LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hrm. The dogs did not pick up her scent ANYWHERE? No phone records? No cell records? No tower ping logs? Her phone battery just happened to be dead but she was riding home on a bike at 2 a.m.? Someting ain't right here. I think all of this information exists, just someone is holding on to it.
>>
Craft also said they have picked up several items of potential evidence, but so far, none of those seems to be connected to the case. He also confirmed that her cell phone was turned off and that police are not able to get any information about her location using that avenue.
“It’s the type of cell phone that, when you cut it off, you can’t ping it,” Craft said.<<

http://kpel965.com/latest-information-search-for-mickey-shunick-continues/

What does this mean? Who did what?

TIA for explanation.

I don't know that is why when I get stuck in a case I go back to the beginning.

If you look at many of my posts throughout this case the only thing truly confirmed that I am aware of is that MS is missing.

So I am asking this group of people and locals to correct me if I am wrong as the information usually comes from LE. In this case the friends/family have been the major source of information.

LE has given ONE press conference and that was regarding the bike.

I realize it that, but they still haven't been able to charge him. IMO this RSO isn't bright enough to have pulled this off.

I really don't think it comes down to how bright someone is, when hiding a body...it mostly comes down to luck, as in either the victim is found or not found...many times people have been found in areas previously searched, for example. I think we give some of these perps far too much credit.

The dogs picked up no scent of Mickey whatsoever correct?

There was no statement regarding all of the dog searches, and there were four that I know of. No statement does not equal no scent. It just means we were not told!

These dogs are amazing. Yes they can be wrong that is why there are usually more than one.

To my understanding there was no scent of her picked up anywhere. If I am wrong could someone please correct me?

These dogs are amazing but they are not perfect. Search dogs failed to find Jessica Lunsford, and she was right across the street from her home.

There was no statement regarding all of the dog searches, and there were four that I know of. No statement does not equal no scent. It just means we were not told!

If they did pick up a scent...apparently it ended someplace...and Mickey was not there :(

If they did pick up a scent...apparently it ended someplace...and Mickey was not there :(

I know I saw dogs and LE searching by the Cajun Dome, and they had crime scene tape up..... Don't know if they found anything because they never said.

No they are not perfect. There was discussion regarding dogs at BW's early on.

Like many have stated here if they go missing to let everyone here know as at least there would be a huge group of people looking for them. I agree with those statements.

That is why I am asking the questions I have been. The family went to social networking immediately which got the word out quickly. Like I said when I am stuck or have felt like I have throughout this case that I am missing a number of pieces to the puzzle I go back to the beginning.

I know I saw dogs and LE searching by the Cajun Dome, and they had crime scene tape up..... Don't know if they found anything because they never said.

Yes. I remember you stating that as I was trying to determine where LE was searching but it became a bit of an issue so I let it drop.

I had thought that if we had an idea of where they were searching it would give us an idea of what they were thinking.

That location at the Cajundome and Frat house was the only one you stated they had dogs and crime scene tape up at IIRC

I wouldn't get discouraged about it. Its Saturday after all and people probably have a lot to do. We sure did and had to put up with a high of 107 at one point. The heat may have wore some folks out. This group seems highly interested in this case, I'm sure they'll come back, especially if there is just a tidbit of evidence.:grouphug:

Also alot of people without power in many states.

I think LE probably came across various things while searching the streets initially and had no way of knowing if they were related to Mickey...streets are always full of stuff, once you start looking, i,e stains, liquids, glass, etc...

But it doesn't appear that they had any particular area taped off for a significant period of time with crime lab trucks, etc...or we would have heard, as media picks up on that all the time.

So we are back to Mickey and bike agreeing to a ride, or Mickeyand bike being scooped up without an accident, in my opinion. Unless they did a very poor search job, they should have been able to detect an accident site. JMO

http://www.abc26.com/news/newswitha...-to-defend-themselves-20120619,0,456928.story

Lafourche Parish&#8212;
Lafourch Parish kids got a lesson in self-defense from deputies willing to take a beating. Vanessa Bolano captured all the action.

For one week three times a year, children in Lafourche Parish between the ages of five and twelve learn about self-defense and essential decision-making skills from Lafourche Parish Sheriffs Deputies as part of radKIDS.

do you think the laffy police will come and say whether they think mickeys case is or isn't related to the raleigh case? they are at least going to talk with the girl, right?

i want your opinions on this, so i'm quoting myself. :blushing:

i want your opinions on this, so i'm quoting myself. :blushing:

I would hope so.

There are other issues going on with LPD which might be playing a part in all of this. Locals wouldl probably have a better take on it. I have seen alot of different views posted.

I would hope so.

There are other issues going on with LPD which might be playing a part in all of this. Locals wouldl probably have a better take on it. I have seen alot of different views posted.

i just wonder how common it is for forces in other states cities etc to help each other out. and if the girl wpuld be willing to talk to laffayette police. i sure hope she does. she may have reason to believe that he's done this before or thgat he hasn't from things he said or the way he acted etc

RE: 10 days before notification by LE of rape attempt on NC State University Coed Bicyclist 06/18/2012

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2012/06/25/1186624?sac=fo.local

A 14-year-old girl told police she was raped Thursday along Cross Creek Linear Park after leaving the Cumberland County Headquarters Library.

By Andrew Barksdale, Michael Futch and Nancy McCleary
Staff writers Tue Jun 26, 2012

A 14-year-old girl reported being raped along a downtown park trail Thursday evening after she had left the Cumberland County Headquarters Library, police said Monday.

The girl told police she was assaulted about 8 p.m. along Cross Creek Linear Park as hundreds of people were heading to Festival Park about a block away for the Fayetteville After Five concert.

Police released a description of the attacker but hadn't found him as of Monday night.

* Although Police Department policy requires notifying the public of sexual assaults involving strangers within 72 hours after the attack, Thursday's rape report wasn't made public until Monday morning.

* After The Fayetteville Observer questioned the delay, interim Police Chief Katherine Bryant apologized for a "breakdown in communications." The policy, which was adopted more than two years ago, applies to adult victims.

>>
Craft also said they have picked up several items of potential evidence, but so far, none of those seems to be connected to the case. He also confirmed that her cell phone was turned off and that police are not able to get any information about her location using that avenue.
&#8220;It&#8217;s the type of cell phone that, when you cut it off, you can&#8217;t ping it,&#8221; Craft said.<<

http://kpel965.com/latest-information-search-for-mickey-shunick-continues/

And as I've said several times before, I believe that statement is inaccurate. Unless the phone was broken or the battery was removed, it can be tracked.

And as I've said several times before, I believe that statement is inaccurate. Unless the phone was broken or the battery was removed, it can be tracked.

It was an analog phone as long as that battery is in it they should be able to triangulate her pings thus her location.

If that battery was indeed out then no they could not.

I am not certain what to make of this. It is said she received a call and a text but then you have the LPD Chief stating they could not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23