IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Although I post here infrequently, a thought occurred to me while I was reading this post. Do any of you who read these posts believe that the attorneys of the POI's, (one, some, or all) had conversations with their clients that included a question or questions along the lines of, "how do you feel about the announcement that LE is going to search the landfill?"

I remember that we have an attorney or two, unconnected to this case, who post here occasionally so I'm curious to know if that is a question you'd ask your client if that client were a POI here?

Thank you for your post.

I don't know the answer, but it's an interesting question. I suppose client/attorney privilege lets an attorney ask about anything he/she wants. In this case, IMO, somebody (or more than somebody) might be covering for somebody else. So if one goes down, those protecting him/her might go down, too, but to a lesser degree. I'm assuming client/attorney privilege would also cover that, so it would be a good question to ask, if that makes any sense?

Well, the person would have to prove they weren't lying...if they objected to whatever the Spierers might say.
Kind of like Terri Horman...Desiree has been telling the world for a year that TH is guilty...TH would have to prove she isn't in order to sue her sucessfully...not that easy to do for anyone.

Well, the person would have to prove they weren't lying...if they objected to whatever the Spierers might say.
Kind of like Terri Horman...Desiree has been telling the world for a year that TH is guilty...TH would have to prove she isn't in order to sue her sucessfully...not that easy to do for anyone.

Slander is the spoken way to defame a person's character. Libel is the written way. You don't have to prove defamation of character to collect damages from slander if someone says something untrue about you that points to specific things (one of which implies that you committed a crime). If the statement doesn't imply one of the specific things, you have to prove there are damages. In the case we are discussing, if CD emphatically said that JR is lying, that is implying that he committed a crime. Absolute truth is the best defense against slander. If The Spierers could absolutely prove that JR is lying, this case would probably be solved.

"The people who were Lauren's friends and acquaintances left town soon after she disappeared. We haven't heard from them. Attach whatever you want to that, those are the facts," Robert Spierer said."

http://www.wthr.com/story/15275722/...andfill-in-spierer-case#.TkrHoIlpDlk.facebook

also saw something quoted from CS saying they don't believe JR. will have to look but i think it was from the love for lauren fb page.

From what I understand, the POI were told that they could not participate in the searches. Maybe they felt that they may as well go home. We don't know what they might be doing. Maybe they hired private investigators.

What if LS "knew too much"? Maybe she witnessed a drug deal go down at the bar. Could some other group of friends have advised her to go into hiding.

Also, early on, there were rumors that one member of this crowd was a federal drug law enforcement agent. Forgot who. But maybe LS was seen talking to this person, and threatened.

Someone must have threatened her, else her case would not have immediately been designated as a "missing person."

The "dumpster theory" has a lot of support, but somehow the idea that one or more of these young men just threw their friend into a filthy dumpster just doesn't seem right. A panic and run situation might be more likely.

What if LS "knew too much"? Maybe she witnessed a drug deal go down at the bar. Could some other group of friends have advised her to go into hiding.

Also, early on, there were rumors that one member of this crowd was a federal drug law enforcement agent. Forgot who. But maybe LS was seen talking to this person, and threatened.

The kind of drug deals that go down at College bars are not the kind that would require anyone to go into hiding for 'knowing too much'. I don't know the POI, but I can say with some certainty that the kids who are considered to be 'drug dealers' in a crowd like this are usually people who just get drugs for their friends and have a connection to a very low level drug dealer. They are not dealing drugs for the income, nor dealing with large quantities of drugs or big powerful drug dealers. This is why I am also very skeptical of the theories that someone higher on the drug chain was called in for 'clean up', it just doesn't make sense to me.

I could be wrong, of course, but in my experience these things would be very unrealistic.

The article about the landfill search that Jupiter posted said there would be 12-hour shifts. Since Indiana does not have 12 hours of daylight, that must mean that there are lights set up at the landfill. Would it be easier to miss something under the lights?

The article about the landfill search that Jupiter posted said there would be 12-hour shifts. Since Indiana does not have 12 hours of daylight, that must mean that there are lights set up at the landfill. Would it be easier to miss something under the lights?

We have the 12 hours right now. We're good.

I'm pretty sure that the people who are doing this know what they're doing. I'm not about to second-guess the decision for 12-hour shifts.

They must have suspected from the beginning she could be in landfill, since they asked not to deposit more waste in that area. But it also said they checked the dumpsters-which makes me think the dumpsters could have been emptied Friday morning and they did not get to them in time.

Im an avid reader of this thread & Im so happy they are searching the landfill. But I just have this feeling that they are only searching it beacuse they have exhausted all other avenues & there is no evidence she was placed there.

Hope I am wrong

I have the same feeling, Dan and I am also hoping I am wrong. I feel like if they really had a feeling she was in the landfill they would have done this sooner. Maybe they will get lucky though.

I'm pretty sure that the people who are doing this know what they're doing. I'm not about to second-guess the decision for 12-hour shifts.

Sorry. I didn't realize Indiana has 14 hours of daylight right now. I was not second-guessing, just wondering if lighting had been an expense and what searching under the lights meant to the search.

Several weeks into the case rumor has it (from the PT site I believe) that the reason ZO punched CR is that CR gave LS too many drugs/coke/whatever. The way ZO found out about this to begin with was someone overheard LS's comments about being on Xanax and coke at Kilroy's Sports. Basically, LS's comments may have pointed to the supplier, ZO or someone else.

Quite an interesting theory - this all being premeditated... Maybe she was just given a lot of drugs that night to make her all incoherent and wasted so that whatever needed to be done didn't take much. IF, and I mean if, this was the case, I really don't think that JW was involved, I also really can't imagine HT involved. I don't know, so many theories that makes sense.... Maybe the DD was worried that she was "breaking open" his activities.

JMO.

With the Spierers going back to NY, I'm wondering if it's more of a sure thing that LS is going to be found in the landfill. They could be going home to look at funeral/memorial arrangements.

If you're Jewish, aren't you supposed to be buried within 48 hours of dying? Realize the situation is different here, but they may be acting upon Jewish standards to the best of their ability.

What thoughts does anyone have about possible evidence they might find?

This falls under "clothing," but Bessie/others wondered about the jacket LS was carrying when first leaving SW. LE would know if she had it on in the SW/alley videos ... but if she did, wouldn't the jacket be included in the description of what she was wearing when last seen?

I don't suppose the jacket could be in the dumpster but not LS ... unless it was disposed of after the fact. If so, the jacket could be what the dogs allegedly "hit" on at the dumpster. She could have left it at JR before going to Sports ... or afterward. Perhaps it could had evidence on it, like drug residue, vomit, etc.? Or maybe she dropped it elsewhere? I suppose JR could have also given the jacket to LE if she left it at his place ...

While unrelated to LS's case, I found this article in today's Kansas City Star to be interesting: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/08/16/3080452/life-charge-for-selling-heroin.html.

The article is about a local heroin dealer whose product caused the death of area resident(s). He seemed to especially target high school-aged kids. His punishment is life + 10 years. Granted, it seems he's a big dog in the drug business and it sounds like he tried to kill a witness.

But I do find it interesting (and good) that authorities have given him a large penalty. I also find it interesting (and sad) that he attempted to kill a witness. He perhaps knew how he would be punished if the witness told on him, and thus tried to kill that individual.

I know all of the drug rumors in the LS case are just that ... rumors. And I don't wish to directly relate this article to LS's crowd, but I did think it was interesting food for thought on how some drug dealers act.... and how they are punished.

re the Spierer's going back to NY temporarily...

I was thinking that they probably wanted to go back to be with family when the dreaded news came in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave