2010.07.01 Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Kyron is still alive. We would like all of you, everyone, to continue to get his face out there, to continue looking for him in your day-to-day activities. We pray each day for Kyron. We are working with investigators daily to bring Kyron home. We are extremely confident in how the investigation is going to bring him home to us. We implore Terri Horman to fully cooperate with investigators to bring Kyron home."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_search_family_mem.html

Interesting choice of words.

Both the addition of the word "still" and the subtraction of the usual "We hope..we pray..we are keeping the faith that ...etc"

Well,This bothers me.I think it's wrong for them to cast suspicion on the SM if the police are not saying anything of suspects,POI ect....Maybe it's time for them to be quiet now and let the police say what they think.

I think the police HAVE said what they think to the family. I think this was a way to essentially name her as a person of interest without the police actually having to do it.

I don't think for a second that they did this without LE's support. They called them to ask for guidance in answering the questions. The statement was written with LE's assistance. If she was NOT a person of interest they would have asked them to leave any mention of her out. It would have been a generic asking everyone to cooperate fully.

I think emphasizing they think he is still alive also could be part of the strategy. To cause Terri to think they believe that she would never hurt him. Let her guard down, help them find him and that she could then blame her "accomplice" if he was not alive. Or even come up with some other story where she had knowledge but didn't do it.

I think they said exactly what LE wanted them to say. I don't think it will work, but I think they are all working together. JMO.

Now I would like to know what they think Terri's motive would be in simply hiding him? Ransom of some kind? Snapping and killing him I can see. Hiding him is much more difficult to explain. :waitasec:

Is the family still reviewing questions or are those few statements it for today?

:waitasec: They also released new physical information about the missing child. Kryon is allergic to bees and has a strawberry birthmark in the middle of his forehead. It has faded, but shows up when he cries or gets excited.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_search_family_mem.html

Is this the first time the "bee allergy and birthmark" was mentioned?

I haven't read it before. Shouldn't this have been said the first day????? It is after all summertime, bee time.

:waitasec: They also released new physical information about the missing child. Kryon is allergic to bees and has a strawberry birthmark in the middle of his forehead. It has faded, but shows up when he cries or gets excited.

I would have expected that this info would have been released ASAP, if the family actually felt Kyron was lost or abducted. JMO

To read the WW article, one gets the impression that Kaine (speaking for "the family") believes he can and should control the press, kicking reporters in and out at will based on whether they are "team players" or not.

Am I the only one who finds this suspect and inappropriate?

Let's assume that the WW is accurately reporting the family meeting and the suggestion that the news reports what the family wants them to report ... only ... as team players ...

if this is so... I hope all the reporters walk out. On principal.

Oh to be a fly on the reporters' wall that hour they were all waiting to be called back in for "the statement".

I really hope the WW reporting is just wrong - so I can return and edit this post.

I think this just about does it for me until there is more news.This family is just too weird for words. No offense and I hope Kyron is alive someplace, but if he is and LE has not been able to find where or with who after a month, I don't think they would have my full confidence. Also, if he is being hidden away, does not sound like they have any idea where or with you, by the comments about needing people to continue to search, etc...
Just WTH...that's all I can say about all of this.

totally agree. this is like something out of a really bad lifetime movie.

i mean what the heck? seems like all these people are insane.

I haven't read it before. Shouldn't this have been said the first day????? It is after all summertime, bee time.

I would have thought this information would be very high on the list of details regarding Kyron, NOT a month later. :banghead:

Yes, it's the first time. I would remember it. My daughter has the same thing... a mark on her forehead that only shows up when she cries hard. We are also allergic to bees.

Pretty important information I would say. A potentially fatal allergy.

i dont have enough brain cells left to figure out this mess.

everyone is acting strange and stupid not just step mom.

if i didnt know better i'd think this whole thing was a freaking scam.

at the risk of being repetitive, ITA ITA ITA

I just subjected my 16yo to a long and shrill rant as to my thoughts here, which I will spare WS from because it's prolly against TOS.

I suspect the Family made these statements after consulting with LE.
I hope not.LE just said she was not a suspect,POI in this case right? I strongly feel LE really needs to clear this up.I always from the beginning thought the SM and father should both be looked into and ALL other people.

To read the WW article, one gets the impression that Kaine (speaking for "the family") believes he can and should control the press, kicking reporters in and out at will based on whether they are "team players" or not.

Am I the only one who finds this suspect and inappropriate?

Let's assume that the WW is accurately reporting the family meeting and the suggestion that the news reports what the family wants them to report ... only ... as team players ...

if this is so... I hope all the reporters walk out. On principal.

Oh to be a fly on the reporters' wall that hour they were all waiting to be called back in for "the statement".

I really hope the WW reporting is just wrong - so I can return and edit this post.

Seriously. I mean, WTF????

Nope I don't see it as wrong at all that they booted them. Both them seem to report things that are wrong at times. ( one reporting his body had been found) The other seems to wnt to report on the family drama more then on finding Kyron. Nope see no problem with it at all.

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The mother of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman pleaded for the cooperation of the boy's stepmother Thursday in a statement made to media.

Desiree Young, who is Kyron's biological mother, implored Terri Horman to cooperate with investigators. It's the first time Young has mentioned Terri Horman's name to media members.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24113025/detail.html

I think the police HAVE said what they think to the family. I think this was a way to essentially name her as a person of interest without the police actually having to do it.

I don't think for a second that they did this without LE's support. They called them to ask for guidance in answering the questions. The statement was written with LE's assistance. If she was NOT a person of interest they would have asked them to leave any mention of her out. It would have been a generic asking everyone to cooperate fully.

I think emphasizing they think he is still alive also could be part of the strategy. To cause Terri to think they believe that she would never hurt him. Let her guard down, help them find him and that she could then blame her "accomplice" if he was not alive. Or even come up with some other story where she had knowledge but didn't do it.

I think they said exactly what LE wanted them to say. I don't think it will work, but I think they are all working together. JMO.

Now I would like to know what they think Terri's motive would be in simply hiding him? Ransom of some kind? Snapping and killing him I can see. Hiding him is much more difficult to explain. :waitasec:
I feel LE needs to clear this up.

Nope I don't see it as wrong at all that they booted them. Both them seem to report things that are wrong at times. ( one reporting his body had been found) The other seems to wnt to report on the family drama more then on finding Kyron. Nope see no problem with it at all.

I don't believe the Oregonian was the one that reported the body found; I believe it was KOIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member