Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
11991352-small.jpg

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2012/12/authorities_say_missing_woman.html
Authorities say missing woman was on her way to shop at Destiny USA
Syracuse, NY – Authorities are looking for a Chenango County woman who has been missing since Tuesday when she told her husband she was driving to Syracuse to shop at Destiny USA.
She was driving a maroon 2006 Chrysler Town and Country minivan with a New York license plate of EFA1962.
Deputies said Ramsaran may have changed her hair color and style before she left. Her cell phone was found Wednesday on State Route 23 in the Town of Plymouth.
Deputies ask that anyone with information about Ramsaran call them at 607-334-2000 and push option 1.
1zqaupt.png

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...99051391.74183.212865135400495&type=1&theater
Facebook missing page

Social Networks
Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)
Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!
Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Rumors are not allowed, if you can't link to it then please don't post it here. Main stream media and law enforcement are acceptable at this time.

Thread #1

Finding Jennifer

Please continue here...

Jennifer Ramsaran's car was found on December 16, 2012, at Plank Road Manor, Plymouth Street, in the City of Norwich on Dec. 16.

erebtl.jpg

Link to map: http://goo.gl/maps/fS9io

Ramsaran’s cell phone was found on Dec. 12 in the area of State Route 23 and Moon Hill Road in the Town of Plymouth, while her 2006 Chrysler Town and Country minivan was discovered at Plank Road Manor, Plymouth Street, in the City of Norwich on Dec. 16.
http://www.evesun.com/news/stories/2012-12-31/16554/Twenty-days-and-still-no-sign-of-missing-woman/

Jennifer Ramsaran's phone found near the intersection of State Route 23 and Moon Hill Road in the Town of Plymouth.

ac76si.jpg

Link to map http://goo.gl/maps/MKesZ

That is the town highway sand pile there to the north of state route 23. Moon hill goes up and to the left, with the driveway to the Town Highway garage to to right. There at that Y, Moon Hill becomes a Seasonal Road. I ran it on Thursday. The road is icy and has a small amount of snow covering hard pack because it is a Snowmobile route now.

To the right of the road, there is a creek and it becomes a VERY deep ravine with two large waterfalls. This creek empties into the Canasawacta Creek below near the Rt 23 and Moon Hill Intersection.

In between the waterfalls, the Ravine is VERY deep with drop off cliffs into it where you can't see the bottum. VERY, VERY hard to get down into there now without rappelling in. There's a logging path out to top of the higher falls and then the ravine continues up to where it gets to POSTED signs. It's a very eery location.

2afa2dl.jpg

Google Earth

JR's Home: Sheff Rd New Berlin, NY 13843

JR's Car Found: Plank Road Manor, 95 Plymouth St, Norwich, New York 13815

JR's Phone Found: New York 23 & Moon Hill Rd, Plymouth, NY 13815

That is the town highway sand pile there to the north of state route 23. Moon hill goes up and to the left, with the driveway to the Town Highway garage to to right. There at that Y, Moon Hill becomes a Seasonal Road. I ran it on Thursday. The road is icy and has a small amount of snow covering hard pack because it is a Snowmobile route now.

To the right of the road, there is a creek and it becomes a VERY deep ravine with two large waterfalls. This creek empties into the Canasawacta Creek below near the Rt 23 and Moon Hill Intersection.

In between the waterfalls, the Ravine is VERY deep with drop off cliffs into it where you can't see the bottum. VERY, VERY hard to get down into there now without rappelling in. There's a logging path out to top of the higher falls and then the ravine continues up to where it gets to POSTED signs. It's a very eery location.

Thanks for that detailed description of the area OffRoadRunner!. I had a look around on Google Earth. It's like a jungle in there and you're so right, it does look eerie.

Whew! I didn't know this new thread was here until ORR kindly told me. I wonder how many others in our group don't know? Usually they link to it at the bottom of the closed thread. {{Mods, would you mind doing that, so that people will know where to find us?}} Okay, lemme catch up.

And O/T - Londonrraine, I am so very sorry about your friend :(

Whew! I didn't know this new thread was here until ORR kindly told me. I wonder how many others in our group don't know? Usually they link to it at the bottom of the closed thread. {{Mods, would you mind doing that, so that people will know where to find us?}} Okay, lemme catch up.

And O/T - Londonrraine, I am so very sorry about your friend :(

I saw someone commenting on "Help Find Jennifer Ramsaran" saying they couldn't find JR's thread on Websleuths anymore.

I saw someone commenting on "Help Find Jennifer Ramsaran" saying they couldn't find JR's thread on Websleuths anymore.

I wonder if that's when it was closed for review earlier? That said, people may not know to look for this new thread. I hate that. I wish there was a link at the bottom of the old one to direct people here.

I also saw where a couple of people were trying to join us, but WS isn't accepting their email addresses. So frustrating.

I wonder if that's when it was closed for review earlier? That said, people may not know to look for this new thread. I hate that. I wish there was a link at the bottom of the old one to direct people here.

I also saw where a couple of people were trying to join us, but WS isn't accepting their email addresses. So frustrating.

I think some just bookmark a particular thread they are following and don't go to the main page/index so it must be confusing especially when the thread was removed for review earlier. I did send a PM to Mod's to ask if they could please put the link to the new thread at the end of the other one.

I think some just bookmark a particular thread they are following and don't go to the main page/index so it must be confusing especially when the thread was removed for review earlier. I did send a PM to Mod's to ask if they could please put the link to the new thread at the end of the other one.

Oh good, thanks for doing that!!

And note to anyone reading here: We would LOVE for you to join us. If you're unable to sign up due to email addresses not being approved or whatnot, try emailing websleuths, or a mod, and see if they will help you. I don't know how to do this off the top of my head, but there should be some kind of contact info on the main page of the site.

Oh good, thanks for doing that!!

And note to anyone reading here: We would LOVE for you to join us. If you're unable to sign up due to email addresses not being approved or whatnot, try emailing websleuths, or a mod, and see if they will help you. I don't know how to do this off the top of my head, but there should be some kind of contact info on the main page of the site.

BBM :)

Main Index: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/index.php

Scroll right down to the bottom of the page and click on "Contact Us"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics