The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see that show, but I'm pretty sure what she said or meant by that is that he was testifying as a fact witness as opposed to an expert witness. In other words, he is testifying about something that he saw and did contemporaneously as a part of the case, and was not hired by the state to render an expert opinion. Nothing any witness says must be taken as a fact by the jury unless the parties stipulate to it as undisputed fact. The jury is always free to give whatever weight it deems appropriate to the testimony of a fact witness. The ME is no different than a police officer who testifies about what happened in an accident based on his investigation v. what an eyewitness says he saw. They are both fact witnesses and if they disagree on how the accident happened, the jury will weigh their testimony and determine which they think is more likely taking into consideration, for example, the police officer's training and whether the eyewitness could be misremembering.

No doubt the jury will give considerable weight to the testimony of the ME, but it is absolutely untrue that the ME's testimony establishes conclusively as fact that the gunshot came last, imo

The ME is there to state the cause and manner of death as a matter of fact. We can argue all day long about our opinions, but the fact is the ME in this trial stated the gunshot came last and that is now a factual part of this trial.

She has a lover 18 years younger. She won't leave her husband - she loves him but says she needs sex to feel "womanly".

Imagine if the roles were reversed, the guy would be getting roasted! :floorlaugh:

Yes, and the defense is counting on the jury NOT knowing that pedophiles are not interested in having sex with women who look like children, pedophiles are interested in children. The schoolgirl getup is a fantasy in sex. It just means (if it's true) that Travis has a common kink. Not illegal at all.

I, for one, don't believe the pigtails story, because they are braided. If they weren't I might believe it. I think she wore braids because she knew she was going to kill him and was keeping her hair contained.

I've read that Jodi's MySpace shows an older photo of her wearing those braids. So perhaps she wore her hair like that by choice on various occasions.

More specifically, I suspect that "naughty little girl in braids" is a part of her sexual persona. Her soft-spoken manner seems in keeping with this. Also, her saying twice (during interrogation) that she should have been "adult" about confronting Travis with her concerns. And then, there's her photo appearing to be clean-shaven as a baby.

So, I think those braids reflect JA's self-perception, that they're part of her own sexy little girl act.

Could be another Cindy who will do anything for her darling daughter. GAG!

I've been thinking exactly the same thing. Some had been saying they felt sorry for JA's mother, but there's something hinky about her. Her facial expressions and body language in court are just "off". I remember someone commenting that she was smirking when the DT were talking about the "domestic abuse".

At least she hasn't been spouting off to the media like Cinda Anthony did. GAG is right :puke:

Imagine if the roles were reversed, the guy would be getting roasted! :floorlaugh:
:pillowfight:
Now Bob, don't be pushing your luck here! We only allow a limited number of men in here and your membership could easily be revoked! :floorlaugh:

:pillowfight:
Now Bob, don't be pushing your luck here! We only allow a limited number of men in here and your membership could easily be revoked!

:denied:

Haha, I knew that was coming! :what: :great:

I'd like to go along with you, but then the questions still remain:

When did she shoot him (don't forget the angle of entry)?

If it was late in the series of events, why did she shoot him then?

You're going to commit murder. You've never done this before, but you watch TV. You have a gun and a knife. Which do you use first?

:dunno:

She would have had to have been standing over top of him. I can't remember where exactly (without looking) the bullet casing landed but it would have been close to that location.

I think he was dead by then or close to dead.

I think she shot him because she wanted it to look like there was more than one assailant.

I apologize, this sounds gross as I am typing this, but I have heard that a chicken keeps moving even after you cut off its head. Do you think she shot him in the end because he was still moving? ughh, sorry......

This may be a dumb question but oh well... :)

Why the burglary charge?

I could never find a link to the actual autopsy report until today (thank you Minor4th). In reading the report, it is somewhat different than what the ME testified to. It states:
"The wound track perforates the anterior frontal skull near the superior oribital bone and transverses the right anterior fossa, without gross evidence of significant intracranial hemorrhage or apparent cerebral injury." It goes on to talk about the decomposition limiting the exan. And then under Nervous System states " The dura mater and falx cerebri are intact." The dura mater is the tuff, fibrous covering of the brain. Then "Multiple serial sections of autolyzed brain do not reveal the presence of grossly apparent trauma, foreign bodies, or previously existing natural disaease."

So he testified that the bullet went theough the brain but the autopsy report states otherwise as far as what I'm reading.

Link: http://cnninsession.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/redactedtravisautopsy.pdf

i think you just described HER. i think one clear sign is converting to TA's religion after a mere 2 months of dating. who does that? that's a pretty big leap after such a short time.

Again, I think she needs to be kept away forever.

But TA sent people to her house to convert her.

I apologize, this sounds gross as I am typing this, but I have heard that a chicken keeps moving even after you cut off its head. Do you think she shot him in the end because he was still moving? ughh, sorry......

I think exactly that. He was either still feebly moving, or his body was making "death sounds", so she shot him to make sure he was dead. :(

She would have had to have been standing over top of him. I can't remember where exactly (without looking) the bullet casing landed but it would have been close to that location.

I think she shot him because she wanted it to look like there was more than one assailant.

BBM

Now that is the most logical reason I have heard for shooting him last.

After reading the following, BBM:
"[Arias] was totally obsessed with him," Hughes said. "She wouldn't let him go. Whenever he would try to sever all ties, she would threaten to kill herself ... He would tell her he didn't want anything to do with her, and she would show up at his house. We knew it was her. We didn't want it to be her, but [we] just knew it was."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/29/jodi-arias_n_1174274.html
I can’t help but wonder if that last eerie photo of TA in the shower was when TA saw JA with the knife/gun pointed at herself as a fake sign of impending suicide.

Could JA have subsequently dropped the camera as TA lunged toward her in his attempt to disarm her from hurting herself and JA intentionally and premeditatedly turned the knife/gun on TA?

I am not saying that she didn't do this but
even if she did use that to control him I sincerely
doubt that she said if you don't have sex with me
I will kill myself

I could never find a link to the actual autopsy report until today (thank you Minor4th). In reading the report, it is somewhat different than what the ME testified to. It states:
"The wound track perforates the anterior frontal skull near the superior oribital bone and transverses the right anterior fossa, without gross evidence of significant intracranial hemorrhage or apparent cerebral injury." It goes on to talk about the decomposition limiting the exan. And then under Nervous System states " The dura mater and falx cerebri are intact." The dura mater is the tuff, fibrous covering of the brain. Then "Multiple serial sections of autolyzed brain do not reveal the presence of grossly apparent trauma, foreign bodies, or previously existing natural disaease."

So he testified that the bullet went theough the brain but the autopsy report states otherwise as far as what I'm reading.

Link: http://cnninsession.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/redactedtravisautopsy.pdf

I think the key word here is "apparent". The ME testified that the brain was in a state of decomposition, and because of that brain injury could not be ascertained. So there was no APPARENT brain injury, because the brain was so decomposed it could not be known.

The ME is there to state the cause and manner of death as a matter of fact. We can argue all day long about our opinions, but the fact is the ME in this trial stated the gunshot came last and that is now a factual part of this trial.

what i have been thinking - ppl say maybe the LE interview was partly autobiographic - saying the part of shooting first is real because if she was going to kill travis thats how she would do it - but she is a skilled liar, and thinks she can talk her way out of any thing - so why wouldn't she think when the results come back he was shot last - then she can say - see it wasn't me, i never would have stabbed first - so i am innocent??

That makes so much sense. Do you believe she went there with the "two ninja" story already running around in her mind? If so, that's even more reason to believe this was premeditated. She had a whole made up story ready before the murder. No wonder she had no problem concocting the Ninja story on the fly in the second interrogation. :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd