incredible! They were ALL OVER this when Morgan first granted his interview and talked about this deposition and then...NOTHING! They haven't even followed up with a statement that things are on hold or delayed!

Whenever I read the title of this thread, it says -

"John Morgan to depose Casey"

I always see -

"John Morgan to dispose of Casey"

Seems about right.

Whenever I read the title of this thread, it says -

"John Morgan to depose Casey"

I always see -

"John Morgan to dispose of Casey"

Seems about right.

hehehe - just might happen (we can only hope.)

Depending upon the hoops one has to jump through to get one set up, youve got:

(1) calls between the lawyers of record to ensure calendar availability
(2) calls to the judge's chambers to ensure availability (this is if they do it as I hope - with the judge avaiilable by phone OR in the courtroom itself with the judge available a mere few steps away to rule on any "I take the 5th" proclamations)
(3) calls to the jail to set up moving Casey to the courtroom or to set up having it at the jail;
(4) calls to the courtroom personnel to set it up, if at the courtroom; etc.

Then, add to that the holiday schedule and most judges' and attorneys' calendars are already full (I'm typically booked up 1-2 months in advance for an all day depo, which is what it takes to get an 8 hour one done.)

If it hasn't already been scheduled and set up, then I doubt it will happen until January, at the earliest.

Depending upon the hoops one has to jump through to get one set up, youve got:

(1) calls between the lawyers of record to ensure calendar availability
(2) calls to the judge's chambers to ensure availability (this is if they do it as I hope - with the judge avaiilable by phone OR in the courtroom itself with the judge available a mere few steps away to rule on any "I take the 5th" proclamations)
(3) calls to the jail to set up moving Casey to the courtroom or to set up having it at the jail;
(4) calls to the courtroom personnel to set it up, if at the courtroom; etc.

Then, add to that the holiday schedule and most judges' and attorneys' calendars are already full (I'm typically booked up 1-2 months in advance for an all day depo, which is what it takes to get an 8 hour one done.)

If it hasn't already been scheduled and set up, then I doubt it will happen until January, at the earliest.

Thanks for all the info. I'm wondering how long Jose could legitimately stall saying his schedule didn't allow?

Thanks for all the info. I'm wondering how long Jose could legitimately stall saying his schedule didn't allow?

Well, what typically takes place in trying to get a depo scheduled when one attorney is trying to stall it from going forward is this:

(1) Attorney A sends Attorney B a letter saying he wants to take the deposition of Deponant A and that he expects it will take a full day (8 hours)and includes 4-5 of his preferred dates for Attorney B to consider (which, depending upon Attorney A's previously scheduled engagements together with whether the requesting attorney has any need to quickly take the deposition, may or may not even be in the present month or even in the month thereafter;)

(2) Attorney B responds by saying that none of the dates floated by Attorney A work with his calendar, and further responds by saying that "I've got no full dates left until ___ (fill in the blank with the month that's now after that in which the dates floated by Attorney A fell), and instead of providing dates for this next month, Attorney B's letter goes on to say, "float me those dates in month ___ that work for your calendar, Attorney A", or, to make it tough to schedule, but still be able to argue to a judge that he wasn't being uncooperative, Attorney B will provide dates in month ___, but ONLY 1-2, in the hopes that he's narrowed the odds considerably that Attorney A will be available on either of the date(s) provided;

(3) IF Attorney B failed to provide available date(s) for which he is available, then Attorney A now has to look at his calendar AGAIN, further into the future, and send another letter with his available date(s) for the even-further-into-the-future time frame. At this point, most attorneys in Attorney A's position are going to respond by saying "You, Attorney B, give me your first available date after those I'd already floated and I'll make that work!"

Note that all of the above gets further complicated when (1) trying to get dates from a jail official, since jails have specific rules about when and how long depos may be conducted on the premises (if they have a room suitable, that is, as not all do,) and (2) trying to get dates from a judge and/or courtroom scheduling personnel, if you want or have to take it in the courtroom, and/or desire the judge's availability (in chambers at least, so he can enter and take the bench to rule upon any "objection" that comes up during the depo as it comes up, as I've suggested Morgan should do to prevent Casey/her attorney from trying to urge 5th Amendment as a blanket objection to each and every question posed to her, if said depo takes place before her criminal trial - though some convicted criminals even attempt to do it ad infinitum, due to the fact that they are busy little :bee: trying to appeal their convictions!)

So you can see, in the present case, had Morgan asked for dates in the month of December, it would be quite easy for Baez to say he had nothing available due to his schedule being filled AND the approaching holidays, taking us beyond December and into January, and Baez could then try to delay it into February without Morgan being able to do much about it. If Baez tries the cr@p I mention above, I expect Morgan will do what I always do at that point: quit trying to be "nice," and send out a Notice of Deposition for Casey Anthony on one of the dates that work for his calendar in first week of February and make Baez TRY to file anything in opposition to strike it - trial judges do NOT take kindly to attorneys who deliberately try to stall a civil litigants' right to conduct discovery in their case. I've never lost when dealing with attorneys who attempt these tactics - but you just have to know how to handle them, and I'm betting Morgan's lengthy trial record means he know how.

According to myorangeclerk.com, under case actions, John Morgan atty there is a
"NOTICE OF TAKING DEPOSITION OF CINDY ANTHONY AND GEORGE ANTHONY ON 12/22/08"
So I guess CA and GA are up first for depositions.
Anyone understand who is paying who for what - at the bottom under
"Case Financial Details" for ZFG, is this what she is having to pay for copies of records?

http://www.myorangeclerk.com/ (on left click My Clerk)
Takes you to "myclerk Disclaimer" read and click Yes
Takes you to "myclerk Search page" Scroll down and search for "Civil"
Takes you to name search page put in, of course, "casey anthony"
Next page hit "details"
This detailed description of how to get to records is only because it took me quite a few times to figure out that I had to go to disclaimer page first and maybe there is one other person out there with my "internet short term memory thing".

According to myorangeclerk.com, under case actions, John Morgan atty there is a
"NOTICE OF TAKING DEPOSITION OF CINDY ANTHONY AND GEORGE ANTHONY ON 12/22/08"
So I guess CA and GA are up first for depositions.
Anyone understand who is paying who for what - at the bottom under
"Case Financial Details" for ZFG, is this what she is having to pay for copies of records?

http://www.myorangeclerk.com/ (on left click My Clerk)
Takes you to "myclerk Disclaimer" read and click Yes
Takes you to "myclerk Search page" Scroll down and search for "Civil"
Takes you to name search page put in, of course, "casey anthony"
Next page hit "details"
This detailed description of how to get to records is only because it took me quite a few times to figure out that I had to go to disclaimer page first and maybe there is one other person out there with my "internet short term memory thing".

:clap::clap: Yes :woohoo: This is great news! I was just wondering about this.

Thanks Chezhire, for the great explanation, in easy to understand terms :)

Looks like they came to a date for CA & GA, at least ...now to wait and see for KC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie