2011.05.10 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day Two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense will pounce on this video to prove KC can't get a fair trial. :banghead:

Or to argue the choice the Judge made of where to try to pick the jury.

Not true the juror states there were people int he room that didn't even know hwo KC was. So there is a chance to seat a good jury.

Wow, WFTV has an interview with one of the Jurors who was kicked off today.
She says the great majority there do not want to be associated with this case because they know she is guilty of killing her kid and she couldn't get a fair shot from them...
http://www.wftv.com/video/27842588/index.html

That interview is an eye opener for sure. :eek:

I would bet Baez is going to bring that up tomorrow and try to get the venue changed.

I don't think deputies should make assumptions about inmates either way. I think they should follow the rules for everyone so no one gets hurt. One can't assume that just because someone has no history of violent behavior that one will never act violent. When people do something crazy, very rarely do you hear people say "Yeah he was a stark raving lunatic, I am not surprised he went to the top of the bell tower and started shooting student nurses." No, usually it's the opposite "Wow, that person seemed so normal I am shocked." The rules of returning the inmates to custody/frisking them etc. are in place to protect the men and women who are brave enough to be in this line of work. KC should not be exempt from them. :twocents:

But there is no additional risk (if there was any original risk) allowing her to stay in court for those extra few minutes after court. If anything there is less risk during that time because the Deputies are paying more attention to the Defendant at that point because they know they need to move her to custody.

The Judge hasn't said the jurors need to nothing about what has happened to date, he is looking for reasonable people who are willing to/can put their beliefs aside and listen only to the evidence. And I believe there are 20 people who can do that/or have no knowledge of this case.

Remember we are so immersed in this case there is no way we would float if you tossed us in a river.

:floorlaugh: the last line of your post.

I know what the Judge said and so does the DT. That won't stop them trying to use this woman's comments about everyone thought she killed her kid.

A few people who were asked about their hardships, financial or other did not seem to understand this question. The judge asked the same question a few times. Either they don't understand English enough or they are daft. Yet they still go on questioning them. I would just say thanks, and your welcome to leave. The forensic evidence will be baffling to them.

casey-anthony-jury-selection-6-0510.jpg

I'm not going to make any comments about this picture. :silenced:

The next phase is the weeding out for the 20 jurors. They will be asked about knowledge of the case, if they can fairly put that aside, if they are for or against the death penalty, and a few other questions.

Many cases have national coverage and jurors get seated. Many cases have local coverage and jurors get seated.

There will be 20 picked, that are logical, responsible, reasonable citizens.

I brought this over from the last thread:

I was thinking about that all day yesterday and the day before! Remember how cocky he was when HHJP was assigned to the case? How pleased he pretended to be? Better be careful what ya' wish for there, JB. Now he has a judge who is so experienced and so skilled. HHJP is one of the finest, intelligent and unflappable judges I have ever seen. He is a class act and his rulings are likely to stick and stick well. To watch this judge in action is a gift. He's fantastic.

He also has a history of knowing exactly what type of person casey is and knows how to make sure she does not escape justice. He was a DA when he tried a Florida black widow whose name escapes me at the moment. The woman killed a couple of husbands and then her son.

Decades later, he made sure to be there and watch the witch be put to death. That tells you how this judge feels about murderers like casey. So, he will make sure she faces justice in a manner that cannot be undone. They made a huge mistake in asking for Strickland's recusal, IMO.

Only 2 women have been executed in FL. JP prosecuted the one below. The other woman executed was the infamous Aileen Wuornos, the subject of the movie "Monster". I have read all the books on her and watched the docs.

Judias Goodyear Buenoano

DC# 160663

WF, born 4/4/43, was sentenced in Orange County on 11/26/85, for the 9/16/71 death of her husband by poisoning him with arsenic. Nicknamed the "Black Widow," Goodyear was also convicted (and sentenced to life) for the May 13, 1980 drowning murder of her paralyzed son in Santa Rosa County. She had two death warrants signed and stayed. On March 30, 1998, the state of Florida executed Bueonano. She was the first woman to die in the electric chair in Florida.

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/deathrow/women.html

But I am not sure there is any rule that a Defendant be removed immediately and without the slightest delay upon closing of the Court.

Also, from other cases I have seen, the Defendants are usually allowed to stay behind momentarily to speak to their DT.

Have never seen that and have watched many trials. Are you talking about a criminal trial with first degree murder?

snipped from :
http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-ex...97/detail.html

Perry then released the entire group. He later said that one of the potential jurors was also listed as a witness in the case.

After their exit, Perry admitted that the process was running behind schedule.

--------------

What is bothering me is this :

If you are on the Witness List for the ICA Trial and you get summons for Jury Duty in Pinellas County where the Jury is being picked for the Trial, wouldn't you go to the Jury Clerk and say something -- explain the situation -- I mean, she had to KNOW that the potential jurors were being selected there to go to Orlando for ICA's trial.

The woman who was interviewed said they did not know which case they were called for until the first 20 went in, came out and said that's ICA in there - they all hoped it was NOT this case because they could not be impartial.

The next phase is the weeding out for the 20 jurors. They will be asked about knowledge of the case, if they can fairly put that aside, if they are for or against the death penalty, and a few other questions.

Many cases have national coverage and jurors get seated. Many cases have local coverage and jurors get seated.

There will be 20 picked, that are logical, responsible, reasonable citizens.

Has "Hardship" stage been completed? I thought they would need to enlarge the pool after the "tainted" portion were sent home.

Exclusive: Casey Anthony attorneys hint at shocker in defense

The defense team hasn't even hinted about what story they will tell. But they told me we're in for quite a surprise.

"We suspect there will be some jaw-dropping," said defense attorney Cheney Mason. "We'll have to wait and see."

Casey's lawyers claimed three years of questions could be answered in three minutes at trial. It might shock the public.

Article: http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...-Anthony-attorneys-hint-at-shocker-in-defense

Video: http://www.cfnews13.com/video?clip=...CLUSIVE: Casey Anthony team's secret strategy

The Judge hasn't said the jurors need to nothing about what has happened to date, he is looking for reasonable people who are willing to/can put their beliefs aside and listen only to the evidence. And I believe there are 20 people who can do that/or have no knowledge of this case.

Remember we are so immersed in this case there is no way we would float if you tossed us in a river.
The problem is that is not want the defense team or the States Attorney is looking for in a juror.

I don't think deputies should make assumptions about inmates either way. I think they should follow the rules for everyone so no one gets hurt. One can't assume that just because someone has no history of violent behavior that one will never act violent. When people do something crazy, very rarely do you hear people say "Yeah he was a stark raving lunatic, I am not surprised he went to the top of the bell tower and started shooting student nurses." No, usually it's the opposite "Wow, that person seemed so normal I am shocked." The rules of returning the inmates to custody/frisking them etc. are in place to protect the men and women who are brave enough to be in this line of work. KC should not be exempt from them. :twocents:

ITA! And remember ICA is already a convicted criminal.

casey-anthony-jury-selection-6-0510.jpg

I'm not going to make any comments about this picture. :silenced:

:floorlaugh:

:great::great::great: The pics that are posted here at WS are :great::great::great:

I still can't get over how KC and JB were acting in court today. Just after the whole potential jury pool was dismissed, KC was at the table with AF and the lawyer with the unlawful hair and she was talking to them and also CM from time to time but giving the angry "girlfriend stare" across the room at JB. JB did not come and wait at the table. He was stood with the back to the camera and watching KC and how she was behaving, all the while KC was giving the "stares".

When the videos are posted, I'll find it and give a time stamp.

A few people who were asked about their hardships, financial or other did not seem to understand this question. The judge asked the same question a few times. Either they don't understand English enough or they are daft. Yet they still go on questioning them. I would just say thanks, and your welcome to leave. The forensic evidence will be baffling to them.

It kills me when listening to some of the ones, who truely would have
hardship and CM wants to continue questioning them about their hardship. I want to slap him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth