ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Thread #1, we were discussing possible interpretations of the text message she supposedly sent: "the 16"

(wasn't this is response to her boyfriend's question: Where r u baby?)

Someone said that it was pretty much confirmed that it meant her return date. I mentioned I had thought of that; however, I did not think the trip was scheduled for that length of time.

In this article, GG and RG were scheduled to be there for for only 5 days.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/08/20/earlyshow/saturday/main20094961.shtml:

The two arrived on the island July 31 for a five-day getaway, after meeting online.

Maybe I missed it, but has the bf said when he expected her back? One thing I have been thinking is that perhaps she had another trip/getaway planned after her return with GG that wouldn't have her returning home till the 16(of course, this point is moot if she was expected back before then).

Maybe I missed it, but has the bf said when he expected her back? One thing I have been thinking is that perhaps she had another trip/getaway planned after her return with GG that wouldn't have her returning home till the 16(of course, this point is moot if she was expected back before then).

iirc, the bf didn't know she was in aruba, she told him she was going to Fl w/parents

iirc, the bf didn't know she was in aruba, she told him she was going to Fl w/parents

Yes, but when did he expect her back from the fake trip with her family? Surely he has said, and I have just missed it, but, if it wasn't till the 16 she was expected back she could have been planning to stay with GG after their return, or go somewhere else.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20517361,00.html

The first inkling Richard Forester had that something wasn't quite right about his girlfriend Robyn Gardner's vacation was when he phoned her and the crackling and beeping on the line made it sound like an international call.

Thank you! Now I think that absolutely the trip was not going the way she hoped, and in hindsight she messaged her boyfriend feeling guilty, and then GG saw her FB messages...

There are 2 documented cases of GG choking a woman in 2010. Two different women. I think any woman who has had a relationship with GG should be asked if he did this to them as well. I feel this could be a significant clue as to how RG died.

Hopefully the body can be found as there would be evidence I believe of strangulation.

Jeanette F., a former neighbor, started dating Giordano around the time of his second divorce. She said Giordano was charismatic but could become angry and possessive, though she said she never felt physically threatened. Once, he wanted to take her on a cruise but became irate when she didn't want to go, she said.

JF said Giordano insisted on having her email password so he could ensure she was not seeing anyone else. If she said she was going to the grocery store, he would want photographic proof. Sometimes, she said, he would spy on her and text her details of her outfit so she knew he was watching. He even hid in the woods behind her home to watch her, dressing in a deer costume, she said.

"He's Mr. Perfect," she said, and then he's "totally different."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...ast_n_926421.html#s326251&title=Robyn_Gardner

This places JF in 2008, not 2010. So we know that it is a different woman who filed the April 2010 Protection Order. Of note is that JF didn't ever feel physically threatened by him in circa 2008. The April 2010 Protection Order has "choking" as one of the reasons it is being requested.

That's interesting as he therefore may not have started choking women until 2010. I'd like to know if there are more women than two that have had this happen with GG.

ETA: By the way, what a paranoid man. My quick take on this is a man with low self-esteem and who was not only in fear of losing his physical posessions (thus all the cameras) but of his romantic ones as well (thus demanding to know her whereabouts - with proof - at all times.) He didn't trust anybody, as he didn't look highly upon himself either and saw the people in the world as he saw himself. He had to be in control of everything, and bad control he gave at that. His sexual tastes must have grown more and more to being in control, to the point of wanting to choke the woman to feel that sense of power and control. My feeling is that there were other sexual fetishes as well besides choking, such as rope and handcuffs. I wish I knew what the FBI had found at his house.

Hello, everyone. I've crept the forums for a while and enjoyed it, but this is my first post. I recently uncovered "modeling" shots of Robyn from 2010. She had a profile on modelmayhem under the pseudonym "elle gardner". No question at all that this is her. The tattoos are identical to those released by her boyfriend Richard (who also has a colorful past according to the Maryland court records search). The first link is RG's model profile. The second is a link to another model's page in which Robyn poses.... I submitted the info I've found to a reporter from the Huffington post and we spoke on the phone, but apparently it isn't politically correct to expose the past character of a victim....I haven't seen any photos of Robyn other than what her boyfriend has released to the media. I'm excited to share them. I'll post the court info on Forester later if there is any interest. Perhaps someone here could post the pics directly into the thread for easy viewing? I'm at work and don't have the time...

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/1669069/viewall

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/18316989

Interesting - it says the last activity on her profile is Aug 11. She was last seen Aug 2. GG was in jail Aug 5. I haven't read the whole thread; maybe this has already been discussed.

Info Last activity: Aug 11, 2010 Joined: May 07, 2010

Interesting - it says the last activity on her profile is Aug 11. She was last seen Aug 2. GG was in jail Aug 5. I haven't read the whole thread; maybe this has already been discussed.

Info Last activity: Aug 11, 2010 Joined: May 07, 2010

We are in 2011 now. :seeya:

The problem is not the internet. The message is do background checks and understand that there are potential consequences to risky lifestyles and choices.

Agreed...women have been running into creepy men for all eternity...if anything the internet gives one easier access to check out the people one meets...but if you don't don it, you are taking a chance, no matter where/how you met the person.

oops! Thanks. :giggle:

Sure no problem.

Let me ask you (or anybody else for that matter) something from a female perspective. If you were to go sunbathing on the beach in Aruba, would you bring your cell phone with you or leave it with your purse in the car?

"She sent me an inbox message on Facebook around 3 p.m. Tuesday, saying, 'Don't worry. I care about you I love you we'll talk and sort things out when I get back,' " he says.

That was the last communication Forester had from her.

She was dead about two hours later.

Email Activity

Forester says someone was using Gardner's Gmail account after she was reported missing.

It was Gary.

"The way you know they're on their Gmail chat account is there's a green light," he says. "If you're off it a little long and not doing anything on it, it turns idle and turns orange. If you sign off it turns gray. Throughout Wednesday and Thursday her indicator lights were green, orange and gray. This was after she was reported missing. So someone was on her Gmail account."

Forester says, "I was trying to message her saying, 'Hello. I know you're online. Tell me what you're pissed about.' I would get no response. I emailed her throughout the day, saying, 'Is this how you're trying to break up with me?' "

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20517361,00.html

"He can't control his anger." - Gary's first wife. Divorced in 2003.

"The world would be a better place without you in it. I can help that." - Gary Giordano to VP in 2010.

"He was charismatic but could become angry and possessive... He's Mr Perfect and then totally different. "- JF who dated GG in 2009

"The police had to be called in one incident." - Gary's second wife. Divorced in 2008.

Sure no problem.

Let me ask you (or anybody else for that matter) something from a female perspective. If you were to go sunbathing on the beach in Aruba, would you bring your cell phone with you or leave it with your purse in the car?

I would take my phone. I do travel to Aruba and always have my phone with me - even when I go to the beach.

I would take my phone. I do travel to Aruba and always have my phone with me - even when I go to the beach.

Thanks. I decided to email Robyn's boyfriend to see if he has anything to add on this, such as when he and Robyn would go to the beach. Also, perhaps there is the element of not wanting to be bothered by the phone, maybe there was too much attempt to be contacted by RF or others that made her want to leave it in the car. We should not forget the element that she was on a secret getaway with another man.

What if about 4:30 on Tuesday, August 2nd on the beach in Aruba, Robyn was sunbathing and had left her cell phone in the car. Gary knows this and says he needs to get something out of the car, maybe he really did plan on going snorkeling (he did bring equipment after all). It's a bit of a short walk to the car, you can't just pull up right next to the water. He then goes to the car, reads her Facebook messages and sees her message to RF. This is characteristic of Gary per the description of him by JF (and there is evidence he was reading her emails after her disappearance, plus there is some other woman who RF talked to that says Gary gets into email accounts). Then he gets VERY angry, feels used, and decides the world would be a better place without Robyn in it.

The million dollar question is, can Facebook provide a log of what pages were viewed by her account? Wouldn't it be a significant piece of circumstantial evidence (and supply a motive) if someone (Gary) was viewing the "Sent" folder of her Facebook account (and her "I love you we will work it out" message to RF just sent an hour earlier) at that time? This info could also possibly be gotten from the phone itself.

I find a few things "curious" about RF.

He did not go to Aruba when he learned that RG is missing . On FB, in response to the question "Will you be going to Aruba"? His response is "I'm more effective here spreading the word. I would like to go, but don't want to interfere with investigation...which I would most likely do. Just praying to be united as soon as possible."

However, he has said that the FBI has asked him to stop speaking because it interferes with the investigation; yet continues to do interviews.

In an interview I'm sure he said that he and RG were about to begin looking for a place to move to together. In another interview he said he had just moved and also said that her cats and clothing had been returned to her brother.

Roommate CJ said the relationship between RG & RF is not all that it appears to be.

RF reached out to and is currently working with Hollywood Physic Carla Baron with updates posted on her FB and Twitter. Here is a link to an article about it: http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979984796

RF is in NYC now for more media interviews per FB postings.

I just have a hard time feeling he isn't trying to position himself to cash in on this.

It if were my family member, I'm pretty sure I would be in Aruba to be present at GG's hearing of earlier this week AND trying to communicate directly with Aruban Authorities.

----------

It all adds up--it seems he systematically cut off or covered over any means of communication she might have had with a lifeline.

Interesting point. Maybe Gary didn't even get covert about it. Maybe he just grabbed her phone right in front of her and looked.

Farago said Giordano insisted on having her email password so he could ensure she was not seeing anyone else. If she said she was going to the grocery store, he would want photographic proof. Sometimes, she said, he would spy on her and text her details of her outfit so she knew he was watching. He even hid in the woods behind her home to watch her, dressing in a deer costume, she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361