IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be a good idea to ask campus females if they've ever been approached by a white truck like this one while walking alone...after a night out?

If LS was crossing 10th St at College when this truck was headed down 10th, and if she were offered a ride, she may have thought he would turn on Morton to take her home, but instead he doesn't stop and turns right then she wouldn't be worried until that turn IMO.

Is Morton One Way?

No, Morton is a two way street.

It's not like the truck can go forever without stopping though, she could jump out at any point the vehicle slowed down enough.

If you're gonna abduct someone, I would think allowing them to be free in the back of the truck would be the least effective way to do that.

Absolutely agree. I am thinking he seemed friendly, offered her the ride, then he made that right onto Morton and pulled over somewhere darker than 10th and College to move her to the cab or assault her or whatever. Also why I really want confirmation or exclusion for that scream heard allegedly at the same time!

I know it is too much video to look at, but it would be interesting to know if this vehicle was ever in the area at this time of the morning on other nights after the bars closed. It still seems so unlikely to me that the one (seemingly) vehicle out there is a predator and lo and behold, the one person out there is a young woman all alone. Makes more sense if he had been trolling for a while and got "lucky" this night.

Maybe this guy was going to work and had an "impulsive" urge... It happens.

Morton is a two way street and I would bet that there is very little traffic there at that time of the night/morning.

No, Morton is a two way street.

So, the possible abductor could have had her thinking he would turn left at Morton to go to Smallwood, instead he doesn't stop and makes a quick right...assuming he pulls over soon after in a dark spot to move her.

I can imagine it going this way:

Perp was driving by, saw Lauren, thought she was cute, offered her a ride. Took her somewhere darker, he tried to put a move on her, she refused, he attacks her... and the rest is history.

It doesn't necessarily needs to be someone who was planning an abduction.

This seems more like a crime of opportunity.

Few, but there's some construction in the area according to Captain JQ:

With all the construction in the area, it’s possible the driver may not be from around Bloomington and may not have an indication the BPD has an interest in the truck, Qualters said.

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

Again, this makes no sense to me. Construction workers probably do commute from Bedford/Bloomfield/Martinsville. But those are still towns with newspapers and the internet. You'd literally have to be on the moon not to know that Lauren is missing. My mother in law lives in Linton, which is an hour or so away and she said there are signs in Linton about Lauren.

Everyone knows when she went missing. I can't imagine not knowing, if you were on that block at that time on that night, that the police might want to talk to you and see what you might know.

To the locals....

What is traffic like on a regular basis on the streets that this truck was traveling? It was an early morning Friday after being out on Thursday, right? I'm not familiar with the area, so just curious is one was walking on these streets, how many cars they would typically encounter on a block's walk?

I was not usually around there at 4:30 am.
I'm sure traffic is very light.
However, any traffic coming to the center of town from the north would be on College.

If I recall correctly, you come up a hill which then begins to level out just before 11th street, so a kidnapper would not be able to see a car coming from behind until they were fairly close.

Also, 10th street serves as a small artery and you wouldn’t see a car coming from 10th until they were right up on the intersection (though they can’t turn north).

DON'T PASS UP THIS POST

Do not tell other members how or what to post. If you see a post that you believe is innappropriate, hit the red triangle so a mod can review it. Mods can't possibly read each and every post, so your use of the Alert function is very much appreciated.
Abuse / Flaming / Derogatory Comments:

Abusive Comments, Flaming, or derogatory insults or comments are strictly against the rules. If you disagree with another member’s point of view, do so in a mature and civil manner. If someone posts to discuss their personal problems or seeks help from other forums members, please do not respond unless you have something positive or helpful to add. If you find yourself being flamed or insulted by another member, please do not dignify that person with a response. Notify a moderator and let us handle it.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Websleuths always strives to be victim friendly, and that includes protecting the rights and privacy of third parties and innocent bystanders. Once an individual is named by LE as a witness or person of interest, a reasonable amount of speculation is allowed. It would be impossible to discuss cases otherwise. Nevertheless, restrictions on posting personal data still apply. Again, if you read a post that is falls outside of the guidelines, use the Alert button. It's better for everyone if problems can be handled promptly.

So he headed north on Morton at 4:14.
Then circled the area.
Then west on 10th without turning onto Morton.

Seems like continuing west on 10th there is pretty much a dead end.

If the truck is involved, it always baffles me how someone can be forced into a vehicle and held there against their will, unless a firearm is used, I guess. But unless the victim is incapacitated, seems like the bad guy is going to want to get somewhere in a hurry.

I wonder how thoroughly LE has searched the research park area, not just for a body, but for evidence.
That whole block between Rogers and Morton, 8th and 11th.
I doubt there would be anyone in that area at 4:30 a.m. Thursday night/Friday morning.

An attack there, possibly? Anyone ever search the dumpsters or bins in there?

Great news re one of the POIs:

Fox59 News has learned that one prime person of interest who was among the last people to see Spierer before she vanished has passed a polygraph test.

Rossman?

Seems like today's news are definetly leading to a stranger...

I thought that Qualters said there may have been equipment in the back of the truck during the press conference. It seems they could easily have more video than what has been released. If there was a possibility that it was Lauren in the truck, it doesn't seem like he would say there was equipment in the truck. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa