Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Safe and sound in NOLA. Power restored at my son's apartment, so we're enjoying a little reprieve here tonight. My house is a hot, wet, soggy mess, but it's still standing. No severe damage, thank you, Lord.

The most frightening moment of the whole ordeal was when a transformer exploded a couple of doors down. I was finally falling asleep about 4-5 am yesterday morning when the house lit up like Close Encounters. The transformer was arcing, and we could hear the horrible hum, hummmm... Eww! Then the pole caught fire and flames were shooting out into the sky. I called 911 twice, but there was nothing they could do. The rain finally put out the fire. Entergy says it could be 3-4 days until power is restored. It will be a test of the mettle to deal with the heat, but it could have been so much worse.

My kitties are not happy. One guy, our Katrina tabby, ran out Monday night and stayed in the garage until this morning. They've hardly eaten, and all three were still huddled in our bed when we left this evening. My little Mi-Mi did venture out and catch a locust today, so that was a good sign. :)

hi, bessie -- so good to hear from you ... our NOLA contingent beginning to report in!

Doesn't sound like its been particularly FUN but great that you are OK!

Your poor kitties -- they must not be happy at all ...but again, glad they are OK! I was seeing video from flooding areas on television earlier today; some of the animals -- cows, in this case, actually -- looked so bewildered. They touched my heart.

God bless both humans and beasts down your way and watch over all!

Safe and sound in NOLA. Power restored at my son's apartment, so we're enjoying a little reprieve here tonight. My house is a hot, wet, soggy mess, but it's still standing. No severe damage, thank you, Lord.

The most frightening moment of the whole ordeal was when a transformer exploded a couple of doors down. I was finally falling asleep about 4-5 am yesterday morning when the house lit up like Close Encounters. The transformer was arcing, and we could hear the horrible hum, hummmm... Eww! Then the pole caught fire and flames were shooting out into the sky. I called 911 twice, but there was nothing they could do. The rain finally put out the fire. Entergy says it could be 3-4 days until power is restored. It will be a test of the mettle to deal with the heat, but it could have been so much worse.

My kitties are not happy. One guy, our Katrina tabby, ran out Monday night and stayed in the garage until this morning. They've hardly eaten, and all three were still huddled in our bed when we left this evening. My little Mi-Mi did venture out and catch a locust today, so that was a good sign. :)

Glad to hear you and others from your household are safe and sound...hope the home drys out quickly!

Hope all our other Gulf Coast WSers are safe and sound, too!!

Love that song! It was the last gift I gave to my Mom before she passed away!

I've been thinking alot about the pull Mickey and her case have had on me...I was pulled into the case immediately, but wasn't sure why. And, I just couldn't pull myself away, so day in and day out, I would read post after post trying, like everyone else, to figure out what happened to Mickey. And, pretty soon there were other posters stating they didn't quite understand what kept them so committed to finding Mickey, but there was an undeniable pull for others, many others, as well!

Obviously there was something Special about Mickey that grabbed hold and wouldn't let go...

I've been trying to define what that Special something is...there was a very bright, warm and glowing aura surrounding her for sure...but, more than that, I believe she was truly an Angel...an Earth Angel...sent here for a purpose...I will leave it at that! :)

All IMO

'A WALK BACK IN TIME'

Love that song! It was the last gift I gave to my Mom before she passed away!

I've been thinking alot about the pull Mickey and her case have had on me...I was pulled into the case immediately, but wasn't sure why. And, I just couldn't pull myself away, so day in and day out, I would read post after post trying, like everyone else, to figure out what happened to Mickey. And, pretty soon there were other posters stating they didn't quite understand what kept them so committed to finding Mickey, but there was an undeniable pull for others, many others, as well!

Obviously there was something Special about Mickey that grabbed hold and wouldn't let go...

I've been trying to define what that Special something is...there was a very bright, warm and glowing aura surrounding her for sure...but, more than that, I believe she was truly an Angel...an Earth Angel...sent here for a purpose...I will leave it at that! :)

All IMO

Some1Nose, the first comment from the very 1st Mickey Shunick thread, was made by Queenof corona. From that very first comment, the Mickey Shunick missing; thread, began with a small flicker of flame and rapidly grew into a conflagration, uniting caring folks from all across the US and beyond...

Mighty Mick's thread went from a stand still to lightning speed from that first comment on 05-19-2012, at 11:38 PM..by Queenofcorona.
Wfgodo, Bessie, and Kimster, did a stellar job moderating the threads, which at the time resembled a chatline more than a discussion thread, due to the tremendous participation & comment speed.

Little did anyone know at that time that only hours prior to the birth of Mickey's Websleuths thread on 05/19/2012-1138 PM, that she had courageously earned the title of Earth Angel..

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172835"]LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #1 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
queenofcorona

LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #1
My first thread here, please correct me if I don't do everything right, thanks.

This is my sister in law's very close friend.

Lafayette Police and a local family need your help finding a missing woman. 21 year old Mickey Shunick (pictured) was last seen early Saturday morning riding a black and gold bike from a friends home in the Saint Streets area of Lafayette.... She was headed back home near Ambassador and Congress, but never made it home and hasn't been seen since. Anyone with information on where she maybe be is asked to call Lafayette Police.
The Following 59 Users Say Thank You to queenofcorona For This Useful Post:
5CentsWorth, 8paws, Ada, askfornina, bessie, Cajun Girl, calamityjane831, Cazzie, charminglane, cocomod, Coldpizza, crystalgenie, dog.gone.cute, fearless, Fluttershy, goaskalice, GrannyA., Gypsy Road, heartfortruth, hollyblue, ingra1327, katydid23, Kimster, LadyL, LaLaw2000, Lato, LietKynes, mahmoo, mamacita, mayqueen, Money Girl, montana_16, MyTinkieGirl, nervous_nellie, noZme, nursebeeme, Patience, PlainJaneDoe, PMLsmom, Portabella, Quiche, Redgoblin, redsky, Sallyknowitall, shefner, SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, smart blonde, smokey, Sooner Fan#1, Storm, t93, tarabull, TechWriter797, trigger, WestCoastLady, wfgodot, WideOpen, Woe.be.gone, Yoda

http://www.katc.com/news/police-look...fayette-woman/ Link aged off-edited with video of 05/21/2012-

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTcnWwlKDMY&feature=player_embedded#"]Mickey Shunick: Find Mickey Now! - YouTube[/ame]!

These people are amazing. The work they have done, mostly as volunteers without any official guidance... wow. (pjcitizen)

NG & JVN picked up Mickey Shunick's story on 05/23/2012 - Websleuths thread #2

05-23-2012, 06:52 PM

~n/t~

JVM covering the case tonight

https://www.facebook.com/#!/JaneVelezMitchellHLN

05-23-2012, 07:15 PM

LanieCoz

Mickey is featured on Nancy Grace's main page.

Psychopathic sexual predators such as Brandon Scott Lavergne are not like you or me, they are very dark soulless creatures with no conscience, nor human emotions..
Their victims are only disposable toys for their entertainment. For them it is about control. Emulating God, by having the power of life or death over others, while causing pain & terror, directly as well as indirectly.

'Evil Mask of Normalcy'...

As in any culture, or in any community spread across this great Nation, there are those who continuously refuse to adapt to a empathetic & civilized society, skirting the rules and laws that guide the rest of us through life. Fortunately they are a small percentage of the population, and are the exception rather than the rule.

Due to their selfish need to fulfill their evil desires or sexual fantasies, their lack of empathy for others, as well as their self assurance of remaining anonymous or stealth by hiding behind their masks of normalcy (at least in the darkness of their delusional minds), they resort to the unimaginable, or unconscionable deviant behavior..

These psycopathetic predators, who know no boundaries of sanity, prey on unsuspecting innocent victims. Many of these predators hone their skills with each innocent victim devoured, increasing confidence and causing escalation as did BSL.

Although, most of these predators have an uncanning ability to shield their motives, their expressionless face, hiding behind their fake smiles, combined with their lifeless eyes can not conceal their lies and rouses..

The only effective weapon that we all possess is detection: Be cautious, adhere to personal Safety rules, and Trust your 'Natural Born Instincts'... jmho

Seems all my family in Laplace got flooded out and I can't get there to help.

Some of which I have not heard from yet.

I am so sorry to hear that! Praying for your family and YOU
that waiting must be heartbreaking!

So sorry to hear, Laffy. I will keep them and you in my prayers. I hope you get good news from them soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Prayers and thoughts Laffy and all others affected. The remnants of Isaac have made its way to St. Louis and is still producing tornados. Under a warning currently here.

Some of y'all

and you know who you are

better get in your flippin house with a cold beer and a book

Thinking of you all from PA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My husband and I left before Isaac reached Lafayette, and we slowly worked our way up to Pennsyvania---just wanted to tell you how beautiful this state is!

FYI: The ULL coach Mark Hudspeth stated that if his players show 1/10 of the courage Mickey did in her fight for her life they should have a winning season.

missed you guys! hope all is well. and knowing that bsl is in jail, well it makes this hurricane clean up much easier! today is my first day back at work since it churned thro town at a turtle's pace. praying for those with family in plaquemines parish and laplace and so many other areas that are now flooding and levees breaking.

FYI: The ULL coach Mark Hudspeth stated that if his players show 1/10 of the courage Mickey did in her fight for her life they should have a winning season.

Amen, Well said...

http://theadvocate.com/sports/3743548-32/louisiana-lafayette-focused-on-lamar-season

The Cajuns will wear a helmet decal this year in memory of Mickey Shunick, the 21-year-old ULL student who was kidnapped and later murdered in the early morning hours of May 19. The decal has a woman riding a bicycle with her hands in the air, with the name “Mickey” underneath.

“We want to remember one of our own in a way that would make her proud,” Hudspeth said ...

Hud is a class act.....so thankful for the Mickey decal on the helmets....hope Mickey is always part of his pre-game speech. Good luck RAGIN CAJUNS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82