Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
LaffySleuth, hope you are by now able to receive news of your family members and that it is good news.

After a few sweltering days of no electricity, I'm now enjoying it in the small slice of NOLA that's been powered up. Most of the city is still without, so I'm hoping everyone gets online ASAP. It's not fun. Thinking of all who didn't fair as well as we did and wishing them a swift and safe recovery. Reporting in safe and sound...and catching up!

LaffySleuth
Seems all my family in Laplace got flooded out and I can't get there to help.
I am hoping all of your family members are safe.

After a few sweltering days of no electricity, I'm now enjoying it in the small slice of NOLA that's been powered up. Most of the city is still without, so I'm hoping everyone gets online ASAP. It's not fun. Thinking of all who didn't fair as well as we did and wishing them a swift and safe recovery. Reporting in safe and sound...and catching up!

It sure sounds rough, Nolaallycat. So glad you are safe and able to report in -- and glad you are getting to enjoy a bit of "luxury" now!! Take care.

'The American public; the most valuable resource/tool in missing persons investigations'!

To silence info & evidence in the BS Lavergne investigation diminishes the chances of giving the unknown victims a competent & complete investigations, imo. Law Enforcement is squandering their most valuable resource, due to this antiquated decision, imo...

America's Most Wanted starring John Walsh has a proven track-record of ratings success and a dedicated audience. It the longest-running series of its kind and has led to 60 missing persons being located and the capture of over 1200 fugitives.

After the kidnapping and murder of his son Adam, John Walsh successfully advocated Congress for the creation of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, proving the show's message "you can make a difference."

John Walsh has given hope to many parents and loved ones of victims around the world. .

8 year old April Tinsley abduction/murder - After 20 years cold - Who does investigators ask for help?
http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/amer...-wanted/video/

This is so heart wrenching! I know this is ignorant, but while reading your post, I was thinking to myself how such atrocities happen in big cities. My jaw dropped when I read Lafayette. I consider myself to be fairly intuitive and street smart, so I have to think maybe I was just a bit naive, had blinders on or just didn't think Lafayette could harbor so much evilness. I'm so disgusted and pissed!

So many horrible things happen around here and very little gets out there unless it's someone that doesn't live off the streets.....so many kids hurt and killed.....
It's a daily thing to read about a body found, someone killed....this world is going to hell in a handbasket. That poor little girl will stay in my heart forever. It's been about 4 or 5 years since that trial and still.....I ache to think about it.

Unfortunately Evil has many faces and lives in all places. My mother has always told me to listen to your heart and your gut because even Satan can quote scriptures.....he just uses it for his Evil works.

My two precious girls are my whole life .....I just can not imagine anything like this happening to them. I wish I could say I could be as brave and strong as Mickey's Mom....but I'd probably be that Mom on the news shooting that Evil man and sending him to God for a true judgement! I have been in awe of their strength and courage and faith in all of this. Peace be with them!

So many horrible things happen around here and very little gets out there unless it's someone that doesn't live off the streets.....so many kids hurt and killed.....
It's a daily thing to read about a body found, someone killed....this world is going to hell in a handbasket. That poor little girl will stay in my heart forever. It's been about 4 or 5 years since that trial and still.....I ache to think about it.

Unfortunately Evil has many faces and lives in all places. My mother has always told me to listen to your heart and your gut because even Satan can quote scriptures.....he just uses it for his Evil works.

My two precious girls are my whole life .....I just can not imagine anything like this happening to them. I wish I could say I could be as brave and strong as Mickey's Mom....but I'd probably be that Mom on the news shooting that Evil man and sending him to God for a true judgement! I have been in awe of their strength and courage and faith in all of this. Peace be with them!

Awesome quote!
I may borrow that one if you don't mind!

hi, I wanted to reply about JKill's take on the bio 1/2 sis. yes, she provided solid info that broke the case, after the police came to question her. The 700 lb. gorilla in the room says that if she helped him this time, she may have helped him before, after all
they'd been through, like he said. She should go immediately to the authorities and tell them anything she might know about other murders. If they have to go and ask her again if she aided him in some way, IMO she could easily be charged. And, since she has admitted to helping him commit a crime, why can't she be sleuthed?

She admitted to helping with a crime? What did I miss....Lordy I was off here 1 day and I'm behind! LOL Someone catch me up......

Awesome quote!
I may borrow that one if you don't mind!

Feel FREE!!! It's so true!!!! I tell my kids the same thing ALL the time.... you just never know who you are dealing with!!!! Use it with Pride !

From your link, Patticupcake:

...The celebration will conclude with a 5 p.m. public bike ride following the route Shunick took the morning of May 19th. That ride will conclude with the permanent placement of a ghost bike at the end of St. Landry St. as a tribute to Shunick.
http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...nity-Celebration-Honor-Mickey-Shunick-planned

Question, for anybody: What, exactly, is a ghost bike?

ETA: Oh, OK -- this link helped:
http://ghostbikes.org/

feel free!!! It's so true!!!! I tell my kids the same thing all the time.... You just never know who you are dealing with!!!! Use it with pride !

"what you give, you always get back; what you sow, you reap in kind.
Always be helpful to others and give what you can spare;

for by being kind to strangers, we help angels unaware."

unknown poet

From your link, Patticupcake:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...nity-Celebration-Honor-Mickey-Shunick-planned

Question, for anybody: What, exactly, is a ghost bike?

ETA: Oh, OK -- this link helped:
http://ghostbikes.org/
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_bike"]Ghost bike - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
From Wikipedia:
A ghost bike or ghostcycle is a bicycle set up as a roadside memorial in a place where a cyclist has been killed or severely injured (usually by a motor vehicle). Apart from being a memorial, it is usually intended as a reminder to passing motorists to share the road. Ghost bikes are usually junk bicycles painted white, sometimes with a placard attached, and locked to a suitable object close to the scene of the accident.

Attachments

• 220px-Berlin_ghostbike.jpg
    220px-Berlin_ghostbike.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 29

We pray now, the good Lord blesses us with good weather on the 29th...our community's celebration of the life of a young woman who has captivated our hearts...body and soul.

I envision somber hearts, along with happy smiles...a closure, a cleansing, a new beginning...for Ms. Mickey's family, friends, and the silent strangers who have felt the pain and have prayed SO hard.

I, also, envision this day to be the grandest show of solidarity in this city, and its good people.

Oh my god. That memorial is going to kill me and many others.

The bike path following and the setting of a bike made me fill up with tears. How beautiful and emotional.

I think everyone's hearts are going to hurt riding on that path knowing it was the last few minutes of Mickey being free and not a victim's of Brandon Lavergne.

Dear Mickey, I never knew you but I find myself missing you like you were one of my best friends.
Ride easy beautiful.

Do you guys think it will Mickey's actual bike they spray paint, to make it more emotionally impact full or a random bike?

Watching a Gary Hilton thing on TLC, so naturally I thought of you.

I've learned more from you than from these people.

I see some of your parallels. It's awful that waves of these monsters keep appearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member