VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, she has her location, school, home, car, and just about everything else out there for the world to see. This could very well be related to an e-perv.

Also - where are you all getting the vine followers from? When I click on that link, I can only view the videos. There are no comments or anything. Am I doing it wrong?

The drug use references caught my eye, too. If a recruiter found that, I don't know if she'd have much of a chance at a scholarship.

Does anyone else find it odd that her car was locked? If I was dumping a car, I wouldn't think of locking it...I'd be more concerned about getting out of there without somebody seeing me.

I missed it completely.....has LE or FBI linked this to the Harrington case?? How?

Wow. She really put a lot of her life out there for anyone to see. Here at WS we know how many predators there are. It would be easy for some creep to find out where she lived, her school, when and where she was out shopping or with friends, etc. I'm not going to get into the content of the videos and tweets just wanted to point out how scary it is that kids out out so much info publicly.

Also, somewhat OT, I thought most schools had strict "no drug" policies for team sports. She certainly wasn't hiding her use.

Do high school athletes get drug tested?

Does anyone else find it odd that her car was locked? If I was dumping a car, I wouldn't think of locking it...I'd be more concerned about getting out of there without somebody seeing me.

Not odd per se, but perhaps telling. Means she probably parked it there, or that perhaps someone familiar with the car did and locked it from habit.

Then again, most folks have a habit of locking doors now that key FOBs are widely used. I could see a random kidnapper hitting the button as he got out and shut the door.

Which begs the question - were the keys in it or did whoever locked it use the power function from the interior locks before he got out?

In fact, you may actually want someone to get in the car or take it.

Some states are now doing random testing for steroids, but they generally don't test for drugs. However, coaches have been known to take disciplinary actions against players who violate team rules, and team rules often include drug and alcohol bans.

can you set the alarm before shutting the door with the keys in the car? I believe on twitter it was stated the alarm went off when the police opened the car.

I'm not sure how it works. I remember (from many years ago) my HS had a drug free clause that had to be signed, along with other things such as keeping a certain GPA. I can recall certain people pulled out of sports for drugs.

In fact, you may actually want someone to get in the car or take it.

Exactly! And if someone didn't take it but still rummaged through it, then their fingerprints would be all over everything. Locking the car seems like something Alexis may have done herself. I always lock my car when I get out.

can you set the alarm before shutting the door with the keys in the car? I believe on twitter it was stated the alarm went off when the police opened the car.

You can if they're not in the ignition, IIRC.

I don't even know what to say about her SM presence. I do hope, though, that if it turns out to be a factor in what happened to her, it is not covered up but the opposite. Teens need to learn, somehow, how dangerous it is to play adult games online, or pretend you are an adult, or give out too much info, etc...JMO

I'm not sure but when I had my Bonneville, my grandson was about 2 years old and always wanted to get in my car so I always had to keep the doors locked when I visited. One day, I left the windows down but still locked it with the FOB so he couldn't open the door and my dad reached his hand in and unlocked the door manually and my alarm blasted loudly. Scared my grandbaby so bad he never tried to get in my car again. It probably depends on the car and what type of alarm system it has.

I really think the involvement of the FBI and state police has to due with her online presence. jmo

The Newsplex's Rachel Ryan was the first reporter on the scene and spoke with the young man who alerted police to the vehicle. He says he is friends with the Murphy family and found the car around 8 p.m. on Tuesday. He says he does not know how long it has been parked at the theater.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/218610961.html

My first thought was he might have been looking in the area because she worked near by. However, her car wasn't parked right out in the open plus it is 1/2 mile away from where she worked and in the opposite direction of where she was going. I really hope the police are checking this guy out. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer