OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that it for updates for today? Seems too late now...almost 9pm out west...

Was Le's sighting of Kyron later in the AM by a child, I wonder? If so, how sure can they be? And if he was by a door was he waiting for a ride? And where had he been for that hour? So many questions still...why can't they say if he had an appointment? This makes it sound like he did and was waiting to be picked up?

I watched the presser again, it is well worth watching if you haven't. Some points I took from it.

A reporter asked if Kyron had an appointment because they have been hearing he did. LE said can't confirm that..

Kyron was last seen at a later hour in the morning at a south entrance door to the school.

Are not prepared to call it a kidnapping at this point. Will review it at 6 pm.

Not closer to finding him but some things have been ruled out.

http://www.kptv.com/kyron-horman/index.html

Why can't they confirm if there was an appointment, it's an appointment and would be very easily confirmed if there was one...interesting. And what is a later hour in the morning? Why hasn't there been any confirmation if he was in one of the groups of the 5 children with a monitor viewing the other exhibits, I bet they can confirm all of the other children that were in the groups, it's only 5 children, I would know if he was in my group. This falls into the rough timeline category and not giving very many details category IMO. Banging head at these not very clear details and updates.

Having raised three children who were coincidentally 7 years old at one time....

Did the photo of Kyron's project strike anyone as "odd"? That project was NOT completed by a 7 yr old....the one to the right of his was definitely constructed by a 7 yr old, mostly likely with assistance of an adult, but Kyron's..... (photo in post above)

I see a control issue there myself......which is taking my thinking in a whole different direction.....one that has a much preferred ending to this saga....that Kyron is safe, secure but very frightened....

I don't know if anyone else feels the same way but I think the school should be held somewhat accountable for this. This is complete BS that the parents weren't contacted about their child not showing up to class. This type of thing happening is exactly why I think they should do that.

I just wanted to mention about the statement grandma made about notifying the step brother.... she doesn't say they weren't going to tell him asap...only that it would be hard to tell him, that he would be upset (can't find her exact quote) I don't think anybody knows he HASN"T been told at this point.

What if, and yes I realize this idea may seem WAAAAAAY out there, but, since everyone seems to think that LE seems to know something (i.e., reason for sending kids back to the school with no fears, don't want help, etc.)....what if Kryon did leave on his own and hid somewhere?

And, what if during the search LE did find him but he pleaded with them not to take him back home/to school? Perhaps someone at home or at the school had been picking on him/abusing him and he is afraid to go back? Maybe they have him at a secure safe location pumping him for info before they make any further moves? Maybe that's why they seem to know something, don't want any help with the search, etc.?

Maybe just wishful thinking on my part that he's at least alive? So sad.

I just wanted to mention about the statement grandma made about notifying the step brother.... she doesn't say they weren't going to tell him asap...only that it would be hard to tell him, that he would be upset (can't find her exact quote) I don't think anybody knows he HASN"T been told at this point.

Guess I'm wondering what anyone expects him to do once he finds out - worry is about it! He's away having a good time for the weekend with his dad - honest, I would not take the time to upset him, especially since there are so few answers. moo mho and all that stuff!

Having raised three children who were coincidentally 7 years old at one time....

Did the photo of Kyron's project strike anyone as "odd"? That project was NOT completed by a 7 yr old....the one to the right of his was definitely constructed by a 7 yr old, mostly likely with assistance of an adult, but Kyron's..... (photo in post above)

I see a control issue there myself......which is taking my thinking in a whole different direction.....one that has a much preferred ending to this saga....that Kyron is safe, secure but very frightened....

Definitely assisted by an adult (I have 5 kids and have helped with at least 25 science fair projects) but I don't see it as a control issue. Its neat and tidy but definitely not over done for the age group imo. In the early days my kids had to do everything by hand, nowadays we print it all out on computer.

I feel the need to further comment about the statements given by LE in presser. I have no doubt in my mind that they have confirmation if he was or wasn't in one of the groups with a monitor viewing the other exhibits. I have no doubt in my mind they have confirmation that he did or did not have an appointment, this is part of their job to confirm these things. And the very vague he was seen at a later time in the morning by another student only adds to the shadiness of the timeline of his disapperance.

If LE truely want the publics assitance in finding this little boy they should be releasing these very key, important details and they are not, which gives me the feeling they have a pretty good idea about what happened and they are just not ready to say yet until they have evidence to back it up and prove it. :twocents:

Definitely assisted by an adult (I have 5 kids and have helped with at least 25 science fair projects) but I don't see it as a control issue. Its neat and tidy but definitely not over done for the age group imo. In the early days my kids had to do everything by hand, nowadays we print it all out on computer.

I agree. My son was very handy with the computer at 7 (he is 22 now).

He would type up school assignments/projects. He would hunt and peck to type and I would assist him in typesetting/choosing fonts etc... after a couple of times he could pretty much do it on his own.

One of the links said his dad works at Intel - maybe he is great with the computer and has taught his son more than most 7yo would know. Kyron's science project was great. Sure he had help from adults, and that help may encourage and help develop his curiosity and love of science. I'm a science person and had all kinds of help and encouragement from family as I was growning up. just a thought

I feel the need to further comment about the statements given by LE in presser. I have no doubt in my mind that they have confirmation if he was or wasn't in one of the groups with a monitor viewing the other exhibits. I have no doubt in my mind they have confirmation that he did or did not have an appointment, this is part of their job to confirm these things. And the very vague he was seen at a later time in the morning by another student only adds to the shadiness of the timeline of his disapperance.

If LE truely want the publics assitance in finding this little boy they should be releasing these very key, important details and they are not, which gives me the feeling they have a pretty good idea about what happened and they are just not ready to say yet until they have evidence to back it up and prove it. :twocents:

I agree. It's frustrating for us to not get the information, but if LE isn't putting it out there, I think it's because they don't see a reason to release it. I also don't think school would be in session tomorrow if there was a serious unknown threat at the school. At least I hope not. I still wouldn't let my child attend until I knew what had happened.

I said this before, you couldn't pay me enough to send my child to that school tomorrow. My biggest fear is that he is still in that school somewhere. I hope they have searched it with a fine tooth comb.

One of the links said his dad works at Intel - maybe he is great with the computer and has taught his son more than most 7yo would know. Kyron's science project was great. Sure he had help from adults, and that help may encourage and help develop his curiosity and love of science. I'm a science person and had all kinds of help and encouragement from family as I was growning up. just a thought

You can tell by his face in the picture that he is under the impression that he did it himself. He's too cute. My daughter wore glasses at an early age, too, and cases where missing little kids are wearing glasses hit me hard for some reason. Their little smiling faces with glasses.

I agree, that LE knows those details. But the fact that they are saying nothing says nothing to me.

I have seen it in my own city, where LE doesn't have a clue and says nothing. We have seen it on WS with Kayleah and Somer. LE didn't have a clue, yet they withheld info that would have made a huge difference in finding the perp much sooner, IMHO.

What if, and yes I realize this idea may seem WAAAAAAY out there, but, since everyone seems to think that LE seems to know something (i.e., reason for sending kids back to the school with no fears, don't want help, etc.)....what if Kryon did leave on his own and hid somewhere?

And, what if during the search LE did find him but he pleaded with them not to take him back home/to school? Perhaps someone at home or at the school had been picking on him/abusing him and he is afraid to go back? Maybe they have him at a secure safe location pumping him for info before they make any further moves? Maybe that's why they seem to know something, don't want any help with the search, etc.?

Maybe just wishful thinking on my part that he's at least alive? So sad.

I don't think they would fly in FBI for that scenario.

As far as a press conference tonight... I have had the live feed up since 7:30pm Oregon time.... nothing but traffic cameras. I had hoped for maybe a 9pm one, thinking because of the debriefing at 6pm they might be delayed. But I have not seen anything yet. I am not sure what time the local news is there... obviously not 9pm, so I guess 10pm.

There is a new article: http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...nt-Of-Missing-Boy/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx

I also agree that it seems as if they are treating this as a case in which they do not need much help for an endangered missing child. It reminds me of a case in which they already knew the outcome and they were just awaiting confirmation... I don't think that they believe there is a threat or abductor out there that took this child, so they are not worried about the other children. I also don't think they believe he wandered away since they have scaled back that search. All of that concerns me. :(

I think that perhaps it is a good thing that they are having school tomorrow.

For one reason, to disrupt a child's routine can be quite traumatic by itself. And for another, it can give the FBI a chance to observe a somewhat "normal" day at the school. Check and see if any teachers, staff, or even older students are missing or acting oddly.

That being said, I would not blame a parent one bit for keeping their kids home.

As far as a press conference tonight... I have had the live feed up since 7:30pm Oregon time.... nothing but traffic cameras. I had hoped for maybe a 9pm one, thinking because of the debriefing at 6pm they might be delayed. But I have not seen anything yet. I am not sure what time the local news is there... obviously not 9pm, so I guess 10pm.

There is a new article: http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...nt-Of-Missing-Boy/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx

I also agree that it seems as if they are treating this as a case in which they do not need much help for an endangered missing child. It reminds me of a case in which they already knew the outcome and they were just awaiting confirmation... I don't think that they believe there is a threat or abductor out there that took this child, so they are not worried about the other children. I also don't think they believe he wandered away since they have scaled back that search. All of that concerns me. :(

If you can believe the media from this article. There is no Kyron, but there may not be an abduction? What is this, a balloon boy story?

There has been no Amber Alert issued. Gates said Amber Alerts work because they provide people with information about vehicles or suspects. Late Sunday, Sheriff Staton said they still did not have a vehicle description or any specific suspects, and for the matter, he could not even confirm whether there had even been an abduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer