LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the news...TES doing sonar search at Whiskey Bay today but nothing found. LE is still asking for tips and for info on Z71. Still asking for volunteer searchers at Blackham Coliseum.

The twilight zone Isabelle...People need to understand that humor is often posted on most of WS threads. Not to degrade the HORRIBLE things we see, read and sleuth...but to keep ourselves sane. I for one, welcome an interjection once and awhile. JMO

Hello everyone! Long time lurker, first post. I think everyone is lost because the thread was locked and they haven't found the new one yet. Also, the traffic cam has been on the same frozen photo since people were talking about it last thread....so I think that has been about an hour? Not good IMO. All the other cameras appear to be working. Any locals see anything in the area?

:seeya: Welcome! I think you're right. I thought we weren't getting a new thread, but glad to see it, and with the info at red at the top hopefully we will remember to stay on topic. Haven't seen anything. Did hear sirens earlier but I'm close to I-10 and that's the norm.

If anyone wants to take a break from WS, tonite at 7 central time .. on the A&E channel is an episode of The First 48, called "Missing". For those that haven't seen it, Amber Elkins went missing .. her car was found. EquuSearch got involved 3 or 4 days later and after 3 days of searching, TES members found her body about 20 miles away under a bridge. I still hope Mickey is found alive somehow.

Can I ask-how far in miles was her friend's BW house and her home?

Does anyone here (besides A.C.I.) do any "sleuthing" type activity as a job? I think working for an organization like TES would be interesting.

Thank you for the welcome! If they were doing some more searches, perhaps they just wanted a bit of privacy? Especially if they felt the family or perp was watching from the net?
LE has a hard enough time making charges stick these days (and go all the way to conviction), so perhaps they are being especially cautious?

I've been reading for days, trying to keep up. I just want you all to appreciate each other, give yourselves a pat on the back, and keep going.

I know you (most? many of you?) are stressed, and it's very understandable. You are giving of your time, energy, skills and compassion to find this young woman. You are either out there in person, or sleuthing on the computer. If anyone in my family ever came up missing, I would want you all to help!

It's great to see how so many of you have different strengths, be it flier making skills, map skills, logic, knowledge of the area, background knowledge and how it all comes together.

I know tempers sometimes flare, and moments of humor ARE needed. "uck - trays", kitties, and clowns may seem inappropriate, but think about how LE members deal with the tragedy they see on a daily basis. They often have a wicked, dark sense of humor. This humor is a tiny little breath of air gulped before you wade back in.

Again, I seldom post.. been around quite a while, but I wanted to thank you all for your dedication, empathy and selflessness in what you have devoted to find Mickey Shunick.

Hugs to all of you.

See America's Most Wanted tomorrow night at 9:00 pm EST update on MS

Yeah there was minor activity down there today. Few LE and a few others. Theyre definitely still looking.

Don't know if it's good or bad but ... no new news.

I was sitting here pondering if no news is good or bad. I guess there is no answer.

Saturday, it will be two weeks.

For the family's sake, I hope there's some kind of conclusion coming. I can't imagine the waiting.

I was sitting here pondering if no news is good or bad. I guess there is no answer.

Saturday, it will be two weeks.

For the family's sake, I hope there's some kind of conclusion coming. I can't imagine the waiting.

Guess once the bike analysis is finshed there should be some news.

Can I ask-how far in miles was her friend's BW house and her home?

A little over 4 miles. But since it appears that she was taking the Bike Route on google maps, it would be closer to 5 miles.

Anything new on this evenings 6:00 news locally?

Not much new. They're still calling for volunteers to meet at Blackham Coliseum at 8:00 am tomorrow and there were some annoucements on local fundraisers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo