PA PA - Perry Co, Rte 322, WhtFem 15-38, 11UFPA, turquoise jewelry, clothes, Jun'79

Richard

Reaction score
Unidentified White Female

11UFPA13.jpg

• The victim was discovered on June 20, 1979 in Watts Township, Perry County, Pennsylvania
  • Estimated Date of Death: Summer/Fall 1978
Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 18-30 years old
  • Approximate Height: 5 feet 4 inches
  • Approximate Weight: 115 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown to blonde, medium-length, straight hair. Victim was a petite white female.
  • Clothing: Blue, wool twill knit pants, red thread. White lace blouse. Dark blue, ribbed tank-top. Tan “Mushroom black" label jacket/shirt with zipper on right upper pocket, button down front. White or tan bra, “A” cup. Red and gray, Argyle type socks. White leather buckle-type shoes, inside leather stamped with “G48175 1973”, Size estimated at 8 ¼ inches.
  • Jewelry: Silver, Avon Brand, buckle chain bracelet (right wrist). Sterling silver, Indian type, oblong ring with Turquoise and Onyx stone. Sterling silver, Indian type, Turquoise, oblong Ring, with matching tear-drop earrings and oblong necklace pendant. Sterling silver ring, with black Onyx stone.
  • Fingerprints: Not Available
  • Dentals: Dental Chart available.

• The teeth were generally in good repair. The following teeth were found to be missing: 2, 3, 16, 17 and 32. The third molar areas were healed, implying removal of third molars, excepting the maxillary right third molar, or failure of development of those teeth. The few restorations that were present in the teeth were small, conservative restorations, skillfully placed. Class 1 Occlusions. Narrow archway. Absence of periodontal disease. Little wear on teeth, implying young adult in early twenties to early thirties.
    [*]DNA: Not available as of 6/1/08.
11UFPA1.jpg
11UFPA2.jpg

11UFPA4.jpg
11UFPA10.jpg

11UFPA6.jpg
11UFPA7.jpg
11UFPA8.jpg

11UFPA12.jpg
11UFPA11.jpg

Jewelry & Clothing
Case History

The victim was located on Route 322 Eastbound, over an embankment near the Juniata River, approximately 16 miles west of Harrisburg, PA. Cause of death could not be determined.

DNA profile not available as of 6/1/08.

Jewelry may be Navajo and Zuni, originating from New Mexico-Arizona region

Investigators

If you have any information about this case please contact:

Pennsylvania State Police
Trooper Donald L. Chewning
717-567-3110

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: H05-149355

NCIC Number: U-853394087

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Pennsylvania State Police
Doenetwork Case File 11UFPA

LINK:
http://doenetwork.org/cases/11ufpa.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/11ufpa.html
https://identifyus.org/cases/5166

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1255dfma.html

I think this person has a good possibility of being Simone Stephanie Ridinger who went missing in September 1977. The Estimated Date of Death is fall 78-spring 79, but from what I've seen they can be off a year.

She fits the physical, hair color, height, age, weight. And Simone was known to wear lots of jewelery and the doe was found with a bunch of it. Also it lists Simone's necklace as a turquoise stone, which was also found on the doe. What do you guys think? I checked our rule outs and the Namus rule outs, Simone is not one of them.

According to DoeNet, both the UID and SSR are in CODIS.

So does that mean she has been ruled out and is not listed on the rule outs?

It means that if they were a match, CODIS should have identified it. There is a small chance that CODIS returned a false negative, but you won't get the authorities to check it manually unless there is an extremely compelling reason to do so.

David VanNorman of the San Bernadino County ME office had a back-and-forth with the State of California DNA lab about whether CODIS has false negatives. He wanted the lab to manually check a possible match even though they both were in CODIS. The state lab refused, arguing that it was a non-match by virtue of the fact that CODIS did not hit on it as a match, and they were unaware of any instances of false negatives in CODIS. Van Norman subsequently proved that CODIS does have false negatives. A Ridgecrest CA case didn't trigger a CODIS hit until the family submitted samples from three separate family members.

CODIS rule-outs by default will not go on any lists, because nobody is ever notified that they did not match. There is only a notification if they do match.

Dentals are available on Simone-her teeth were near perfect according to Detective Hebb who is the primary on her case.

BUT-here is Simone's NAMUS listing
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2779/0/

Her DNA might be in the MA State Police Database rather than CODIS...and her dental charts have not been entered either....

Carl do you know that it is in CODIS? If not a quick email to Det Hebb can confirm whether or not Simone has been compared to this case...

eta: Uh duh-doe network is reporting her DNA in CODIS. Det Hebb might want to look anyway-he is a no stone left unturned kind of guy.

Dentals are available on Simone-her teeth were near perfect according to Detective Hebb who is the primary on her case.

BUT-here is Simone's NAMUS listing
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2779/0/

Her DNA might be in the MA State Police Database rather than CODIS...and her dental charts have not been entered either....

Carl do you know that it is in CODIS? If not a quick email to Det Hebb can confirm whether or not Simone has been compared to this case...

eta: Uh duh-doe network is reporting her DNA in CODIS. Det Hebb might want to look anyway-he is a no stone left unturned kind of guy.

My understanding is that often, the samples are initially entered in state DNA databases, and then periodically uploaded from the state systems to CODIS. I know that it works that way for California.

My understanding is that often, the samples are initially entered in state DNA databases, and then periodically uploaded from the state systems to CODIS. I know that it works that way for California.

TY-shhh, but we arent quite that evolved here in MA. We like to keep them in the state police Database and then have the samples compared....so I have heard. Given the determination of Det Hebb, he may have insisted on DNA into CODIS. He used to receive visits from Simone's mother every November at the start of hunting season...she was hoping someone would finally stumble over her bones you see...:(

Mom has since passed and Det Hebb told me that he is the only one left to care about this special young woman. (Except for us and the others who keep track of her!!!)

Sorry, I had to take off right after I asked the CODIS question, but thanks for the answer. This is such a perfect match for Simone, and since there is a possibility of a CODIS failure, maybe I should send Detective Hebb an email AND the PA medical examiner AND the Namus Contact. If this possible match has been thoroughly examined then, if nothing else, it will result in a rule out on the Namus page, correct? (Still trying to understand how all this works :))

If this possible match has been thoroughly examined then, if nothing else, it will result in a rule out on the Namus page, correct? (Still trying to understand how all this works :))

Since CODIS cycles through every UID case in the system and compares each one to every MP case in the system, a CODIS rule-out list would be thousands of names long.

But if LE or the ME does a manual check, then yes, it should be listed in NamUs. However, in practice, most do not bother to list them.

I sent the possible match off to Det.Hebb and will post any response he sends....

Fingers crossed that this leads to Simone...I would love to know what happened to her and I know he is retiring soon and would love to put this case "to bed".

He is diving in to this possible match. He also shared with me that there is a new forensic odontologist in MA who is re-evaluating Simone's dental records and who will be entering the data into NAMUS.

If I hear anything more, I will share ASAP.

Good job Billy...

Well, my fingers are crossed. It's so sad that Simone's mother has passed away. If this is her, then it will not only bring closure for her remaining family, but Det. Hebb will have peace with this in his retirement also. It will be interesting to know about the CODIS issue also. I think that's the only reason someone before me has not submitted this as a likely match.

(Do I edit Possible Match to a Submitted or do the moderators do that?)

Well, my fingers are crossed. It's so sad that Simone's mother has passed away. If this is her, then it will not only bring closure for her remaining family, but Det. Hebb will have peace with this in his retirement also. It will be interesting to know about the CODIS issue also. I think that's the only reason someone before me has not submitted this as a likely match.

(Do I edit Possible Match to a Submitted or do the moderators do that?)

I think the mods-I will send a link and the request, if you like?

I really, really hope that Det Hebb can get to see pictures of the jewelry...while he waits for the rest, that is.

I have updated the title. Prayers that there is a match here.

Salem

Believe09, any word from detective Hebb? Just hate seeing this possible fade away into the darkness.

Believe09, any word from detective Hebb? Just hate seeing this possible fade away into the darkness.

Det Hebb retired, but has turned the case over to someone who was on top of it-I will check on the new dentals being entered and get back to you!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back