ABC producer paid for George, Cindy Anthony to stay at the Ritz Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
PROFITS..........will the A family hae to pay taxes on the PROFIT they have made from CAYLEE's MURDER?

I am not sure I read that right.....did you say profit?:angel::bang:

Hee. PROFIT. Capital P lowercase r o f i t. PROFIT.

"Positive gain from a business operation after subtracting all expenses. Opposite of loss."
:blowkiss:

Hee. PROFIT. Capital P lowercase r o f i t. PROFIT.

"Positive gain from a business operation after subtracting all expenses. Opposite of loss."
:blowkiss:

Opposite of loss. Could anyone describe what the Anthony's have been through as the opposite of loss?

Yes, fine dining and fancy hotels are profitting.

Oh gosh, do we really have to rehash that one night again. Of anything people think they may have done, that one night is the most understandable of all. They couldn't go back to their home, they were devastated and someone said they had made arrangements for them and so they went. Can you even imagine how horrid that night was for them? Could you expect sanity from yourself on a night you found your grandchild's body was found? I would want to die. People would have to point me in a direction and push me there and it sounds like that's what happened.

Oh gosh, do we really have to rehash that one night again. Of anything people think they may have done, that one night is the most understandable of all. They couldn't go back to their home, they were devastated and someone said they had made arrangements for them and so they went. Can you even imagine how horrid that night was for them? Could you expect sanity from yourself on a night you found your grandchild's body was found? I would want to die. People would have to point me in a direction and push me there and it sounds like that's what happened.

Well, in all fairness, that IS what the thread is about. That one night (which was actually several nights).

Well, seeing how that one night is the topic of this thread- yeah I'm guessing that night is gonna keep coming up on this thread.. :waitasec:

Oh gosh, do we really have to rehash that one night again. Of anything people think they may have done, that one night is the most understandable of all. They couldn't go back to their home(that's because it was a crime scene- they had to go somewhere), they were devastated and someone said they had made arrangements for them and so they went. Can you even imagine how horrid that night was for them?(Personally I suspect they weren't shocked because they already knew) Could you expect sanity from yourself on a night you found your grandchild's body was found? I would want to die.(Bingo- you just made my point) People would have to point me in a direction and push me there and it sounds like that's what happened.
The arrangements were made by their own spokesperson Michelle Bart, who may have pushed for the Ritz, and if it were me, I'd be staying with family- Lee or at a motel, not the finest accomodations in town with steak dinners costing $100/person and meeting with producers from one of the three major networks... That's why this thread continues with it's popularity.

I don't think that Cindy's concern at that time was future media interviews. I think her concern was that it was the last few minutes she would get with her daughter. If I remember the situation correctly, JB had worked out a plan where they would transfer Casey from Cindy's car to the bodyguard's car so the bodyguard could take her in. It was all planned in the interest of avoiding the media and not capturing yet another of Casey's arrests on camera. Cindy was frustrated that the reporter was following them and thwarting their plan so she hit the reporter with the only thing she had - no more interviews for you!

I remember a thread where people were speculating about the reasons why Cindy left Baez's office with the perp and then took a weird route and in the middle of all that, LE came and got the perp from the car. It happened under a bridge. This is the first I've heard that it was JB's plan and the reasons for it. I would appreciate a link.

The arrangements were made by their own spokesperson Michelle Bart, who may have pushed for the Ritz, and if it were me, I'd be staying with family- Lee or at a motel, not the finest accomodations in town with steak dinners costing $100/person and meeting with producers from one of the three major networks... That's why this thread continues with it's popularity.

This is the part that gets to me. There's a producer from a major network at the table! And it's a huge group. I would want my privacy and the last thing I would want is a producer from a major network listening on anything or watching me bounce off the walls.

Well, in all fairness, that IS what the thread is about. That one night (which was actually several nights).

You're right, that's what the thread is about. I guess I'm just surprised that of all the things in the world to pick on them for, that this would be it and that it would drag on and on and on.

You're right, that's what the thread is about. I guess I'm just surprised that of all the things in the world to pick on them for, that this would be it and that it would drag on and on and on.
No, it's only one of the things about the Anthony's behavior that bugs me, but it fits with their pattern of obstruction, turning on the people who tried to help find Caylee, and seeming to profit off her death. As other posters have said, they did lose a grandchild, but that's no excuse for bad behavior. Lee & Jackie Peterson also lost a grandchild, did they act any better?

FROM THE OTHER THREAD
Original ELFIE:
Even though drinking the Koolaid is a popular expression, it ignores the fact that those of Jonestown that actually did drink Koolaid had no choice in the matter, or they did, but knowing that they would then be shot. I'm not certain HOW this expression made it into the vernacular. The current expression indicates a willingness under no duress, ignoring the very real circumstances of the initial situation. It wasn't until the followers arrived at the location that they became fully aware of Jones' nature, and at that point it was too late and they were trapped.
<<<END>>>

The expression comes from the fact that these people followed him blindly.
Their affiliation did did NOT begin with Jonestown. There were many years prior to Jonestown. And many who did not follow.

BUT YOUR ANALOGY does make sense. We just have to look before Johnstown. ONLY the lost seemd to follow.

Thanks Songline! So glad to read that.

This doesn't surprise me at all! I'm a mother of 2 children and a grandmother of an almost 3 year old granddaughter. I would never act like this!!!!!!!!!!!! In my opinion ALL of the A's saw an opportunity to make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ off of their granddaughter. They stooped so low and I don't see them coming up for air anytime soon! Both my kids know what it's like to work for a living. My daughter is a military wife and so between working and going to school and family she has basically no free time. She is a year older than KC and neither myself or her father would enable/coddle her like the A's seemed to have done for KC all her life. I think that is why the A's want immunity so they can make money to tell all about thier dysfunctional family.

I posted on the other thread when it was active, but as I said before in my other post, I'm just not all that surprised that a media company footed the hotel bill for the Anthony family. Every national news media organization is after them to do media interviews, they are "the get" and news producers and bookers are going to do everything that they can to get them to appear on their network as an exclusive.

So the news media organizations don't "pay" for interviews? There's ways around it - they pay the airfare, room and board, licensing fees for photos, videos. I only guessed that it was a different news organization that paid the Ritz hotel bill, not ABC.

It does not bother me that the A's were put up in a fancy hotel or had an expensive meal on ABC's tab.

Hope you've enjoyed your lupper. :)

I typed up a response to you in the other thread but it got locked up before I posted and was lost. It seems we're not so far apart in our thinking about the profit being made from Caylee's murder.

Yes, KC has a dream team defending her including many very high priced experts that are not giving their time for free. They are sought after, already famous and don't need the publicity. These include Dr. Henry Lee, Dr. Werner Spitz, Dr. Timothy Huntington, Dr. Kathy Reichs, Dr. Scott Fairgrieve, Dr. Larry Kobilinsky, Larry Daniel. I haven't heard of any donating their time so it's massive money for these experts and it's not coming from KC's imaginary savings account funded by her imaginary job.

KC's parents, on the other hand, have no legal expenses of which I'm aware. BC has said he is doing this pro-bono and MN was paid by another entity.

The media is paying for the defense which is why the case is taking so much longer. If the state didn't have such a solid case, it's very likely that KC would be able to buy her acquittal with such a high powered team at her disposal. That is about the biggest profit one could imagine, imo. The other downside is the costs to the state, the taxpayers which include me, of prevailing against such an expense onslaught of experts determined to defend the reprehensible, if not indefensible. If everyone were afforded this luxury, I'd feel differently. But we're not all this fortunate, even those who are really innocent.

Whether the money goes into a bank, into a smoke and mirror display or paying for expert opinions, it's all of benefit to those involved. I'd feel a lot better about CA receiving the perks and funding if she acted like Caylee's grandmother rather than solely as KC's mother and biggest fan, imo.

Lin I LOVE YOUR POSTS YOU ARE A VERY BEAUTIFUL SPIRIT.
I appreciate your reply. While I do not see her attorney as part of a dream team, I do see that some of the others may be known names, but IMHO some need to redeem themselves and PR is a good way.
None the less I DO get your point, we could not have afforded them nor could Casey's imaginary bank account, or job. Point well taken.

I also learned on this thread from Gardenheart that the state would have selected a top notch attorney in her behalf. I had no clue on that.
IMHO the case is taking so much longer because it is NO Slam Dunk.
I read this this morning.
http://wdbo.com/localnews/2009/02/new-evidence-released-in-case.html
So: with no fingerprints on the tape, NO direct knowledge that the diary is of this year, and more...
it seems to me it would take loooooong just to make sure she does not walk.
It could not have been any faster till they CAN nail it.

Somehow I read between the lines in your post that a good team will get her off.
I HOPE SHE DOES NOT GET OFF: having said that, it is not the team that will get her off
but maybe lack of evidence pointing directly at her.
Whomever may have known more about where the body was and did not report it sooner, when finger prints were able to be gotten, before the sun melted them and the rain washed it, the longer they had to search for the body the safer Casey's case had become for her.
THIS HAS BOTHERED ME ALL ALONG. I realized early on that the longer they are looking for Caylee the more likely that there will no longer be much evidence on the little skeleton.
THERE IN LIES one of the problem of having proper evidence that ties her directly to the crime.

I DO believe that Casey's parents had a hand in not helping the search, in order to save Casey, a parent that wants to hope for the best is what I think this was.They are victims too.
They are parents of a mentally imbalanced girl. (they are in denial about that).
I also think they have a right to use the Tabloid/TV venue.
I would get more angry at the fact that they washed car, pants, did not give the search team caylees garment and bought a lot of time, by doing all of that, it is what helped Casey the most.
But I can not get angry about Ritz, TV meeting, or her defense team, because she has a right to that. So does anyone who can get it.

AS PARENTS they never voted for this mess. It was just a slice of life that was cut out in their behalf. I DO feel for them.
Non of this came to them with a manual.

In the beginning I said Casey is bipolar+other psychological disorder,
I was told She was evil and bad, and something about me being a good Samaritan.
I stopped posting on the Caylee threads for some time and stayed in the political pavilion.
I believe that Casey has a mental disorder, and Cindy is on the fringe of the same disorder.
I do not want anyone to profit, but I personally do not want to pick on them.
NOR do I want to deny that they did help delay this case from having more and better evidence right from the start; IMO they did that early on, and that is what MAY save Casey.
If she is saved her parents gave her life twice at birth and helping her with this case.
IMHO this team is not going to save her it is the "A"s actions in the very beginning.
I do not think she is going free, I think they will take as loooong as they need to get it right.

My lupper was great :) and I am impressed with your memory of all the people on her team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie