GUILTY FL - Jerry Perdomo, 31, Orange City, 16 February 2012

It seems to me that C&D's "road trip" would make for a great opportunity to dispose of a body. Theres alot of road between Maine and Florida. Ewwww...I hated writing that.

IMO....of course.
Yes...I am very interested in what evidence (if any) is found in those three vehicles.

I thought about that for a minute but I don't think this is the case.That's what DEA agents or undercover cops do not fireman.

JMO..but...a person with a history of PTSD, etc. would probably not be accepted as an undercover cop.

"A close friend of Perdomo's told WFTV reporter Bianca Castro that he knows what happened.

"He said, 'If I go up there, I can make a killing," said Perdomo's friend, who did not want to be identified.

Perdomo's friend confirmed to WFTV details only close friends and family of Perdomo would know.

He said Perdomo went to Bangor to sell prescription pills and had made the trip before. He also said Perdomo mentioned the only person of interest's name, Daniel Porter, just weeks before his trip.

"He said a buddy of his called him from up north, named Daniel," said Perdomo's friend.

He also said Perdomo often carried a gun in his car and likely took that gun with him to Maine."

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/wife-missing-seminole-co-firefighter-hold-press-co/nK6RQ/

I want to know who this friend is? Is he also a firefighter? I know that they hold firefighters to a lot of the same standards that they hold police officers to? If this friend is also a firefighter, would he have had an obligation to tell his supervisor about Jerry's side job?

I'm not trying to come down too hard on Jerry because no one deserves whatever has happened to him, but at the same time, he was putting drugs on the streets that have cost a lot of lives? Lives he was more than likely dispatched to help save at one point or another? It's highly unlikely that he jumped right into trafficking these pills to Maine. He more than likely started locally and moved up.

I just have so many questions? How do you go from being a firefighter with a nice family and nice home to a drug trafficker? A lot of people who were born into that lifestyle will tell you... there are only two ways out... jail or death. Why anyone chooses to be a part of it... when they seemingly have everything... makes no sense to me?

What made him choose this path?

I haven't seen much mention of the "girlfriend". I read somewhere that LE interviewed her, but that was it?

IMHO, wouldn't she play a bigger part than is being discussed if truly a gf?

I'm not sure I'm buying into that claim. Why didn't she go with him to visit his "friend" and then onto dinner? Why the separation? Isn't that why he supposedly drove up there - to see her? :waitasec:

For those wondering where is Kathy, here she is!

"WFTV reporter Kathi Belich spoke with a body language expert who watched the news conference held by Perdomo's wife, Tonya."

"Body language expert, Susan Constantine, said Tonya seems to be hiding something, and looks anything but devastated."

A lot more at:

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/body-language-expert-missing-firefighters-wife/nK6wK/

In the article, the body language expert also says the wife dressed up, was made up, etc. I have to disagree, she had on blue jeans and a black long-sleeved sweater. Not exactly dressed up in my view. Her makeup also looks ordinary to me, like what most young women wear every day, nothing special.
She is an attractive young woman, and obviously realizes it. Her mannerisms remind me of a thousand other young women who know they look hot and like to show it. Maybe not the best way to act when your husband is missing, though.
But I do agree that she doesn't appear devastated. Maybe a little in shock, maybe not wanting to accept the situation, or maybe she does know more than she admits, who knows? I would say she seemed to be pretty calm, and that is probably not how most of us would feel if our spouses came up missing.

In the article, the body language expert also says the wife dressed up, was made up, etc. I have to disagree, she had on blue jeans and a black long-sleeved sweater. Not exactly dressed up in my view. Her makeup also looks ordinary to me, like what most young women wear every day, nothing special.
She is an attractive young woman, and obviously realizes it. Her mannerisms remind me of a thousand other young women who know they look hot and like to show it. Maybe not the best way to act when your husband is missing, though.
But I do agree that she doesn't appear devastated. Maybe a little in shock, maybe not wanting to accept the situation, or maybe she does know more than she admits, who knows? I would say she seemed to be pretty calm, and that is probably not how most of us would feel if our spouses came up missing.

BBM
I agree not dressed up, but maybe she seemed a little too together - instead of a ponytail, sweats and no makeup. Maybe to some that seems unusual, but I guess we all react differently under stress. Also, I know women who have been married for years and their husband has NEVER seen them without their makeup, let alone anyone else.

I think her eyes were really telling though. Something is off - either she knows why he went up there, and is now sorry she went along with things, (maybe they really needed the money?) or she knew what was going on and didn't want him to go and is angry now that he's missing?

It was almost like she wanted to say something at times, but held back. Maybe she's been given info that can't be made public right now. Whatever, the interview was uncomfortable for me to watch.

Where are you Jerry?

I completely agree with your assessment. She wasn't dressed up and the make up was ordinary. She was soooooo nervous that I'm not sure if we can tell what her true emotions would be. It just felt really cold and unemotional. But I also think nowadays people go on some kind of pills that make them emotionless anyway. So who knows. My personal opinion is that she knew exactly what her husband was up to.

Tonya Perdomo acknowledged that her husband, whose rental car was found abandoned in a Walmart parking lot Feb. 16, made the 1,600 mile trek from Florida to Maine to visit another woman.

"I knew that he had a friend, but he has female friends. I can't comment on the extent of their relationship because I don't know," she said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-florida-fireman-person-interest-named-foul-play/story?id=15805714

So his wife says she knew he was driving all that way to visit a woman, but doesn't know the extent of their relationship? That to me is just plain weird.

maybe he had an open marriage, but then why drive 1600 miles if you had an open marriage?

maybe he had an open marriage, but then why drive 1600 miles if you had an open marriage?

Is it still an open marriage if your girlfriend doesn't know you're married? :waitasec:

I'm not up on the rules of these things.

To summarize, the wife said he went to Maine to "help a friend," and now she has admitted that she knew this friend was a female.

What exactly was he supposed to "help" her do? Move? Fix her car?

BBM
I agree not dressed up, but maybe she seemed a little too together - instead of a ponytail, sweats and no makeup. Maybe to some that seems unusual, but I guess we all react differently under stress. Also, I know women who have been married for years and their husband has NEVER seen them without their makeup, let alone anyone else.

I think her eyes were really telling though. Something is off - either she knows why he went up there, and is now sorry she went along with things, (maybe they really needed the money?) or she knew what was going on and didn't want him to go and is angry now that he's missing?

It was almost like she wanted to say something at times, but held back. Maybe she's been given info that can't be made public right now. Whatever, the interview was uncomfortable for me to watch.

Where are you Jerry?

Thanks, good points. I would think she was coached a little bit by LE not to say too much because the investigation is still fairly new. Whether she was aware of what he was doing, or of the g/f is not really important right now, IMO. Apparently she is not a POI, she's still a victim, so I'm not going to worry a whole lot what is going on inside her mind.
As for the clothes and makeup, I just found it sort of everyday... not spectacular like she was made up to go out on the town. I don't go to the store unless my hair is combed and my clothes are clean and neat, and a little eye makeup on. So that said... if this wife had come out and stood in front of the mics with slouchy sweats on and no makeup with her hair in a ponytail, that would look staged to me.

Is it still an open marriage if your girlfriend doesn't know you're married? :waitasec:

I'm not up on the rules of these things.

Good question! I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard that "I didn't know he was married!!" line. Sure they do. There are signs, you just have to be smart enough to recognize them.

This article only names Dp as a POI, a previous article said they were both poi's...hmm. maybe i misunderstood....

WFTV.com will post the two press conferences as soon as they becomes available.

I consistently read that DP is a POI, and think I read once where both DP and gf are POI's.
I am not sure, either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back